Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2012, 17:18   #4426
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Saw this school kids on a bike zig-zaging through traffic.
Wow, how dangerous can this get!! But I am not surprised, I have seen kids like these in Pune too. Most of them here in Pune, are driving a modified matt black Honda Dio with a loud exhaust. They don't even look like they have a driving license.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
See this bad driver and too dangerous too.
I overtook praying to all gods when he slowed down.
Heart-in-mouth feeling, that must have been!!
Old 25th September 2012, 08:47   #4427
SDP
Team-BHP Support

My contribution to this thread:

Saw these 2 guys riding a scooter on the Panvel Bypass.
In the first pic: Neither guy is wearing a helmet. The guy in front is busy covering his face with a hanky while the guy in the back manages (?) the steering!
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-zdsc_0004.jpg

In the second pic: The guy in the front is back to steering. So the guy in the back decides to stand up!
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-zdsc_0005.jpg

See the heavy truck traffic all around? If at all, one should be extra careful on this stretch.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2012, 10:59   #4428
Team-BHP Support

Hyderabad Jubilee Hill Rd 45.

Best Parenting Award goes to:
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-parenting.jpg

I don't know if the car was being driven by a parent or a chauffeur.
If the parent is driving, that is plain stupid.
If its a chauffeur, why would you hire someone who puts your kid at risk.
bblost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2012, 11:05   #4429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost

I don't know if the car was being driven by a parent or a chauffeur.
If the parent is driving, that is plain stupid.
If its a chauffeur, why would you hire someone who puts your kid at risk.
I've seen such nonsense on Mumbai Pune expressway, by what seemed to be a mother-daughter combination in an i10.
Old 25th September 2012, 11:13   #4430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost

Very common site with a blue BMW 3er on the NH4 these days. A young boy probably 8years of age can be seen standing through the sunroof and enjoying the wind in his hair. I hope the car comes with anti pinch technology on the sun roof too.
Old 3rd October 2012, 12:22   #4431
Senior - BHPian

Witnessed an unfortunate sight this morning on my way to work. Coming down the Domlur flyover I notice well dressed guy in a black Elantra behind me trying to converse with the vehicle next to him. First I thought it might be his friend or colleague whose attention he was trying to grab. Few seconds later I notice that he's trying to get really close to the silver Micra next to him while angrily gesturing to the driver of the Micra, which (from why I could make out) was a woman!

Another few seconds and he almost runs the Micra off the road by blocking its path partially and is again gesturing angrily at the Micra driver while blocking the traffic behind him.

I move on. At the middle of the IRR (where vehicles take a u-turn), this car over takes me and guess what - he waves his hand!! What I saw at the back of that car (and the subsequent driving) made me go a second time!

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-image33235238.jpg

Whoever you are, please don't engage in road rage just to prove a point. Not with 'em stickers on your car!
IronH4WK is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2012, 13:12   #4432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
And this is basic human psyche. A lot of times I have been left amused in USA. All my uncles and cousins there can go on for hours praising there road manners and law and order and the driving etiquette being observed by every driver on the road, regardless of there economic background. But to my surprise the same people start honking, gesturing and signaling with there fingers, when they enter the crowded and busy streets of Manhattan. You can see a lot of drivers changing lanes constantly trying to squeeze ahead of the traffic. So basically then the whole driving etiquette line is a myth. If you have open roads and very sparse traffic then everyone seems to be following the rules. But put them in a chaotic bumper to bumper traffic situation and they turn aggressive in no time!
This is very true over there. for example, if you drive in long island, We can see people giving way to us and make us feel like a king but the moment you enter the city you would see what you see here in India.

The only worry here is, we have more bikes than cars and so the possibilities for fatal accidents are more here. Just a week back, when we were about to start from a signal, a bike cut us in front. Before my friend could react, he just touched the bike at 10-15 kmph in my Scorpio and guy was lost balance and was pushed to a good distance. It was so scary to even think what would happen if they get hit in little higher speed and will these guys realise from these incidents about the consequence of driving in front of such big vehicles.
klassics45 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2012, 20:11   #4433
BHPian

This morning i was standing near the MNM jain signal on the OMR road. There was a punto in front of me. There was a small gap between the punto and the divider on his right side. There was a guy on cycle who tried to get past the punto within the gap. There was no way he could get past the punto unless the OVRM on the right side was completely folded. This guy proceeds hits the OVRM and the mirror gets turned backwards looks back and laughs at the driver .The driver was shouting at him for a brief moment. Felt like punching him on his face for what he did. Why is that there is no respect for others property?
Old 6th October 2012, 09:13   #4434
Distinguished - BHPian

As usual on bannerghatta road,

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-photo00517optimized.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-photo00518optimized.jpg
Old 6th October 2012, 09:32   #4435
Distinguished - BHPian

Here the authorities are to be blamed. They widened the road without proper foot path and the cab driver is taking full advantage of using the unpaved part to get ahead of the cars, but little is he aware that he causing more trouble than he is saving time.
Old 6th October 2012, 11:14   #4436
BHPian

Yesterday I saw perhaps the worst kind of a father a child can have. I was walking towards the bank, when a man riding an rx135, without wearing a helmet, has his 2-3 year old daughter on the tank, comes riding from a bylane and joins the main road from the opposite side. This was a Y intersection.

This person doesn't stop to look whether the roads are safe enough to join over to the other side. Then dodges vehicles, overtakes from left doing all this from a smoke breathing RX. From a glance, the man seemed from a well to background. I really pity the child's fate with such a father. Wish there were Child Services in our country to whom we could report irresponsible parenting. Really sad.
Parthasarathig is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2012, 13:16   #4437
Senior - BHPian

This guy is a staunch believer in Nike - Just Do It! All of a sudden stops smack in the middle of the road.. to buy grapes from a roadside vendor!

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-image182557315.jpg

Old 7th October 2012, 16:42   #4438
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassics45

This is very true over there. for example, if you drive in long island, We can see people giving way to us and make us feel like a king but the moment you enter the city you would see what you see here in India.

The only worry here is, we have more bikes than cars and so the possibilities for fatal accidents are more here. Just a week back, when we were about to start from a signal, a bike cut us in front. Before my friend could react, he just touched the bike at 10-15 kmph in my Scorpio and guy was lost balance and was pushed to a good distance. It was so scary to even think what would happen if they get hit in little higher speed and will these guys realise from these incidents about the consequence of driving in front of such big vehicles.
Smacks of a touching, but severely misplaced faith in their own infallibility and that of the other drivers on the road!
Old 7th October 2012, 17:43   #4439
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
On a lighter note - read this rant about Driving in India - taken from the Net

I got this off the net - I first read it around 1997 or so when internet just started becoming accessible and available for us lesser mortals.

Anyway while it is extremely uncomplimentary, it is also in the same breath, absolutely hilarious and as such, an excellent read on a boring, depressing Sunday evening...

Enjoy.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Driving in India – A general guide for visitors.pdf (52.0 KB, 740 views)
shankar.balan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th October 2012, 12:08   #4440
BHPian

This guy was carrying some rods and construction equipment between his legs and eventually had no place to rest his feet, however the fool made good use of his skating skills, or the lack of it, pic clicked on Old Madras road at a speed of approximate 40kmph. One wrong move and this guy would surely lose his manhood!
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dsc_0001.jpg  

Last edited by alstonlobo : 8th October 2012 at 12:09.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks