Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2012, 13:57   #3586
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseldunk View Post
The Battery is filled with electrolytes which are liquid and they connect the terminals for power supply. If the bike is on a tilt then the lead terminals will dry up due to uneven levels of the electrolytes. Prolonged side stand parking should be avoided at any cost.

Engine oil is also of the same phenomena but the difference is that it is slightly more viscous than the battery fluid and is pumped during running (hence can withstand some abuse)

Cheers
Prasad

PS: Phew! that seems to be too much data in what i typed.
I know this all mate but what I want to know is that why the Yamaha R15 is not equipped with center stand?

Last edited by bluevolt : 28th February 2012 at 13:59.
Old 28th February 2012, 18:13   #3587
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday midnight I was driving from Alleppy to Kochi and saw a piece of very bad driving by a youngster in a Lancer sporting MH plates.
I was at a sedate 80/85Kmph in the Chertalla-Ernakulam 4 lane section when I noticed a car in the left lane after all vehicles slowed down for another car which was crossing across. He was following me on the left lane at some distance down and I lost that car after I overtook a KSRTC Express. Only to see him coming, after a few minutes, coming at a higher speed and honking continuously. A container trailer was ahead of me in the left lane and as I thought that he wanted to cut across overtaking the Trailer, I slowed down and this guy at around 100Kmph was speeding straight to this trailer and I for a second thought that he would crash into the trailer. But he got saved by the skin of his teeth as he swerved to the right at the very last moment. He drastically reduced his speed thenceforth and appeared scared immensely.
Then I switched to the left lane and was following him leaving ample space in between because what he was up to was not known. He later on started driving all over the lanes for a while and was even on the extreme left away from tarmac and zig-zagging. He then went to the right lane and all but hit a Wagon R.
Finally I was cautious and wary of this car as I went into the toll plaza. I allowed him to be in the lead fearing a rear ending by this baddie.
At the red signal near Le Meridian Hotel, the co-driver came out and went behind the wheel after the bad driver came out chatting on the mobile. What caused all these is still not clear, inebriated condition, fatigue, half sleep or live on mobile phone. One thing was quite clear; a very bad driver indeed.
Some photos not quite clear though. The driver can be seen partly in the last snap.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-27022012959.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-27022012960.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-27022012961.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-27022012962.jpg  

Old 29th February 2012, 21:37   #3588
BHPian

Thought educated folks would be better, alas not ! A few mins of observation near the Bellandur junction would reveal how egoistic and unskilled the drivers are - sometimes worse than the sumo and indicabs and the tipper trucks ! Everyone wants to squeeze in the gap, regardless of the size of the car, have not seen anyone flashing indicator for anything, seat belts are meant for others not me attitude, honking god knows for what and a minor accident is enough to block the road for two three kms.

Today morning, saw a brand new Vento driven by a techie (egoistic) along with another sumo cab of (again egoistic and had employees of my company) racing against each other in the messy traffic and hits sideways, Vento loses his front bumper, headlight+fender. Sametime an estilo (the typical tail gating driver) crash lands on the Sumo and the mess adds up. Looks they all know people from the level of inspector to the PM and was screaming at each other yelling who could do what I wish i could take a video !

OT - Its so easy to get a license to kill,err drive in India !

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 29th February 2012 at 21:38. Reason: small edit
sunishsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2012, 00:47   #3589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Yesterday midnight I was driving from Alleppy to Kochi and saw a piece of very bad driving by a youngster in a Lancer sporting MH plates..
That stretch of 4-laned highway is one of the most law-less area of roads. People who are frustrated of driving on the two-laned roads on either side of the toll road end up doing all sorts of antics. Especially those driving MUVs, and fast cars. The one you saw was just one among the many who drive like that.

For me, the rule is simple - stay out of their sight. On most occassions, I've been able to smoke these morons - not because I drive a super car, but because I plan my overtakes and lane changes. Invariably, all these impatient, unruly kind end up tailing some slow-moving truck or a local bus (which always stays on the left lane - a really good and much appreciated move by the bus drivers). If I can't flee the place like that, I let them have their fate by giving way at the next opportunity.
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2012, 23:33   #3590
Senior - BHPian

Saw this Qualis on the left lane and wanting to turn right at the intersection. A scene from Calicut bypass road.
The Mahindra Nissan LCV on the right lane was on its way straight.
Then, if you thought that the couple in the bike is rule abiding you are wrong. They too wanted to turn right and they and the Mahindra crossed swords first followed by the Qualis.
A bunch of bad drivers.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-bad1.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-bad2.jpg  

Old 1st March 2012, 23:53   #3591
Senior - BHPian

i wonder what that extra space is for. maybe a invisible side-car?

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-photo-feb-29-5-26-38-pm.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-photo-feb-29-5-27-16-pm.jpg
Old 2nd March 2012, 00:21   #3592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
My green Ninja 650 is parked next to the Zen. Can't you see it? Obviously not, it is a very special bike, can only be seen by a chosen few

The emperor has new clothes.
KiloAlpha is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2012, 09:34   #3593
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 895867

Attachment 895868
Look at the alto and fiesta...Parked on what looks like a 2-wheeler parking area...
Old 2nd March 2012, 10:35   #3594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha

My green Ninja 650 is parked next to the Zen. Can't you see it? Obviously not, it is a very special bike, can only be seen by a chosen few

The emperor has new clothes.
Aha! Then you're to blame. You parked your bike in a parking area for cars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand
Look at the alto and fiesta...Parked on what looks like a 2-wheeler parking area...
That lane is for parking cars. They might have had plans to make that a two wheeler parking earlier perhaps.

Last edited by IronH4WK : 2nd March 2012 at 10:40.
Old 2nd March 2012, 23:22   #3595
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday spotted these plenty of two wheeler jokers opposite D mart Malad Link Road. They had parked exactly opposit to the Main Gate and footpath. There was a board saying NO PARKING IN FRONT OF THE GATE. Forget the board it is a common traffic rule not to park at that place .I feel that most of the rules are voilated by these new owners of m/bikes., with almost nil traffic sense. It is a regular to see them overtaking from (wrong side) the left side.
Second photo is of a very money minded plumber who carried drain pipes on his pillion rider of his M/cycle and saved money,but risked his and the pillion rider's life.
Third one is about may be a very highly educated guy or a STUPID who came in his car with his wife and parked it about 6' away from the edge,when I told him about his mistake he said "I will come back in ten mint Boss".Nothing will happen during that time.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-gg-057.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-gg-065.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-gg-058.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-gg-059.jpg  

Last edited by IQBAL VEERJI : 2nd March 2012 at 23:24.
Old 2nd March 2012, 23:56   #3596
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Third one is about may be a very highly educated guy or a STUPID who came in his car with his wife and parked it about 6' away from the edge,when I told him about his mistake he said "I will come back in ten mint Boss".Nothing will happen during that time.
I've always stressed on one thing.

The best way to spot the bad driver is to find a shabbily parked car. A driver who is sloppy at parking is most certainly sloppy behind the wheel - on the road, and vice versa.
Old 5th March 2012, 16:59   #3597
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 895867

Attachment 895868

Is this the driveway in EGL (Embassy Golf Link Park)?

I go there occasionally and find the traffic sense of people pretty disciplined, though there could be other reasons for that. If this indeed is EGL, then it is surprising to see people park this way!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I've always stressed on one thing.

The best way to spot the bad driver is to find a shabbily parked car. A driver who is sloppy at parking is most certainly sloppy behind the wheel - on the road, and vice versa.
I would not claim to be a good driver (though I try to follow as many traffic rules as possible) given that I recently started driving. But I really find it hard to park between two cars that are parked parallel to the road and sometimes end up looking like a negligent driver. But maybe you meant people who park carelessly even when they are skilled enough to be able to do that properly. So next time you see a Red WagonR parked weird, please discount me from the list of bad drivers .
Old 5th March 2012, 17:28   #3598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhrupadh View Post
Is this the driveway in EGL (Embassy Golf Link Park)?

I go there occasionally and find the traffic sense of people pretty disciplined, though there could be other reasons for that. If this indeed is EGL, then it is surprising to see people park this way!!
nope; sadly that's the HP EC2 parking. one would think people working in such prestigious companies would have at least some commonsensical understanding of riding/driving. i've been proved wrong every single day i go to office
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2012, 17:48   #3599
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhrupadh View Post
I would not claim to be a good driver (though I try to follow as many traffic rules as possible) given that I recently started driving. But I really find it hard to park between two cars that are parked parallel to the road and sometimes end up looking like a negligent driver. But maybe you meant people who park carelessly even when they are skilled enough to be able to do that properly. So next time you see a Red WagonR parked weird, please discount me from the list of bad drivers .
That's exactly what I meant.

Thing is, I would understand if you're a newbie at parking as nearly every time, a newbie will struggle to park for the first few weeks/months. But there are people who park 'wrongly' for example at the apex of the corner. And there are some people who just drive into a parallel-parking slot and leave the tail hanging out.

And then you've got people who park in such a way that it hampers the smooth flow of traffic. Perhaps they don't do it intentionally. But if they drive the way they park, it just reflects their quality of driving on the whole. One word: 'inconsiderate'.
Old 5th March 2012, 19:00   #3600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
That stretch of 4-laned highway is one of the most law-less area of roads. People who are frustrated of driving on the two-laned roads on either side of the toll road end up doing all sorts of antics. Especially those driving MUVs, and fast cars. The one you saw was just one among the many who drive like that.
you hit the nail right on the head!

the frustration of driving on two lane highways all the way from Trivandrum up to Cherthala is just nuts. and seeing the small bit of 4 lane goodness one does tend to try and make up time. but i've always maintained speed need not always be rashly done which is what the issue is. trying to find gaps where there are none and needlessly honking away to glory.

which is why i drive from kochi-tvm either early morning or late night or i get onto MC road after Alappuzha which is any day better than NH.

For non residents, the distance between Kochi and Trivandrum is about 210KMs. Not much right? But if i leave from Kochi at say 3PM then i would be reaching Trivandrum only by 0730PM or 0800PM. Yes it's that bad.

Same stretch of road, i leave at 0930PM from Kochi i end up reaching Trivandrum at 12AM. Faster, with less tension and frustration.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks