Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2012, 13:16   #4306
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post

Came across this vento, parked near my building, again the market area. All other is I guess self explanatory.

Note: The traffic police is regularly positioned just opposite side of the road where the vento has been parked.

How can someone even think of parking like that ? I assume that lady is a traffic cop, and she seems more confused.

These are those guys, who need a deflation of tyre and inflation in brain
Old 22nd August 2012, 18:26   #4307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
The drivers in the area I live have been highly inspired by the posts in this thread. There seems to be a competition to feature in this thread.

Came across this vento, parked near my building, again the market area. All other is I guess self explanatory.

This guy has parked in almost the center of the road. As seen in the pic, the bus has no place to go and has jammed up traffic behind it. The traffic police in our area does not do anything. Have many a times requested them to call the towing van, but all in vain.
Did not wait there for the vento driver to arrive as it would take some time, as is the case with these careless drivers.

Bus has no place to go? since when did BEST stop "bumping" into vehicles? or is it that they bump into only moving vehicles and not parked ones?
Old 22nd August 2012, 19:15   #4308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
I find it really difficult to comprehend how can someone park like this. I am shocked to say the least. I am sure the excuse would be i just went to that shop for 2 minutes to pick up something. Now 2 minutes translates anywhere between 10-15 mins.
That is what happens regularly in our area. The main excuse that people give is that they had just been on the opposite side of the road in a shop. Have stated this in an earlier post where a person had who parked in front of my gate gave me the same excuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post

How can someone even think of parking like that ? I assume that lady is a traffic cop, and she seems more confused.

These are those guys, who need a deflation of tyre and inflation in brain
Yes, that lady is a traffic cop and is regularly positioned at the junction. All she does is sits and has tea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-nav View Post
Bus has no place to go? since when did BEST stop "bumping" into vehicles? or is it that they bump into only moving vehicles and not parked ones?
Seems, that they bump only into vehicles that drive sensibly!
If you want to save your vehicle from a bump, Park your vehicle in the middle of the road.
Old 22nd August 2012, 19:21   #4309
Senior - BHPian

My friend forwarded me the following links of lady scooterist misbehaving with Traffic Police in Indore, MP:

woman missbehave with police -

Unfortunately are for these so called independent middle class ladies.
Old 23rd August 2012, 09:23   #4310
Senior - BHPian

Mad driver parked the Innova in such a way that he completely blocked the service road for all 4 wheelers. And the school van thinks it can go off-roading with kids inside on the bicycle track cum footpath just to avoid the traffic jam. Photo taken outside my office building - Pune-Satara Road.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-photo0109.jpg
Old 23rd August 2012, 10:49   #4311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Mad driver parked the Innova in such a way that he completely blocked the service road for all 4 wheelers. And the school van thinks it can go off-roading with kids inside on the bicycle track cum footpath just to avoid the traffic jam. Photo taken outside my office building - Pune-Satara Road.
I have seen one instance of instant justice. In my small town (Jharkhand) there was a similar nutcase who had parked the car in a small two way lane, causing traffic to move at snail pace as to and fro traffic had to pass alternately. I was packing sweets at a nearby shop.

A few bike borne youths (more like jobless blokes) stopped by when passing, took a sharp stone and etched "No Parking" on the sides and back!
It was a bittersweet experience as such brainless people need such a shock to get some sense knocked into their heads, but the poor car suffers for that.

On a sadistic note even the Innova and White Polo parked in the middle of the road should have met the same fate.
Old 23rd August 2012, 10:58   #4312
BHPian

Quote:
Interesting to note the number of the Innova there.. I think he stretched the concept of freedom a bit too far.
Old 23rd August 2012, 11:43   #4313
Senior - BHPian

Hi Bigzero, I didn't notice the number !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigzero View Post
Interesting to note the number of the Innova there.. I think he stretched the concept of freedom a bit too far.
Here's another classic example of local small time politico... The vintage van reminded me of the run down puc certificate vehicles. This van was already violating a lot of traffic rules; must be >15 years old, smoking badly, tinted glasses, rusted and already falling apart. This has become a crazy habit in Pune, to go and stop in the oncoming lane of the traffic

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-photo0110.jpg

Edit: In the bad parking example 2 posts above, did you notice someone has pasted an advertisement right on the parking 'P' sign !!

Last edited by W.A.G.7 : 23rd August 2012 at 11:45. Reason: EDIT added
Old 23rd August 2012, 12:12   #4314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here's another classic example of local small time politico
Also note the rear windshield is plastered with a ridiculous photo. No way he is using his IRVM.
Not that he has any ORVM on the left side anyway. SHould we expect him to have one on the right?!
Old 23rd August 2012, 14:33   #4315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
No way he is using his IRVM.
Not that he has any ORVM on the left side anyway. SHould we expect him to have one on the right?!
The omni didn't have either ORVM's. (Didn't expect him to have mirrors anyway). And was driven by a person who looked like a cousin of the person in sticker on the rear window. The rear window must have been like those cheap chinese sunglasses that we get for 99/- on the riverside road here in Pune.

But the only little consolation was that he was driving sanely, not like the 'My-Father-Owns-This-Road' type.
Old 23rd August 2012, 15:50   #4316
BHPian

Quote:
Edit: In the bad parking example 2 posts above, did you notice someone has pasted an advertisement right on the parking 'P' sign !!
Well, I was about to ask this question. If there is a parking sign, what is wrong in parking there? Or am I missing something here? I see that the Innova is parked right at the 'P' board.
The issue that I notice is that he has not parked near the kerb, but used considerable amount of road space. If this is the error, I believe that the 'P' board there is the first culprit. There seems to be not enough space on that road to have parking and a drive lane.

Last edited by A350XWB : 23rd August 2012 at 15:54.
Old 23rd August 2012, 17:04   #4317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
The issue that I notice is that he has not parked near the kerb, but used considerable amount of road space.
Actually there is enough space for an Innova to pass between the parked car and footpath; if you park correctly i.e. push in and park parallely to the sign. But he parked the car without a second thought on whether anyone would be able to pass or not. This very area under the trees is used by our office people to park cars when our basement parking is full. In fact it's much more hassle free to park cars here than in our basement
Old 23rd August 2012, 21:32   #4318
BHPian

Of late I am seeing a new facet of bad driving in Trivandrum. This happens in most of the roads with no median. The Motorist will come to his right most section of the road (that is, " directly at you") at considerable speed, then seeing you in his sightlines, will flash his head lights, signalling " get off the road". Seeing this , you scamper out of harm's way , getting down and off the road. The fellow coolly passes you by and you grit your teeth and take some deep breaths to calm yourself down. Here there is no partiality, bikes, cars, trucks everybody does it. How is that for today's flavour?
Old 23rd August 2012, 21:52   #4319
BHPian

Saw an excellent rider yesterday, yes you read it right, excellent.
Happened on the signal opposit Aga Khan Palace. Now this signal is basically to allow people coming from the opposite side to take a 'U' turn. Most people dont stop and just keep going. This chap on a bike (with a helmet on) stops in the centre lane, forcing others to stop. I was one car behind him and watching him. He patiently waited there while others changed lanes and zoomed past making gestures. As soon as the signal turned green he shot off. I think the bike number was 4181, and was a bajaj boxer (memory is not as good as before). He turned into the Weikfield IT park.

Buddy if you are reading this A big . If someone knows who he is, please pat him on the back.

Now a bit of ranting. The other day had been to Phoenix market city. This place has a humongous parking. Most people park pretty neatly (following advice from the parking assistants). There was this car which drove in (New Verna), and she parked across three parking slots! The parking attendand was met with abuse when she mentioned that and the "LADY" was not ready to relent. It took a bit of honking from me to break it up. I politely offered to park on her behalf if she was unable to do it. This kind of brought her to her senses and she grudgingly parked the car properly.

I dont get it, do we lack basic sense of civility? Do we think we are "above" others who dont have cars.

A new trend I have noticed are with most people in Pune trying to take shortcuts, even if it means driving on a highway road against the flow of traffic. Almost got into a crash because of a moron like this on a bike. Stopped the car, got out and gave him a tight slap across the face. Happened just earlier this week on the Nagar highway.
torquecurve is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2012, 00:26   #4320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post
Saw an excellent rider yesterday, yes you read it right, excellent.

I dont get it, do we lack basic sense of civility? Do we think we are "above" others who dont have cars.

A new trend I have noticed are with most people in Pune trying to take shortcuts, even if it means driving on a highway road against the flow of traffic. Almost got into a crash because of a moron like this on a bike. Stopped the car, got out and gave him a tight slap across the face. Happened just earlier this week on the Nagar highway.
For the good biker.
For your action against the biker and for lady with her new verna.
sorry mate, control your rage. physical abuse might get nasty for you or your dear ones. Please ignore them and keep moving. "To err is humane and to forgive is divine" - we in TBHP are a divine combination of like minded- rule following drive addicts. So please control your anger. Its good for your health, forget about the morons coming in wrong direction, they will face the music someday. Not all days will be their lucky angels with them.
AlphaKilo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed