Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2011, 09:00   #3361
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Spotted KA-0x-MC-905x Black Scoprio last evening near KR Puram railway stn. This dude was talking on the phone all through. Went next to him and tried to grab his attention by flashing lights, but he seemed to be busy on the phone. The reason for trying to grab his attention was he had Got Bhp ? sticker on the rear left bottom .

Last edited by 2500cc : 30th December 2011 at 09:06.
Old 30th December 2011, 09:34   #3362
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Imagine a 2 lane highway. On the left lane there is a very slow moving overloaded truck. So all the fast vehicles (read cars) are overtaking the truck from the right lane and following each other in a straight line with not much space between them. I am one amongst those. The whole lane behind the truck is empty.

Now one idiot thinks he can simply take the empty left lane and when he reaches the truck turn on the right indicator and try to squeeze in to overtake the truck thereby breaking the uniform speed that is being followed by all the vehicles in the right lane. He can very well see the truck from far away and understands that there is no chance to squeeze in. Yesterday one guy tried to do this and i did not allow him to come in the right lane.

Impatience is the primary cause of accidents and this i believe is being impatient and not following road manners. Was i right in not giving him the space to join the lane?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishie View Post
...As per me, what ever we did is right, (being on the right lane, we get the right of way, and ), but we become the bad drivers for those who are ignorant of these rules and/or are impatient.

I don't think, what we do is going to change anything for those idiots on road, and if we make eye contact with those guys, they start a fight (atleast here in bangalore).
In your situation, I'd do the same. I'd actually derive a sense of satisfaction in doing that
I may not be a person to teach somebody a lesson, but by doing so if atleast one person thinks twice before squeezing in, i'll be happy that my intention was served.

Below are two situations I face often:
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-untitled.jpg

situation 1 is the recent one in one of the toll gates.
Even after seeing that one toll gate is closed, the impatient lorry driver decides to take a shortcut and push in before me.
But on that day he had encountered me...he had to wait until some other guy behind me gave way to squeeze in

Situation 2 is what I see daily on my way to office (It is a 6 lane NH).
There is a lane marked for taking U turn.
People going straight should ideally wait in the line.
But impatient guys decide to go into the u-lane and come straight and push their way.
Whenever possible(todayI did it) i don't allow them and eventually these guys have to wait longer than what they had to if they were on the correct lane.
When this happens, i just have a devilish laugh within myself and go ahead

We have to be good on the road, but being bad to a bad driver is not bad.
hemanth.anand is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th December 2011, 10:01   #3363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
In your situation, I'd do the same. I'd actually derive a sense of satisfaction in doing that
I may not be a person to teach somebody a lesson, but by doing so if atleast one person thinks twice before squeezing in, i'll be happy that my intention was served.

Below are two situations I face often:

situation 1 is the recent one in one of the toll gates.
Even after seeing that one toll gate is closed, the impatient lorry driver decides to take a shortcut and push in before me.
But on that day he had encountered me...he had to wait until some other guy behind me gave way to squeeze in

Situation 2 is what I see daily on my way to office (It is a 6 lane NH).
There is a lane marked for taking U turn.
People going straight should ideally wait in the line.
But impatient guys decide to go into the u-lane and come straight and push their way.
Whenever possible(todayI did it) i don't allow them and eventually these guys have to wait longer than what they had to if they were on the correct lane.
When this happens, i just have a devilish laugh within myself and go ahead

We have to be good on the road, but being bad to a bad driver is not bad.
Actually most of the times these idiots feel that they have the speed and hence should be given the right of way. They, however, tend to forget that they actually are forcing others to reduce their speed by making them hit the brakes when these guys squeeze in between the non existing gaps. I don't mind anyone overtaking me in a normal way, but I simply hate it when he expects me to slow down and lose momentum so that he could get ahead and squeeze in front of me. Unfortunately for us there are too many of these kind which actually makes those driving safe look like idiots.
swarooppatil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st December 2011, 15:57   #3364
BHPian

Shocking visual

Disclaimers:
This is not PS job, though hard to believe.
This is actually the picture of a MOVING VEHICLE.

Bad driver, bad passengers, bad workers who loaded this vehicle, bad people everywhere!!!

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-p1050473.jpg

Sorry for the poor PIC quality. It was late evening and I clicked this from the rear seat of our car.
ch.nathan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2011, 20:37   #3365
Senior - BHPian

Re: Shocking visual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post
Disclaimers:
This is outright dangerous. Is it dry grass loaded on the back of a tractor? If yes, then it could break off at any moment and the 3 guys could soon be down on the road & in front of the vehicle behind. A sure recipe for disaster.

On a similar and off topic note, people resort to a similar way of travelling on banking locos. See a similar pic on IRFCA: IRFCA - The Indian Railways Fan Club Photo Gallery - john5.jpg.
Old 1st January 2012, 09:45   #3366
BHPian

Re: Shocking visual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post
Disclaimers:
This is really shocking. I don't understand why people have to take these kind of risks. If it's dried hay or something similar, it can give way any time and they will be on the road and in the path of other vehicles.
(OT: I don't know whether this pic belongs to the Bad drivers thread)
Old 1st January 2012, 11:33   #3367
Senior - BHPian

You can spot two drivers who are very very bad at parking.

The Honda City belongs to a Pediatrician and Maruti Swift belongs to a Pathologist.
Attached Images

Last edited by Vid6639 : 1st January 2012 at 11:46. Reason: remove duplicate image
Klub Class is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2012, 12:23   #3368
Senior - BHPian

Why this Kolavazhi?
See this bad and dangerous driver. As he was knowing that the wood he is carrying is precariously perched on the left side he is driving through the right side of the road.
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-bad.jpg
See the latest fad by two wheelers in suburbs. Ride the Talk.
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-bad-riders.jpg

Last edited by rajeev k : 1st January 2012 at 12:36.
Old 1st January 2012, 12:25   #3369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post

The Honda City belongs to a Pediatrician and Maruti Swift belongs to a Pathologist.
Er! But I guess they parked better than most doctors I see here. The tree seems to be the culprit here.

A general observation is that most doctors are poor drivers - I work at a hospital, and see the way cars are parked in the doctors' parking daily - not a single car gets parked properly. In most cases, they'd park cars diagonally thereby blocking space for two cars!

(I don't intend to blame all doctors - but my observation is that 90% of doctors are bad drivers. This is just my observation)
Old 1st January 2012, 12:42   #3370
Distinguished - BHPian

We have quite a few doctor members: their responses will be ...interesting!

Old 1st January 2012, 20:38   #3371
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

When you consider the tree obstructing the path for the white Swift, I believe its not that bad.

If he angles his car in the ideal direction, and the red ANHC parks a little bit behind, he might get stuck because of the tree.

Last edited by SDP : 1st January 2012 at 20:46.
Old 1st January 2012, 21:09   #3372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks
(I don't intend to blame all doctors - but my observation is that 90% of doctors are bad drivers. This is just my observation)
Well, not intending to support either::.
Its quite an irony that some used car ads have this small snippet saying "Doctor owned" justifying a higher ask price?? (supposed to be better maintained/driven probably!! )
Old 2nd January 2012, 00:25   #3373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePunter View Post
Well, not intending to support either::.
Its quite an irony that some used car ads have this small snippet saying "Doctor owned" justifying a higher ask price?? (supposed to be better maintained/driven probably!! )
I guess this is because they are usually driven from home to clinic and back everyday. Doctors i guess are too busy by profession and don't get generous time for long trips.
Old 2nd January 2012, 02:12   #3374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks

Er! But I guess they parked better than most doctors I see here. The tree seems to be the culprit here.

A general observation is that most doctors are poor drivers - I work at a hospital, and see the way cars are parked in the doctors' parking daily - not a single car gets parked properly. In most cases, they'd park cars diagonally thereby blocking space for two cars!

I agree! I'm at SJH and the parking there is haphazard!

Though I always park sensibly and leave more space on the side with the driver side door of the adjacent car so that others can easily get in without bashing their door against mine! Always hold my door and prevent any part of me or my car, touching the other car while getting out!

I remember once I was sitting in my car and this senior doc comes in his ikon and tries to squeeze in to a non existant gap enough for only 1 scooter or a bike, ended up nudging both mine(was in my dad's car then) and the one adjacent to mine!
And I was wondering "why would anyone even attempt something like that?" Lol
Old 2nd January 2012, 11:13   #3375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I guess we can excuse them if they had to attend to an emergency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Why this Kolavazhi?
See this bad and dangerous driver. As he was knowing that the wood he is carrying is precariously perched on the left side he is driving through the right side of the road.
Good, right?
If he drives on the left, the wood will fall into the ditch and he will not be able to recover it.

WHEN (not IF) the wood falls, it will fall on the road, and it would be easy for him to pick it up. Even better if there is a vehicle on the left. It will cushion the wood, so the wood is not damaged.
rohanjf is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks