Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2011, 14:22   #2401
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
@vina
I see most 'old' drivers hogging the road without giving way for other drivers who drive in a spirited way. If you are like me (confession: drive as if my tail is on fire) it makes you hyper tensive for no reason.
I second it. I hate these old men who drive on the center of two lanes over the line. They think those lines are like the old dual lane traffic road which needs to be given up only in case some one is coming from the opposite side.

There is the other category of rash drivers and its pretty to spot them. Look for a fancy number or a fancy sticker. These fancy number fellows are such arrogant and think that they are the most pompous and powerful guys around. I remember some old man was saying don't go close to that fancy number car since he is some big shot. No one knows that if you can shell out some extra money, even you can get a fancy number.

About the stickers and extra fittings, most of them have some fancy stickers such as dog looking out or some football cracked windshield, some antenna lights. Some of them have team-bhp stickers too.
Old 4th July 2011, 14:28   #2402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
@vina

That was really a funny way of putting things. I see most 'old' drivers hogging the road without giving way for other drivers who drive in a spirited way. If you are like me (confession: drive as if my tail is on fire) it makes you hyper tensive for no reason.

I had started from work in Hyderabad around 6pm, and this particular incident happened around 1AM in the night. I had a migraine already and was in no mood to see these antics from my own driver however I had to swallow the non sense because my own guy was an old guy (and very polite one at that) - I just couldn't raise my voice.

Also, after seeing some of the other reports today, I remember this as well - half the time our man was driving right in the center of the lane separation line
Old 4th July 2011, 14:41   #2403
BHPian

Hi Anil

On second thoughts why is the retd Judge having a beacon on his car yet whilst he is officially out of power but not yet out of influence.

Last edited by Dieseldunk : 4th July 2011 at 15:00. Reason: addition
Old 4th July 2011, 14:50   #2404
Senior - BHPian

last Thursday this was the scene when i reached the parking lot to get my car!
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-imag0274.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-imag0275.jpg

this nincompoop not only had parked at a no parking spot, but left very little space behind my car! i had to go forward and reverse couple of times to get out of that spot (had parked close to the kerb)! left him this note on his windshield!

Name:  IMAG0276.jpg
Views: 860
Size:  46.9 KB

saw this guy this morning trying to squeeze his M800 between the Verna and the Alto. when i passed him i was shocked to see there wasn't space enough to get out from the sides. i wonder if he came out of the back

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_0639.jpg

seriously, we need a Bad parking thread!

Last edited by IronH4WK : 4th July 2011 at 14:52.
IronH4WK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2011, 14:55   #2405
BHPian

Hi,
I am not sure this has been posted by anyone else, but to me living in chennai and driving here daily...the most horrendous and the most disrespectful class of drivers are the ones who are driving Innovas - the taxis

No respect, rule, guide - nothing. They drive as if they rule the road and everyone else HAS to STOP for them - giving them the right of way. I just can't stand this, and my only solution to this is play decent loud music and drive.
Old 4th July 2011, 15:27   #2406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
this nincompoop not only had parked at a no parking spot, but left very little space behind my car! i had to go forward and reverse couple of times to get out of that spot (had parked close to the kerb)! left him this note on his windshield!

I like it . Do you think it would be nice to get some stickers from team-bhp with similar lines as you mentioned in your note. The sticker can also have a link that point to a website link which shows how-to and how-not-to park a car. My residential community really needs such stickers as people park hay-wire which creates lots of honking and threats to others.
Old 4th July 2011, 15:32   #2407
BHPian

Quote:

LOL ! Loved the note ! You should have let the air out of one of his tyres or maybe 2 of em !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommie View Post
I like it . Do you think it would be nice to get some stickers from team-bhp with similar lines as you mentioned in your note. The sticker can also have a link that point to a website link which shows how-to and how-not-to park a car. My residential community really needs such stickers as people park hay-wire which creates lots of honking and threats to others.
What we should do is post a note with the TBHP website link and ask them to check this Bad Drivers thread to find their spot on this thread !
Old 4th July 2011, 15:40   #2408
Distinguished - BHPian

This is from a drive up to Lonavala town yesterday. On weekends, the town is overrun with drivers from nearby Pune and Mumbai. The local cops have a tough time managing the traffic, which is really unfair on them.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dsc03482.jpg

In this pic, I am in the rightmost lane. The dividing line is clearly visible to the LEFT of the Jazz and M800. Two lanes are illegally blocking oncoming traffic.
Old 4th July 2011, 15:54   #2409
BHPian

@Noopster - you should be used to seeing more lanes on the right side inspite of you hugging the centre of the road. Its most common as everyone wants to beat the other driver and go ahead. India is indeed a "pragatisheel" country as the word has percolated even at this level LOL
Old 4th July 2011, 16:00   #2410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommie View Post
in our Bagmane Tech-Park office, the security used to leave a canned message printed on a sheet of paper and keep it under the wiper of the offending car; something in the lines of Just because you own a car it doesn't mean you bring it to office. If you do bring it to office, make sure you know how to park it. Having a car doesn't entitle you to park wherever you feel like!

maybe something like I'm an idiot! I don't know how to park! we could stick this on the offending car and the owner might not even notice it for a few days!!
IronH4WK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2011, 16:17   #2411
BHPian

Quote:
hey! looks who's back!

at this rate, i just might end up making a hip-hop video about Bangalore traffic

folks, have a look at this: YOU BE THE JUDGE. its a shame!
Yeah Anil, been a long time...

Sick man, to see a former judge do this and every day at it!!! SpitFire posted another link on the 'Rant thread'; in which the man had the audacity to say he was not wrong - what an imbecile.
Old 4th July 2011, 16:27   #2412
Senior - BHPian

These days when i see someone driving sanely and sticking to one lane of the road, 95% chances are that they are on the phone be it a two wheeler or four
Old 4th July 2011, 16:38   #2413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
These days when i see someone driving sanely and sticking to one lane of the road, 95% chances are that they are on the phone be it a two wheeler or four
you're wrong! there's a 99.999% chance they're on the phone!

this morning i saw a SX4 and Swift driving slowly behind a bike on the left lane on the BETL (after the lay bye). i thought, wow - nice people, letting others pass. as i was passing them, saw BOTH of them on their phones!!

on another occasion, saw a beige Ford Ikon driving slowly on the left lane on the BETL (on the ramp after exiting EC ph1 toll). came up alongside and found this!!

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_0598.jpg
Old 4th July 2011, 19:44   #2414
BHPian

Quote:
left him this note on his windshield!
I applaud your restraint in wording your message.

Quote:
i wonder if he came out of the back
In our office parking, I had to once get into my 800 from the rear because of one such person. There was absolutely no room for me to squeeze in. At first, I wanted to open my door and make a gash mark on his car, but I overcame that temptation. My note was loaded with expletives though.

Team BHP Support : Any foul language directly and indirectly will not be tolerated. Next time infraction. Please read rules before proceeding.

Last edited by GTO : 6th July 2011 at 14:55. Reason: Any foul language directly and indirectly will not be tolerated. Next time infraction. Please read rules before proceeding.
Old 4th July 2011, 20:02   #2415
Senior - BHPian

just got out of Reliance Fresh and was about to get into VT Bakes (on Channasandra main road, Banaswadi) when i see this guy and his wife quickly park their car and head inside Reliance Fresh - blocking the Scooty!

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dsc00125.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dsc00126.jpg

why are people like this? i mean, at the slightest opportunity people tend to break the law or take shortcuts! sheesh! disgusting!

Last edited by IronH4WK : 4th July 2011 at 20:04.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks