Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2007, 17:28   #331
BHPian

According to me in most cases the bad driver has an "L" on the glass.

I have noticed this very often that if i suddenly have to brake hard it is 90% of time because of a car which has an "L".

Maybe later on they improve
Old 20th September 2007, 09:38   #332
BHPian

Look at other cities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Can you believe i actually read the posts on this thread.. each and every one of them...
One thing you guys have forgotten...
Why do generally people use hazard lights? if their car is having trouble or if the car is parked to the side to warn others that the car is stationery and to slowdown to overtake right?

Well i dont know if anyone has noticed this but i bangalore i have noticed this a few times that is that is the car is going straight through an intersection then the driver puts on the hazard light.. Its like an indication that the car is going straight.. .. the first time i saw this i slowed my car thinking the car ahead of me switched on the hazard lights is having a problem to my surprise he went straight through the intersection and then switched off the hazard signal... it was unbelieveable..
If you go to a smaller city like Bhubaneswar, you'll be surprised. In places like Bangalore, its just rare. But in Bhubaneswar, its an unwritten rule. Its like, everyone does it while passing an intersection. I was once confronted (one year back) for not doing it while passing an intersection!!
Old 20th September 2007, 11:43   #333
BHPian

the worst drivers are the ladies

i really keep distance when ever i find a lady driver. i am really scared to have them around .. never know when they just come and bang
Old 20th September 2007, 11:54   #334
Senior - BHPian

People chucking stuff out of their cars while driving. Not only are they bad drivers/passengers, but also bad citizens. Damn annoying.
Old 20th September 2007, 12:52   #335
BHPian

Guys dont fry me on this, most of the (I mean "most" and not "al"l) KA-01 drivers tend to hog the road and block the traffic, I am not sure if anybody else has observed this. Also most of the KA-01 cars tend to have both their side mirrors folded, so its better to keep a safe distance from these chaps.

Apart from this there are the usual yellow boards and autos, mide aged gentlemens, almost all ladies.

I am amazed why these people dont feel ashamed being on the right most side with their speedo needle on the leftmost side.
Old 20th September 2007, 14:22   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
People chucking stuff out of their cars while driving. Not only are they bad drivers/passengers, but also bad citizens. Damn annoying.
Ohh yae its is really damn annoying, people smoking and throwing the ash out. thinking the entire road is an ashtray.

As mentione chucking stuffs, spitting... god help this country.
Old 20th September 2007, 14:25   #337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepaktpatil View Post
Guys dont fry me on this, most of the (I mean "most" and not "al"l) KA-01 drivers tend to hog the road and block the traffic, I am not sure if anybody else has observed this. Also most of the KA-01 cars tend to have both their side mirrors folded, so its better to keep a safe distance from these chaps.

Apart from this there are the usual yellow boards and autos, mide aged gentlemens, almost all ladies.

I am amazed why these people dont feel ashamed being on the right most side with their speedo needle on the leftmost side.
hehe also same is practised by some who drive/ride old vehicles, guess they assume that when they hit the top most speed in thier vehicle thats when take the right lane.

Top speed of the vehicle might be 40kmph!
Old 21st September 2007, 08:28   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepaktpatil View Post

what is guess is all bangalore registered ppl hav the same
characteristics that u mentioned. right from KA-01 to KA-05
Old 21st September 2007, 09:26   #339
BHPian

add 4 more as bangalore has 4 more rto's .. RTO site
ie KA-41, KA-50, KA-51, KA-53

Last edited by deepak_ms : 21st September 2007 at 09:29.
Old 21st September 2007, 09:30   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepak_ms View Post
add 4 more as bangalore has 4 more rto's .. RTO site
ie KA-41, KA-50, KA-51, KA-53

i was in perticular to KA-05
Old 21st September 2007, 10:13   #341
BHPian

Hmm. Good observation on the KA01 vehicles. KA01 is central bangalore and usually may not be private owned cars. They may belong to Taxi operators and other offices. Could this be the reason???

But i often find the KA02 vehicles very nice and accomodating . Now you know where i am from!
Old 21st September 2007, 12:02   #342
BHPian

The ladies invariably claim that they are the perfect drivers!! Recently I read an article about lady drivers being harassed by men, and the author repeatedly claimed that ladies are always good drivers.

Have a woman EVER admit she was wrong in ANYTHING?

I am yet to see ONE good woman driver here in India. Even my "left seat driver" always encourage me to do stoopid things. Lucky she doesn't drive!!

Last edited by DileepKS : 21st September 2007 at 12:03.
Old 21st September 2007, 14:18   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kick.throttle View Post
what is guess is all bangalore registered ppl hav the same
characteristics that u mentioned. right from KA-01 to KA-05
Dude, I was talking about the subtle and relative differences between KA-01 to KA-05cheers:
Old 22nd September 2007, 15:48   #344
BHPian

Worst Driver? Two ladies in a car chatting away, oblivious to whats going on around them.
Old 24th September 2007, 17:47   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaynmantis View Post
Worst Driver? Two ladies in a car chatting away, oblivious to whats going on around them.
dude
i just go with you.. i just hate lady drivers.. never know what will happen when they just come around

Most Viewed