Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2012, 12:12   #4531
Team-BHP Support

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
It happened so quickly that I had to brake hard and my wife almost banged her head on the windshield.
Roads are filled with idiots.

Please ask all passengers to use the seatbelts.
bblost is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th November 2012, 17:12   #4532
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover View Post
Where did you spot these guys?
These guys took the U turn in front of Welcare Hospital and I stopped these guys at Elamkulam Junction. Too bad I just got a glimpse of their plate else I would have gone straight to the police station. Anyways, it's "KL-5 V" modded Dio (think it was black) and the number plate was the old plastic model which was a fancy plate many years ago. Let me see if I can stop those guys again. Dude, you wouldnt believe their behavior. I swear that this was the first time I'm seeing such a guy. If it was my mistake I would agree but this is something else. Anyways, modded Dio's are becoming popular here and will stay away from these.

Also saw atleast 10-15 bikes just outside Nucleus mall yesterday night doing stunts and trying all sorts of stuff to grab attention. Cops, try and stop these guys instead of checking sun films on cars!
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2012, 17:17   #4533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju

These guys took the U turn in front of Welcare Hospital and I stopped these guys at Elamkulam Junction. Too bad I just got a glimpse of their plate else I would have gone straight to the police station. Anyways, it's "KL-5 V" modded Dio (think it was black) and the number plate was the old plastic model which was a fancy plate many years ago. Let me see if I can stop those guys again. Dude, you wouldnt believe their behavior. I swear that this was the first time I'm seeing such a guy. If it was my mistake I would agree but this is something else. Anyways, modded Dio's are becoming popular here and will stay away from these.

Also saw atleast 10-15 bikes just outside Nucleus mall yesterday night doing stunts and trying all sorts of stuff to grab attention. Cops, try and stop these guys instead of checking sun films on cars!
Kerala Traffic Police not on Facebook? The trend is catching on everywhere. Why not have a page like other states to report such hooligans on the road?
Old 4th November 2012, 17:28   #4534
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post
Kerala Traffic Police not on Facebook? The trend is catching on everywhere. Why not have a page like other states to report such hooligans on the road?
They do have but not active as BTP. Anyways, i will definitely report next time I experience something like this. Sad to see these kind of people around here.
Old 4th November 2012, 20:05   #4535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Saw one of the worst and ill behaved driver yesterday night.....two guys jumped in front of our car from left suddenly to take a right turn. These guys were riding the heavily modded dio which is very common in cochin nowadays. It happened so quickly that I had to brake hard...
Sometime back I saw similar situation but the acrobatics was from a white FIGO at around 8 pm at the Edappally signal light. I could not even notice his plates. The direct victim was a KL 01 black i20 who was in front of me and has started to move when the signal turned green and the panic braking immediately is still in my mind.

Last edited by rajeev k : 4th November 2012 at 20:31.
Old 5th November 2012, 12:45   #4536
Distinguished - BHPian

One biege Innova (2012) with temp reg number KL38 xxxx decides to overtake me from the left and simply pushes me on to the road divider as there was a slow moving truck in front of him. Had to brake hard hoping no one rear ended me.

I did not bother to chase him, he might drive even more violently and kill himself or others on the road. The way he was driving, the sooner he will meet his maker for sure.

But on Kerala highways there are too many morons driving than gentlemen. Whats the use of high literacy rates when everybody is hell bent on making a mockery of it.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2012, 15:19   #4537
BHPian

Quote:
Saw one of the worst and ill behaved driver yesterday night.
Kochi pazhaya kochiyalla. :(
(Translation : Cochin is not the same old Cochin)

-- Torqy

Last edited by GTO : 6th November 2012 at 10:56. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Thanks
Torqy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2012, 15:32   #4538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Whats the use of high literacy rates when everybody is hell bent on making a mockery of it.
Sir, literacy helps in finding new ways to outsmart others or push them and rush ahead.

No signs of improvement in etiquette, manners and being well bahaved.

Applicable not only in Cochin but all over India!!

Cheers
MKP
Old 6th November 2012, 10:59   #4539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpiyengar

Sir, literacy helps in finding new ways to outsmart others or push them and rush ahead.

No signs of improvement in etiquette, manners and being well bahaved.

Applicable not only in Cochin but all over India!!

Cheers
MKP
The educated and the uneducated both mock the laws of the road equally. If a driver of a household drives rash, the onus is on his employer to be firm with him and make sure he drives safely following the road rules. If the employer ignores it, it isn't the driver's fault alone, but his employer's as well. The educated should take the lead, not hide behind the veil of ignorance and arrogance.

Iv been in Trivandrum,Kerala since 25th October and iv seen atleast 12 drivers a day driving while on the phone with one hand. I dont even have to mention Govt. vehicles which are driven like the roads belong to their fathers. No traffic rules apply to them.

The scene back here in Cochin or Trivandrum or Kerala in general is just as bad as it is in Bangalore or Chennai or any other city in India.

The retard with a heavy foot rules the road with ignorance flowing in abundance through his veins.
Xryder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2012, 16:22   #4540
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesomeone View Post
All guys on the road are not as smart or skilled to understand and accordingly adjust to your smart (read that as stupid) maneuvers.
Absolutely.

Other road users may not know what one is thinking or how one is going to make a maneuver.

It is better to avoid such antics until one is sure the other user too can understand/understands the maneuver.

An educated ( as different from literate) need not necessarily be a good driver or a gentle man.

Last edited by simplyself : 6th November 2012 at 16:24.
Old 6th November 2012, 16:32   #4541
BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Whats the use of high literacy rates when everybody is hell bent on making a mockery of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
An educated (as different from literate) need not necessarily be a good driver or a gentle man.
nkrishnap, your question answered by simplyself
Being able to read a newspaper, and being able to differentiate sense from nonsense (sometimes in newspapers themselves). There's a difference between the two. Sadly, neither is ascertained during a driving licence test.
Old 10th November 2012, 13:00   #4542
Senior - BHPian

Hey, I just posted this, but now it's missing from the bad drivers thread. Hence re-posting it again.

It's a habit in Pune now, parking under a no parking sign.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-photo0228.jpg
Old 10th November 2012, 13:59   #4543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
It's a habit in Pune now, parking under a no parking sign.
Aha! I went down Karve Road yesterday around noon, and saw atleast 5 instances like this! A NO PARKING sign with a cluster of two-wheelers all around it. Kinda reminded me of dogs doing their thing at a lamppost of whatever

During this ride (Bavdhan-KarveRd-Pimpri), I kept reminding myself every 2 minutes to look for wrong-way riders, and I found atleast one every single time I looked! And the ride lasted 90 minutes! Now you do the math!

What is Pune coming to, seriously? Wrong side, high-beam, cellphone, three-on-a-bike, left-side-overtaking, lane-cutting, helmet worn like a crown!!! Oh, and rearview mirrors angled to see their own drop-dead looks!

Best combination I've seen so far is cellphone-on-shoulder + highbeam + wrongside + pushing another bike with his foot! Award winning, in every way you look at it!
Old 11th November 2012, 21:20   #4544
BANNED

While on bike people talking on their mobiles with both hands on the handlebars and the mobile in between the ears and shoulder with the head tilted in that direction to support the mobile from falling down.

I can't understand how does the rider ride with the view from his eyes of the world with the head tilted like that. Won't he be getting pulled in that direction? Beats me to the core. When honking from behind they don't bother to give way and on repeated honking they turn back and shout saying "phone pe baat karoon na miyan, nahi dikhra kya tumahre ku!" (translated to english from Hyderabadi Hindi - Can't you see I'm talking on the phone?)

What to reply in such cases, I fail to understand.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2012, 02:28   #4545
Distinguished - BHPian

I shout at my wife for walking around the house like that!

OK, I admit that phone attachment, and prioritising it over the people in the room, has always annoyed me, and I trained myself, in office days, to do the opposite, but that posture is just guaranteed to store up neck, shoulder and back problems for the future. That is why they invented the headsets for telephonists, and not so far off why folk such as violinists have posture problems.

But I'd rather have posture problems than accidents!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks