Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2011, 19:57   #2971
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Came across this bad driver today. he was dialing, talking over mobile; in fact he was making several calls. Not bothered about the surroundings. Take a look.
Some people are born losers, never mind. Why can't they wait at the side of the road for a few minutes, dismount, take the call and then proceed? Or else don't answer the call at all; instead return the missed call when they reach the destination.

In Pune, there are hundreds of such people who converse on the mobile while driving. What I fail to understand is how they manage to hold their mobiles between their shoulder and their head bent at a strange 45 deg. angle. And driving all the while.
Old 17th October 2011, 21:04   #2972
Distinguished - BHPian

Agreed. There was one moron just ahead of me in Hinjewadi just now. Half thought I should creep up behind me and blast a honk, startling him into dropping that damn phone balanced between ear and left shoulder. But thought the better of it; he may end up swerving and hurting me or some other safe driver instead.
Old 17th October 2011, 21:37   #2973
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday night, rather midnight, I am waiting under the Juhu Galli flyover to go towards Andheri east and traffic is choc-a-bloc. The lights trun green and I am behind an Innova following him...this ANHC comes from the left and tries to get in between the Innova and me , I refuse. He realises too late that he cannot make it - and his mirror pushes my i10's mirror right back in the opposite direction and took off.

I asked wifey to pull the mirror back and drove on. Ahead I see this guy hasn't reached anywhere - so I decide to have some fun. I accelerate fast and I think this guy saw me in his mirror and started to accelerate too but he couldn't as he was stuck behind a bus. So I overtake him and stop him.

Open the door and walk up to him - ask him why is he running ? He saks me innocently what happened ? I said I can see your mirror has been scratched , can you?

I added - why are you running ? You could have shown remorse by lifting a hand or simply apologised and went ahead. He apologises - I ask him to drive safe and move on.

Second incident - Today I took a right towards Lokhandwala from the 4 bungalow signal. As I crossed Dirubhai Ambani hospital, I realise that the traffic in the opposite direction is at a stand still. Just ahead of the hospital a cab pulls out of a small lane on my left side and goes right across the road waiting to join the traffic going the opposite direction. He has stopped traffic in my direction. I roll down the window and tell him - Thoda dekh ke aur samajh ke toh ghusa karo !

He reverses right back into the lane from where he came allowing traffic to procede, shocking me totally.
normally_crazy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2011, 22:44   #2974
Senior - BHPian

Tonight in the Kottayam Ernakulam stretch at around 9PM saw a truck carrying concrete posts followed by a TATA 207, a Punto and an Indica all driving bumper to bumper. Then noticed that the 207 is toeing the Punto and is driving recklessly to overtake the truck which was emitting thick black smoke. The dangerous way driving of the 207 with the Punto in toe is to be seen to be believed. After overtaking he became sedate.
Old 18th October 2011, 00:27   #2975
Senior - BHPian

A super smart guy on a bike - earlier today at around 5:45 pm - near Cauvery theater - both his blinkers blinking - a la hazard light - our hero is zigzagging through crawling traffic. I was on a bike too - I catch up with him ahead and point to his blinkers on - he smiles and says - too much traffic saar - got to zigzag na - so both blinkers on.

Sunday night - around 8:30 pm - MG road Anil Kumble circle junction - a beat up Alto - TBHP sticker on the hatch - thumping music pouring out of all the openings in the car - well beyond the stop line - 3/4th over the zebra - checking out a girl on a bike that has stopped right on the stop line at the signal.

A small gap in the on coming traffic - Hero zooms with a thunder - the muffler unit is tampered with - someone should think a hot rod is burning rubber only to see a beat up alto trying hard to breathe. I catch up with him at the UB city traffic light (i am on a bike) - music still thundering - pop comes out a cigarette butt - am a few feet next to the car - the butt lands a few centimeters away from my feet (poor me was wearing floaters u know). I look at him and ask "TBHP?" (my bad) - and he says "haan??" with a scowl (he thought I was passing a comment on the cigarette butt) - I just nod as in "nothing". the hot rod zooms ahead again. I could catch up with him till Lalbagh with normal bike riding speed (I was riding a superbike you know - Bajaj CT100)
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2011, 12:42   #2976
Senior - BHPian

This is how a SETC bus stops for a tyre check up. He stopped there for 5-10 mins. Not only he covered the entire lane by stopping the bus, but there were around 4-5 people checking out for damage on the tyre occupying 25 % of opposite lane.

Place :OMR Road (30 Kms from pondy)

The condition of the tyre was really bad.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-image1427.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-image1430.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-image1424.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-image1429.jpg  

Old 18th October 2011, 14:39   #2977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
This is the race driver's car!

Attachment 828503
These kind of characters are a special breed of drivers. According to them the road belongs to them and the rest are doing a favor by giving them way!

Good you put some brains in his head. What surprises me is if he is also works in the same premises makes him an educated guy The mid number plate says who he is.

Last edited by sumathindra : 18th October 2011 at 14:41. Reason: edits
Old 18th October 2011, 19:46   #2978
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Attachment 828503
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
These kind of characters are a special breed of drivers. According to them the road belongs to them and the rest are doing a favor by giving them way!

Good you put some brains in his head. What surprises me is if he is also works in the same premises makes him an educated guy The mid number plate says who he is.
Actually, these are the kind of people who are well educated and smart and everything, (and are very frustrated about the maddening traffic outside the premises), and the moment they get behind the wheel of the car, they have that "I'm free" feeling. And they put the pedal to the metal to let all that bottled-up frustration out.

I sympathize with the guy. But that doesn't mean you go on a rampage in a parking-lot full of people walking around and people trying to park their car. Imagine if one guy pulled out of the parking lot slowly, without looking at this nitwit blazing down the narrow asphalted corridor. The nitwit wouldn't even have seconds to react! And such things do happen!
Old 18th October 2011, 21:35   #2979
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
blazing down the narrow asphalted corridor
oh, there is no asphalt in the parking lot; just those driveway tiles (take a look at the picture), which is kinda lose. so, if you're heading down the path at 70kmph and had to brake suddenly, you ain't gonna get any traction!
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2011, 23:02   #2980
Senior - BHPian

Saw an accident today evening at the BPCL COCO pump on the Seaport Airport Road. An Eicher truck while moving on after fueling badly damaged the front door and fender of a brand new Hundai fluidic Verna fueling at the adjacent unit. The bad truck driver was sitting at the wheel and continuously talking on his mobile. He is not knowing that he should not use mobiles at filling stations.

Last edited by rajeev k : 18th October 2011 at 23:06.
Old 19th October 2011, 12:41   #2981
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
this morning ...
Quote:
KL registration...Hmmm... Could be a guy who's inspired by those Private Bus (Race) drivers of Ernakulam

Anyway, it would've been easier for you to tell him the "right words", if you had so wanted

Appreciate your maturity though, to have told him what he did was wrong, and not acting like big daddy
Old 20th October 2011, 10:50   #2982
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's one bad driver. Rash driving, bad overtaking (on the bridge too) and kept blaring his power horns. On approaching the bridge he overtook other vehicles very rashly. Was surprised to see that the cops didnt take any action. The cops just looked at the vehicles. Guess on seeing "Govt of Kerala", he just looked back. Many bikers stared at the vehicle and kept wondering why this guy as blaring his car horn. A very bad driver. The vehicle number is KL-7-BD-9009
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img00830201110191735.jpg  

naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2011, 11:37   #2983
Senior - BHPian

Check out this lady rider. Wrong side on a national highway, going at decent speeds (>50kmph) , and with two kids too.
She is not just a bad driver herself, but also is raising a generation of new bad drivers.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-image154.jpg
sajo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2011, 11:40   #2984
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Check out this lady rider. Wrong side on a national highway, going at decent speeds (>50kmph) , and with two kids too.
She is not just a bad driver herself, but also is raising a generation of new bad drivers.
Plus no Helmet. But who wears helmet in Pune.
Old 21st October 2011, 11:43   #2985
Senior - BHPian

<confession> Been a bad driver today myself. There is slow moving bus trying to overtake a slower moving truck and I decided to squeeze in between the gap!! Only after completing the maneuver with zero fault tolerance did I realize how stupid I was! I do not know why I lose myself to temptation!!</confession>

Most Viewed