Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2012, 21:58   #3841
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 16th May 2012 at 16:04.
gauravdgr8 is online now   Received Infraction
Old 5th May 2012, 23:54   #3842
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
When a biker do not have any vehicle in front of him and is cruising normally he should not be to the extreme right of thee lane ans close to the line, especially in two lane roads. By this mode he would be blocking traffic from behind as well from the opposite direction.
The following pictures indicate the wrong doings of a very bad rider. Very bad because he is also talking on the mobile and switches position within the lane blocking trailing traffic.
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-wrong.jpg
Bikers should stick to the trajectory as in the snap below if there is no traffic in front and is on lower speeds.
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-right.jpg

Last edited by rajeev k : 5th May 2012 at 23:57.
Old 6th May 2012, 19:23   #3843
Senior - BHPian

Saw this idiot pipe fabricator at a petrol pump.He said he is going to a village about 70 kms,and he is OK in driving in this position.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-u-057.jpg  

Old 7th May 2012, 00:46   #3844
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Saw this idiot pipe fabricator at a petrol pump.He said he is going to a village about 70 kms,and he is OK in driving in this position.
He probably feels even safer with those pipes around him, providing him with a roll-cage-like feel.

What he doesn't know is that those pipes could be just as dangerous if, God-forbid, he happens to fall awkwardly.

I've realized that some people just don't seem to care about their own lives. forget the other road users.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 06:11   #3845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
He probably feels even safer with those pipes around him, providing him with a roll-cage-like feel.

What he doesn't know is that those pipes could be just as dangerous if, God-forbid, he happens to fall awkwardly.

I've realized that some people just don't seem to care about their own lives. forget the other road users.
I'd say this is a bit harsh. The line between safety and survival is defined by desperation for many. What do you think is this poor man's choice between safety and survival, assuming he is doing this for his daily livelihood ? If he is to go by the worldly norms of 'safety', his survival (daily wages/livelihood) is in danger.
Also, that he has strapped a bunch of things to that little M-80 may not mean he is an idiot on the road. I have seen bigger, more ignorant and utterly inconsiderate idiots roam the roads in their BMWs and Land Rovers.
NinadJoshi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 12:27   #3846
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinadJoshi View Post
I'd say this is a bit harsh. The line between safety and survival is defined by desperation for many. What do you think is this poor man's choice between safety and survival, assuming he is doing this for his daily livelihood ? If he is to go by the worldly norms of 'safety', his survival (daily wages/livelihood) is in danger.
You have a point, Sir.

But what you're saying is that his act of desperation to earn money while putting his life on the line is justified? Well, safety will ensure survival! It just goes to show that he puts daily-wages/livelihood ahead of his own safety.

Let's assume he has a family to feed. He has to make ends meet. Does that mean he's allowed to ride like this with dangerous pipes all around him just so that he can earn his money? Just think about it. If something happens to him, something untoward, he will not be able to support his family anymore.

So don't you think safety must be given priority here?

If he prioritizes wage over his life, he is just being stupid. God forbid something does happen to him, he won't be around to earn the wage anymore! But if he practices safety, he can live to fight another day and earn his wage for him and his family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinadJoshi View Post
Also, that he has strapped a bunch of things to that little M-80 may not mean he is an idiot on the road. I have seen bigger, more ignorant and utterly inconsiderate idiots roam the roads in their BMWs and Land Rovers.
If there is one thing I've learnt, everyone is an idiot on the road. Whether they're in a BMW or on a Luna.

This man, IMO, has a choice. I'm sure he can transport this via a truck. But he probably doesn't have the financial backing to hire a truck. So he takes the short-cut. The easy way out. He carries it on his highly unstable two-wheeler and rides it through treacherous roads full of obstacles. Not only putting his own life in danger, but others' lives as well.
Old 8th May 2012, 15:30   #3847
BHPian

Re: Accidents in India - PICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
even if they aren't going particularly fast, a child in that position would be seriously injured, possibly killed.

One time in Mysore ... his kids aged about 6 and 2 clambered into the front seats. The elder daughter sat on her mom's lap while the boy happily made himself comfortable between the steering wheel and his Dad.

Why don't these people use their brain and think for a second as to how dangerous it would be for that kid just in case some vehicle bangs his vehicle from behind.

