Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2012, 21:44   #3736
Team-BHP Support

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Here is an imbecile on a two-wheeler, trying something cute, right underneath the Ulsoor Metro Station.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-22032012156.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-22032012157.jpg

The problem lies in the small roads that merge with this large one, on either side. So while you're doing a casual 50 km/h, don't be surprised to find two-wheelers, cyclists, autorickshaws darting across the road. I've witnessed several accidents on this road, and it's scary.

And when the traffic piles up, people from the side roads simply cannot wait for it to clear, and they will try and squeeze through the small gaps between cars and other vehicles.

And if you don't move for them, they get aggressive and violent.
Old 4th April 2012, 23:49   #3737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururaj r View Post
I would be thankful if members could enlighten on these line on either side of the bridge.
Not you, probably that taxi driver needs to be enlightened. Very true that the solid line means you could not cut the lane from that space. Unfortunately, in India most are ignorant and the rest don't respect that fact.
Old 5th April 2012, 07:04   #3738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarooppatil View Post
Not you, probably that taxi driver needs to be enlightened. Very true that the solid line means you could not cut the lane from that space. Unfortunately, in India most are ignorant and the rest don't respect that fact.
Just a thought: whether the person who painted the road was ignorant about the rules of traffic and/or the traffic police attention has to be brought to this fact of erreneous line.
Old 5th April 2012, 08:30   #3739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh1979 View Post
Oh no! I was talking only about the earlier post by Anoop only and no reference to the incident or persons you described.
Initially itself I thought that there was some mixup, no problem buddy
But yeah, many people have big time problem in parking within the confines of the parking lot. One more thing what I've noticed is that in India, in most of the Malls and other places, they keep the size of the parking lot to a minimum. People who have parked their car in the Fortis hospital MLCP would know what I mean. Your car will fit in to the space, but there is very little space to open the door and get out of your car.
A350XWB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2012, 10:17   #3740
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Here is an imbecile on a two-wheeler, trying something cute, right underneath the Ulsoor Metro Station.

I think we should make a small documentary of the antics that some of these two wheeler folks do on the road (dont judge me, not all are bad ) It would be a very funny & amussing documentary
Old 5th April 2012, 11:27   #3741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururaj r View Post
Just a thought: whether the person who painted the road was ignorant about the rules of traffic and/or the traffic police attention has to be brought to this fact of erreneous line.
I don't think that the person painting the lines was wrong, as he follows only the instructions and those instructing him should be well aware of the rules and the intended traffic flow. As for the traffic police, I hope they are aware of the rules, and secondly even if they are, I doubt if they have the inclination to go and address this issue. Else you would not have people from the left most lanes squeezing onto the same Vakola flyover (and every other flyover for that matter) and causing the normally moving vehicles in the correct lanes to slow down causing a traffic situation.
Old 5th April 2012, 19:17   #3742
BHPian

Other than the option of running over the idiots on the roads in all kinds of vehicles with a tank and taking out with the cannon all the idiots standing anywhere on the roads to catch a bus, there will never be respite from the chaos on Indian roads.... Sad but true.
haldar_siliguri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2012, 17:11   #3743
Senior - BHPian

It is not that he did not have space to park and did this! There was enough space next to Spark but he decided to park this way. Had to wait for 15-20 min to take my car out
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img703.jpg  

Old 6th April 2012, 22:11   #3744
Senior - BHPian

I can post least two photos a day as I take exit 10 on NH 8 towards Rajiv Chowk.
Slow moving traffic is a green pass for rickshaws, two wheelers, dreaded three wheelers (who let them lose on NH8).

Bad infrastructure planning is all it takes for makings a Mr. Hyde out of Dr. Jekyll. Every cm is protected and if stares could kill, we all would be dead by now.

NHAI should work out with HUDA or Municipality of Gurgaon to make road from Medicity/Devi Lal stadium a one way and the traffic will move uninterrupted. The issues come when there is a fast moving vehicle doing 80kmph from NH8 converges a traffic that can afford a mere 5kmph. The result is Mr. Hyde come out shouting and a bad driver is born, the mood changes for all and the policemen manning the traffic can do nothing.

Movement towards Hero Honda Chowk ( JV is no more but the crossing has been immortalized) is even worse, with no marking the traffic snakes it way between fast moving traffic that goes head banging. End of the day, I request people to stay sane no matter if you are late, adds
Life to your existence. Thanks!
Old 6th April 2012, 23:22   #3745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
It is not that he did not have space to park and did this! There was enough space next to Spark but he decided to park this way. Had to wait for 15-20 min to take my car out
Some people probably do this purposefully it seems. The other day I experienced a person with a Scorpio who had parked in a similar fashion behind my car. Worst still, he was sitting in the car at the wheel, but as soon as I sat in the car and started the engine, he did what was least expected. I was waiting for him to reverse a bit to allow me to come out, but he got down from the car and dashed off to the nearby ATM. Had to wait till he returned but I left only after giving him a earful in a very polite way.
Old 6th April 2012, 23:27   #3746
Senior - BHPian

Re: Team-BHP STICKERS are HERE! Post sightings & pics of them on your car...

Silver Palio Stile . KA -8326

Stickers on the front side panel.

Poorly maintained car . Driven by an idiot .Cutting across traffic , blocking traffic and very rash .

Whoever you are ..better learn to drive properly.

Where: Near Kundanhalli junction around 10 am IST .

Thought will talk some sense into you ,but then decided against spoiling my day talking to you
Old 7th April 2012, 01:28   #3747
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
Silver Palio Stile . KA -8326

Thought will talk some sense into you ,but then decided against spoiling my day talking to you
Speedy,don't bother mentioning such people here; they don't deserve even that. Make a mention of them in the bad drivers thread instead.
Old 9th April 2012, 12:17   #3748
BHPian

This happened yesterday afternoon at malad link road at the inorbit mall signal. I had just fitted new jbl speakers in my car and was enjoying the music
As the signal turned red, I stopped my black Spark in the middle lane as I had to go straight. On my right there was a silver Innova who had to turn right and on my left was a red Scorpio who had to go straight.
As soon as the signal turned green, the scorpio and me both started going straight and all of a sudden this stupid Karizma rider comes all the way from the left and goes to the right! I hadn't even noticed him earlier because of the Scorpio. I had to slam the brakes to avoid banging into him.
And guess what, when I honked loudly 3-4 times, his wife or girlfriend who was riding pillion looked back at me and gave an angry look
and the stupid rider wasn't even wearing a helmet.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-stupid.jpg  

Old 9th April 2012, 12:21   #3749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
This happened yesterday afternoon at malad link road at the inorbit mall signal. I had just fitted new jbl speakers in my car and was enjoying the music

And guess what, when I honked loudly 3-4 times, his wife or girlfriend who was riding pillion looked back at me and gave an angry look
and the stupid rider wasn't even wearing a helmet.
And by mistake, if you knock this biker down, all sympathies will be with the biker & you will even have to end up paying him for the damages to his bike.
Old 9th April 2012, 12:53   #3750
Senior - BHPian

@Strangewizard,

Maybe the biker had the last minute change of mind to move in a completely different direction. Have faced such kind of morons almost on daily basis..

I guess many have read in the newspapers of the BEST double decker bus which toppled due to some rash driving by the driver and the penalty of such driving was paid by a biker who got crushed under the bus. And all BEST did was to suspend the driver.

Biker crushed under toppled double-decker

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks