Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2012, 18:38   #3781
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Hi, just yesterday I happened to see two WORLD'S BIGGEST Idiots or maybe the bad drivers in this world.They both came in different cars and parked their cars in the manner ,blocking my car ,..pls see the picture.All I could do was wait for these so called educated guys to return.Now I am asking our Team Bhpians what I should have done in this situation.........
These guys just removed their cars and drove away w/o appology. I came to know that these guys have got offices in the same block, I told the security man to put these owners in the monkey's cage at RANI BAUG.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-f-057.jpg  

Last edited by IQBAL VEERJI : 15th April 2012 at 18:40.
IQBAL VEERJI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2012, 21:26   #3782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Hi, just yesterday I happened to see two WORLD'S BIGGEST Idiots or maybe the bad drivers in this world.They both came in different cars and parked their cars in the manner ,blocking my car ,..pls see the picture.....
I for one analyse the parking spaces before putting in my car in such situations. If i'm the one who is first in putting the car, I would certainly park at a space after which I can remove it with minimal difficulties(also helps if you put car backwards in, nose out) and where if someone obstructs, he would hamper everyone.

Agree that may not always be the case but in your case I would have parked in the place of Indica(but have to analyse as cant make out the area just by one view)
Could have written a nicely worded note and stuck on the windshield telling them the fiasco they have created for you

Last edited by khan_sultan : 9th February 2019 at 08:36. Reason: edited quoted post for better readability
Old 15th April 2012, 21:30   #3783
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_m View Post
....Agree that may not always be the case but in your case I would have parked in the place of Indica(but have to analyse as cant make out the area just by one view)...
Dear sir, the whole compound of about more then 10000 sq ft was empty. These jokers parked their cars in this manner next to mine..

Last edited by khan_sultan : 9th February 2019 at 08:36. Reason: edited quoted post for better readability
Old 15th April 2012, 21:36   #3784
BHPian

Quote:
Dear sir, the whole compound of about more then 10000 sq ft was empty. These jokers parked their cars in this manner next to mine..
Talk about bad luck or some case of people ganging up on you!
You sure you do not know these guys, who you might have offended somehow?
I would also give a strong firing to the security/parking guy. If the parking lot was empty he too should have not let the guys park it in this manner.
Old 15th April 2012, 22:18   #3785
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, just yesterday I happened to see two WORLD'S BIGGEST Idiots or maybe the bad drivers in this world.They both came in different cars and parked their cars in the manner ,blocking my car ,..pls see the picture.....
They definitely are what you've just now told them. But you too are at fault by parking your car like that. Instead of parking parallel to wall, you could have parked at an angle so that, you can easily drive out. As per the photo, that way, more cars can be parked without much difficulty.

In my opinion, bad drivers are not difficult to locate. They are omnipresent.
1. They honk for nothing.
2. In case of a traffic jams, they'll block the oncoming traffic, making situation worse.
3. They don't know the use of high beam or low beam during night.
4. Change lanes without any indication.
5. Like in Veerji's case, they blindly park there car, without considering others.
6. Drivers who are in hurry for nothing. They use dipper and honk desperately to get ahead of you. Later you find them relaxing after a km.

There are many more. Not difficult to find them.

Old 15th April 2012, 23:28   #3786
BHPian

A similar situation happened to me once where I had parked my Safari such that I had got the last spot in the parking space with a wall on the right and a car on the left on a very busy road behind and shops infront. I went shopping with my family and when I returned there was a Civic parked right behind my car. I thought maybe the owner just went into one of the shops to buy something but couldn't find anyone when I went to search.

Fortunately the owner of the car next to mine returned by the time I went to search So I managed somehow to reverse the Safari from that tight spot without any mishap but before leaving the place left a note on the civic's windshield "Sorry for the dent and the scratch,park properly next time" Wanted to see the face of the owner after he read the note but had to leave to go home.

In an incident like what Iqbal Veerji had to go through,can we get the cops to tow the vehicle if we cant find the owner, thoughts on this bhpians?

Last edited by khan_sultan : 9th February 2019 at 08:37. Reason: edited post for better readability
richie4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2012, 22:20   #3787
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted this driver going the wrong way on MG road. I had parked my car and notice the heavy traffic moving just inches from my car. Still this guy was determined to take the wrong route just to save time by going all the way to take the U turn. This guy had hard time and took him sometime to reach the other. I rolled my windows and told him that you could have taken the normal route since he wasted so much time trying to go the wrong way.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img01323201204171709.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img01324201204171709.jpg  

Old 18th April 2012, 13:49   #3788
BHPian

Spotted this Honda City (ANHC) near Mahadevpura (Bangalore ORR) this morning, had TBHP stickers on it, with left OVRM folded, driving through the traffic like a maniac, with people crossing the road, it was pretty dangerous and all the other drivers just braked and gave him way, probably because they wanted to get rid of him..... I was so tempted to stop him and snatch off the TBHP stickers from his car.

Would not post his Car number here, as it would spark off another fire, and I dont have any sufficient proofs to prove that he was driving recklessly and rash.....

Makes me think again, "with great power comes great responsibility" you cannot drive this way with a TBHP sticker on your car....

Last edited by evilshantanu : 18th April 2012 at 13:50.
evilshantanu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2012, 15:22   #3789
BHPian

Once I spotted a similar scenario, the only difference in this case was that the driver was rushing to the Emergency Rescue. Many were not letting him through, taking him for an insane driver. Its only when he pointed to his bleeding son did all give way. What can one do in such a situation instead of loosing valuable time explaining? I think there is no way. :(
Old 18th April 2012, 20:15   #3790
Distinguished - BHPian

Ok, in some roads it's hard to spot the "No Parking" sign. But what happened here? Bike is in question here, Ritz wasnt parked. Was held up in a block thanks to many other guys who managed to park their bikes in this narrow road.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img01325201204181711.jpg  

Old 18th April 2012, 20:50   #3791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
I was so tempted to stop him and snatch off the TBHP stickers from his car.
Last Sunday, there was one white polo, with atleast three T-BHP stickers on it on the Coimbatore bypass. This guy was driving outright rash - overtaking from every possible side. This guy tried overtaking me, when there was a truck approaching on the opposite direction, and I was just near the last toll gate on Coimbatore bypass (towards Salem - the toll gate at Neelambur). This guy did not want to drive behind and he just tried pushing me off the road by cutting sharp to the left.

There was a bike ahead of me - hard to literally stand on the brakes to get my car stop. I got hold of the car guy at the toll gate, and gave him an earful for the kind of driving - looks like its time we had restrictions on giving away T-BHP stickers - such drivers would only spoil the name of the website.

Have a photo of this car - not posting here to protect the "good" drivers' identity.
Old 18th April 2012, 22:30   #3792
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks
Have a photo of this car - not posting here to protect the "good" drivers' identity.
I would advise you to put the picture up here. There is no place else for morons like these!
IronH4WK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2012, 16:05   #3793
Zed
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I came across this video on facebook! Since it is in Malayalam, I can give a hint of what is shown in the video.

The little girl is appreciated of her talent to ride bike in the busy roads and the narrator goes all the way to applaud the girl saying she is ONLY 10 years old and still capable of this!
Unbelievable! What a dangerous (and illegal) feat this is. Apart from the obvious fact that the under aged rider is on public roads (highway for gods sake!), what was the necessity to have another young person riding pillion, behind the demented adult, with none of them wearing protective gear of any kind ? This ought to be forwarded to the relevant traffic authorities and the idiots that were responsible for filming and distributing this clip need to be coached that there is no merit in applauding an act which is downright illegal.
Old 19th April 2012, 18:17   #3794
BHPian

I love 'em drivers who take the phrase "bumper to bumper traffic" too seriously and firmly believe in implementing it at each available opportunity.

Last evening on the way home, the traffic was crawling at a snail's pace at usual at the NFC traffic signal. A UP78 registered brown Innova used to brake his vehicle AFTER its bumper had hit my car's bumper EACH TIME the traffic inched forward.

When it happened for the 5th time in a row, I decided to have a word with the driver. But seeing more than 7 goon-like guys in the Innova, I refrained from doing so and changed lanes at the first available opportunity.

My car now bears the first set of nasty scratches on the rear bumper. Very painful indeed.
Old 19th April 2012, 19:07   #3795
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
I love 'em drivers who take the phrase "bumper to bumper traffic" too seriously and firmly believe in implementing it at each available opportunity.

Last evening on the way home, the traffic was crawling at a snail's pace at usual at the NFC traffic signal. A UP78 registered brown Innova used to brake his vehicle AFTER its bumper had hit my car's bumper EACH TIME the traffic inched forward.

When it happened for the 5th time in a row, I decided to have a word with the driver. But seeing more than 7 goon-like guys in the Innova, I refrained from doing so and changed lanes at the first available opportunity.

My car now bears the first set of nasty scratches on the rear bumper. Very painful indeed.
On the Fiesta? Good God, that's horrible.

Looks like we end up looking like fools, after investing in parking-sensors/reversing-camera worth 10-20k, when it can be prone to getting smashed like this. Meant to prevent bumps and dents but it happens anyway. *bangs head*

================================================== ================================================

So here are a few pictures I'd taken over the weekend.

Some real bad drivers here. Not because they were driving badly (the driver of the goods-rickshaw was, though) but because of their vehicles. Now let me get to it..

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-14042012172.jpg

First, the garbage truck. I spotted this fellow on 100ft Road, Indiranagar, on Sunday. I think the picture should convey enough.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-14042012173.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-14042012174.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------

And then there was this genius. There are several others, but this guy was just pushing it, literally. Not only was he carrying some dangerous metal rods that were hanging out the back, he was driving in a very rash and dangerous manner.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-13042012170.jpg

These metal pipes could have taken out some inattentive two-wheelers, the way he kept swerving from one lane to the other. And to top it off, it didn't look like it was harnessed properly. Imagine having that piercing through your windshield Needless to say, I stayed away from him.

These guys don't care about the safety of other road users. And that automatically makes them horrible drivers.

I know, they were probably instructed to do so, but every human-being is blessed with a brain. These guys obviously left it behind. Somewhere.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 20th April 2012 at 00:49. Reason: Adding pictures and text. Avoiding consecutive posts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks