Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2011, 22:45   #2626
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Saw this guy trying to make an U turn encircling the vehicles waiting to make the right turn, when the signal change to green. he could have chosen the right lane at the right instance rather than coming in the middle lane. These type of bad drivers were discussed in several posts in this thread. Their breed is on the rise.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-uturn.jpg  

Old 31st July 2011, 15:44   #2627
Senior - BHPian

Came across a couple of bad guys behind the wheel/handle. But in the pictures below they are really dangerous as well.
See, the pillion carrying ladder and a paint can. Is he a mobile painter on call.
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-br2.jpg
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-br3.jpg
The guy on the scooter is also trying to squeeze through the narrow gap in between the ad median hoardings. In fact by doing so he is blocking traffic also. A bad pedestrians can also be seen

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-ace-1.jpg
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-ace2.jpg
The guy is carrying iron rods, which are overhanging at front as well as rear, in his Ace. I saw some bikers getting saved by the skin of their teeth, in the melee when the light turned green. Some bikers unknowingly came into precarious positions. The police en-route were mute spectators. The driver of the Ace was also throwing caution to the winds. They are the real killers.

Last edited by rajeev k : 31st July 2011 at 15:49.
Old 1st August 2011, 17:55   #2628
BHPian

If the RTOs stop dishing out licenses to every Tom, Dick and Harry, the roads will be a lot more disciplined. Licenses should be given only to the deserving after a rigorous test.
Old 1st August 2011, 19:37   #2629
BHPian

Check out this stupid biker who is trying a few stunts on a public road !

https://www.facebook.com/video/video...d=205051538675
Old 1st August 2011, 19:50   #2630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Check out this stupid biker who is trying a few stunts on a public road !

https://www.facebook.com/video/video...d=205051538675
i think someone posted this in the Accident Pics thread. the auto should had rear ended the biker, only then would he have learnt a lesson in public safety!

i wonder what the remaining part of the video contains!!
Old 1st August 2011, 20:20   #2631
Senior - BHPian

Team,
Have you noticed, those uncouth drivers who cannot wait in one spot and cross over to the other side of the road, when it's possible. But rather choose to drive on the wrong side of the road, wait for gaps on both sides and then drive off onto the right side of the road as if it's perfectly alright.
Insanity this!

and again while driving to Lonavala today, i had to encounter the blinker brigade. This time even my wife was bugged at them.
She said can we not post this in the newspapers and explain to the people that it's wrong and why.
I shifted out of a lane, thinking the truck in front of us was stationary. But the truck guy was driving along at his leisurely pace. Horrible habit this.
It's very hard to tell at times whether the vehicle in front it stationary or moving slowly.
Another idiot who had his blinkers on, switched them off to use his indicator. and then forgot to switch the indicator off. When will these folks ever learn!?!
Old 1st August 2011, 20:40   #2632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Team, i had to encounter the blinker brigade.
Another idiot who had his blinkers on, switched them off to use his indicator. and then forgot to switch the indicator off. When will these folks ever learn!?!
I saw such an in-disciplined idiot (all idiots are) with a capital I on the Cochin bypass last Monday, he did exactly this; after making all confusion, he switched it off and came out with an indicator.
These guys are accident makers, catalysts for a catastrophe on roads.
Old 1st August 2011, 21:48   #2633
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
I saw such an in-disciplined idiot (all idiots are) with a capital I on the Cochin bypass last Monday, he did exactly this; after making all confusion, he switched it off and came out with an indicator.
These guys are accident makers, catalysts for a catastrophe on roads.

Another favourite trick these guys have - turn on the indicators AFTER starting to take a turn. In fact blinkers or no blinkers many people do exactly this.
Old 1st August 2011, 21:54   #2634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
Another favourite trick these guys have - turn on the indicators AFTER starting to take a turn. In fact blinkers or no blinkers many people do exactly this.
yes that's another horrible habit.
infact happened to us today.
one dude on the left lane, wanted to turn into a street on the right. he turned into the right lane without signalling. i was following a guy in the right lane, who braked hard. luckily i now maintain a generous distance so it was not such an issue. but what about folks who do not maintain a decent distance from the vehicle ahead. a rear ended ending it could be.
Old 2nd August 2011, 15:27   #2635
BHPian

Had an experience with a crazy autowallah today.

This morning, was on my way to chalakudy from angamaly on the superb section of the NH-47.

I was doing fairly good speeds(read 110km/hr) on my waggie on the right lane when a Fortuner came by and I moved to the left lane to let him pass.
While he was overtaking me, suddenly an Ape decides to cross the highway median(through the gap provided for U turns) and jumps into the right lane of our side, the side where the Fortuner guy and I was doing speeds of 100+ km/hr!!

The Fortuner braked hard and dived into the left lane, narrowly missing my front bumper!! I had to brake really hard too, or else I would have hit him for sure. There was no way I could see this coming, as the size of the Fortuner prevented me from seeing anything on the right side!!

People say loads about the immense road presence of the Fortuner. Apparently this didn't work on the auto guy, for all we know he could be an ex-truckie who was used to other motorists giving his truck all the respect he wanted!!
Old 2nd August 2011, 15:53   #2636
Senior - BHPian

The other day when I was returning from Kolhapur doing decent speeds, had a heart in mouth situation when a truck driver decided to turn right suddenly to dodge a two wheeler. The truck was turned so abruptly that it was occupying an imaginary rectangle drawn with width as road width and length as the length of the truck. So there could be no way I can swerve my way through.

My Figo came to a screeching halt scaring the living day lights of my mom and scattering the things that I put on rear passenger seats all over the car!!

When I went ahead and saw what this driver was up to, he was a sardar trying to locate something from his dash. I was appalled. And by all probabilities he did not even have the faintest of ideas of what happened behind him! Dim wit!

Edit: Seat belts and ABS definitely helped me in the situation. Even the lone rear passenger was buckled up and had it not been the case the braking was brisk enough to throw her off the seat.

Last edited by anilisanil : 2nd August 2011 at 15:56.
Old 2nd August 2011, 17:11   #2637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
The other day when I was returning from Kolhapur doing decent speeds, had a heart in mouth situation when a truck driver decided to turn right suddenly to dodge a two wheeler. The truck was turned so abruptly that it was occupying an imaginary rectangle drawn with width as road width and length as the length of the truck. So there could be no way I can swerve my way through.

My Figo came to a screeching halt scaring the living day lights of my mom and scattering the things that I put on rear passenger seats all over the car!!

When I went ahead and saw what this driver was up to, he was a sardar trying to locate something from his dash. I was appalled. And by all probabilities he did not even have the faintest of ideas of what happened behind him! Dim wit!

Edit: Seat belts and ABS definitely helped me in the situation. Even the lone rear passenger was buckled up and had it not been the case the braking was brisk enough to throw her off the seat.
Anil it is really good that you & your mother came out safe of the incident.
But, how does a driver being bad depends on him being Sardar (Sikh) or you or me. I am not a Sikh, but a devout Hindu Brahmin, but still your observation regarding the driver did hurt me... though I understand that you did not said that intentionally & probably wanted to say that the foolish driver was looking something on his dash.
Old 2nd August 2011, 17:34   #2638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Anil it is really good that you & your mother came out safe of the incident.
But, how does a driver being bad depends on him being Sardar (Sikh) or you or me. I am not a Sikh, but a devout Hindu Brahmin, but still your observation regarding the driver did hurt me... though I understand that you did not said that intentionally & probably wanted to say that the foolish driver was looking something on his dash.
Indeed, no intent to make fun/insult of any community here. It was just an observation that I saw a Sikh Driver at the wheel and nothing else. Sincere apologies if my post did still hurt any sentiments and the post can be edited/deleted as deemed right!
Old 2nd August 2011, 17:45   #2639
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Indeed, no intent to make fun/insult of any community here. It was just an observation that I saw a Sikh Driver at the wheel and nothing else. Sincere apologies if my post did still hurt any sentiments and the post can be edited/deleted as deemed right!
That's fine... peace buddy. I understand your state of mind when you recall that incident & (reiterate &) admit that your comments were not intentional.

Take Care & Good Luck
Old 2nd August 2011, 18:05   #2640
Senior - BHPian

can anybody guess what might have caused this cabbie to stop in the fast lane on a curve on a flyover?

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_1036.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_1037.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks