Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2012, 13:38   #3451
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
A herd of cows.

And a congress of bad drivers...because they are all baboons!
Yes perfect description sajo.

By the way are you uploading these snaps to the Pune Traffic FB page or have you also given up on them.
Old 10th January 2012, 14:07   #3452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Yes perfect description sajo.

By the way are you uploading these snaps to the Pune Traffic FB page or have you also given up on them.
Given up. Almost.
Posting those pics there, but do not expect any action in return. Pune Traffic Police actually says that "action is regularly taken against these".
Old 10th January 2012, 22:26   #3453
Senior - BHPian

Came across a lot of guys behind wheels or handlebars on last Sunday. Take a look and decide for yourselves. Really dangerous stuff.
Amidst all these saw an i10 speeding through the other track in the opposite direction. Failed to click that and had I succeeded the picture would have resembled a street scene of some other land.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-bd1.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-bd2.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-bd3.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-bd4.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-bd5.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-bd6.jpg  

Last edited by rajeev k : 10th January 2012 at 22:28.
Old 10th January 2012, 22:31   #3454
Senior - BHPian

How?

Do check the mirror as you leave home. There's usually one hidden inside all of us
zenx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 05:03   #3455
BHPian

Yesterday i was driving to forum, bangalore from diary circle. Put my indicator to left at raheja flats. A santro had parked just at the entrance of forum by the side of footpath . And just as i passed the car and was turning left into the entrance , the idiotic lady had a brainwave to move and straight bumped into my car. When i asked her what the hell was she doing , she says i couldn see the indicator in the rare view mirror and i should ve honked. I asked her why would she need an indicator to hit a car that was already in front . In a busy road like that its a routine to check behind before flooring the accelarator. Judging by the sheer no of dents that were on the car i could only speculate the number of cars that would ve suffered at her hands.
Old 11th January 2012, 11:52   #3456
Distinguished - BHPian

This is how we drive in Hinjewadi, home to the IT elite of the country

First we take the wrong lane
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-20120111_hjw1.jpg

When that inconsiderate bunch of correct-laners refuses to let us travel in the wrong lane, we...well...go ANYWAY!
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-20120111_hjw2.jpg
noopster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 12:01   #3457
Senior - BHPian

To add to what Noopster have pointed above, I am now-a-days seeing Bikers driving very dangerously in Mumbai too.

Vehicles, especially two wheelers, don't think twice before taking the opposite (wrong) lane to save couple of minutes. Also I have spotted many Bikers, specially the new 180 / 200 CC Bikes whose rear view mirrors are removed or turned the other side. I wonder how would these Bikers driving in city / highway without Rear View?

Probably they feel they are king of the roads & cut around anywhere, until one day when accident happens.

Thanks,
Old 11th January 2012, 12:05   #3458
Senior - BHPian

Noopster, can you please upload the same on Pune Traffic Police's Facebook Page ? We got to keep nagging them until they take action.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 12:36   #3459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
This is how we drive in Hinjewadi, home to the IT elite of the country
Looks like most of them are in IT, looking at their laptop bags. Unfortunately Many IT companies force their employees to spend certain number of hours in office (averaged per week, month or quarter), and that worsens the traffic situation. You can see that in Bangalore too. Perhaps, the companies can loosen some rules (e.g., work from home option) and reduce the number of (bad) drivers on the roads.
Old 11th January 2012, 14:20   #3460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
Unfortunately Many IT companies force their employees to spend certain number of hours in office (averaged per week, month or quarter), and that worsens the traffic situation.
I dont think its due to companies dude. It takes hardly 5 minutes extra (when on bike) to be on the correct side of the road and riding cautiously on this stretch. Yet people go ahead and do it anyway. You would think they would start off 5 minutes early. And I dont think any company enforces the come-in-sharp-at-9-or-get-a-half-day thing here. Atleast, none of the big ones do.

Infact, so many people do it, they cause their own traffic jams on the wrong side of the road. Check out this pic I clicked today morning and posted on the Hinjewadi thread.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-image219.jpg

Last edited by sajo : 11th January 2012 at 14:30. Reason: Image showing up weird. Removing the link to image and attaching the same.
sajo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2012, 01:08   #3461

Guys, what do you think of this?
bad? careless? or just plain dumb !!!

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-bhp_2.jpg

I wonder if he got home safe....

Cheers,
M_83
Old 12th January 2012, 02:43   #3462
Distinguished - BHPian

I suppose they are not very heavy, but I don't like the idea of what a puff of wind might do.

Probably much less stupid than carrying large pieces of sheet material on a motor bike.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2012, 05:08   #3463
Senior - BHPian

Many pictures posted these days show vehicles taking the wrong lane to either make a short cut or to escape from traffic snarls. This dangerous way is being followed by many as an acceptable practice today. Bad Drivers; their tribe is on the rise.
Old 12th January 2012, 20:52   #3464
BANNED

Can someone tell/explain as to why people riding bikes have to rest their right foot on the brake pedal and drive at 80kmph with the Brake Lights ON?

I have seen a million drive this way and it just confuses me as to what is that person trying to do. It actually irritates me and feel like going to them and ask them to get that leg off the brake lights. It is painful in the night times as all the time the light is blinding the eyes.

Why can't they ride by placing the feet under the brake pedal and lift when necessary? Quoting a famous quote " How hard can it be?!"
Old 12th January 2012, 21:17   #3465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Can someone tell/explain as to why people riding bikes have to rest their right foot on the brake pedal and drive at 80kmph with the Brake Lights ON?

I have seen a million drive this way and it just confuses me as to what is that person trying to do. It actually irritates me and feel like going to them and ask them to get that leg off the brake lights. It is painful in the night times as all the time the light is blinding the eyes.

Why can't they ride by placing the feet under the brake pedal and lift when necessary? Quoting a famous quote " How hard can it be?!"
It's not actually the rider's fault. In most of the bikes the brake switch is actuated through a small spring attached to the lever holding the brake pedal. This spring often fails to return the switch to the off position even after lifting the foot off the brake. Now you know why you see many bikes going at 80kmph and still having the brake light on.

Most Viewed