Man common sense is definitely not common after all.

Quoting Thad's signature from some time back, we definitely need "driver development" rather than "road development" !!
Old 9th May 2012, 00:54   #3848
Senior - BHPian

Came across this scene last Monday at Kottarakkara in Kollam district. See the two jeeps and the Autorikshaw blocking roads preventing vehicles coming after the signal turned Green.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-bad-kotta.jpg  

Old 9th May 2012, 09:12   #3849
Distinguished - BHPian

Traffic in suburban Mumbai has gone to the dogs. When I was growing up in these parts we would take pride in the fact that we educated city folks drove better than our brethren from the hinterland but now there seems to be some perverse pride in being boorish, inconsiderate and on the wrong side of the law.

Yesterday at the Bangur Nagar junction in Goregaon I was taking a legitimate left turn at the green signal and almost got rammed by a Honda City speeding across a red light. My whole family was in the car and for one horrifying instant I thought...this is it. The strange thing is...no apology or even a slow down from the errant driver. We caught up with her down the road and she was cheerfully chatting away on her mobile oblivious to the near-tragedy she had precipitated.

My parents tell me that the Bangur Nagar signal is rarely obeyed any more. A number if accidents take place there daily...my own sister has been involved in two of them as a backseat passenger in autorickshaws. There is just complete apathy. The cops who are glad to pocket a twenty or fifty every time you transgress are conspicuous by their absence. It is really tragic and an indicator of how venal we have become as a society.
noopster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th May 2012, 12:08   #3850
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Traffic in suburban Mumbai has gone to the dogs. When I was growing up in these parts we would take pride in the fact that we educated city folks drove better than our brethren from the hinterland but now there seems to be some perverse pride in being boorish, inconsiderate and on the wrong side of the law.
It is really tragic and an indicator of how venal we have become as a society.
Totally agree. Earlier I used to take pride in showing to my friends and relatives (from other cities) how well mannered Mumbaikars are when it comes to road manners.

Now I have been embarrassed many times when they see our roads and traffic rules! I love MUMBAI and I hate to see it going this way...
Old 10th May 2012, 17:36   #3851
Senior - BHPian

they just love to play chicken, don't they?!
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_6253.jpg
Old 10th May 2012, 17:50   #3852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK
How do you handle such nuisance? I keep driving in the same lane till they chicken out. But if Ive an out of state number Id rather not do that.
Time and again, how do you always manage to get clear pics? !
Old 10th May 2012, 18:07   #3853
BHPian

Inconsiderate fellow.
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20120510_145625.jpg
This is famous chocked Begur main-road. Where there is hardly two vehicles cross! This guys parks his vehicle in no parking area (very nearer to Bus Stop) and goes away! Its a different thing that he has non-standard number plate.
Old 10th May 2012, 20:26   #3854
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Totally agree. Earlier I used to take pride in showing to my friends and relatives (from other cities) how well mannered Mumbaikars are when it comes to road manners.

Now I have been embarrassed many times when they see our roads and traffic rules! I love MUMBAI and I hate to see it going this way...
We must blame this traffic manners of motorists to the banks who give away loans so easily that these younsters dont respect the facility.These bikers who are totally ignorant about the rules to be followed. Their episode start with the corrupt RTO giving away M.D.L.to them like icecream sticks, these guys say among themselves that if someone knows how to ride a cycle can ride a bike.They get M.D.L. by giving a small or maybe no test on road,as everything is handled by agents.
Then comes the salaries these youngsters get at call centers,it is fantastic.In fact they dont need a bank loan as they can pay off the cost of a moderate bike with one months wage.
Then comes the working hrs of these guys,with a bag on their back they seems to rush at any cost to their work place by cutting lanes,jumping signals,breaking the O.R.V.mirrors of cars waiting at a red light,when they overtake from left side and disappear without looking at what damage they did.
Many get killed due to rash driving,ignorant driving,no traffic manners.
Then these plastic bikes (I call them plastic bikes as we Bullet guys call them so) however modest they may be they are quick and thats what these jokers like. According to them the bike with fast pickup is best.

Last edited by IQBAL VEERJI : 10th May 2012 at 20:30.
IQBAL VEERJI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2012, 20:55   #3855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Attachment 925621
Is it kalyan nagar? I had a lot of similar experiance around this road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks