Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2012, 12:05   #4831
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
No amount of skirts will help a Corolla Altis at 180kmph. From the dials the car is an Altis petrol.
Your Observation is spot on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunt View Post
Yeah that didn't make much sense, unless he was talking about body design factors to make it more aerodynamic and create down force.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
180 kmph an overkill? Its just a "kill" recipe. And not just the indian roads, almost any road (barring the Autobahn maybe). The last comment had something silly in it. It said dont try 220 kmph unless you have skirts?!? How does that fit among ABS etc?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
It's way too fast for photography, on any roads
And that 180 kmph stunt was tried out on one of the worst highways in India aka The Chennai - Madrovayal (If i got the spelling right!!!) Bypass

The roads are highly uneven and bumpy, even doing 90/100 kmph on that stretch doesn't feel safe. Guys from Chennai will be able to appreciate it better.

Moreover it looks like the guy behind the wheel himself clicked the pic despite the presence of a co passenger.

Going by the tacho needle @ under 4k RPM, guess those jokers have been maintaining that speed for quite sometime, which is even more shocking

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 26th December 2012 at 12:08.
Old 26th December 2012, 12:52   #4832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Your Observation is spot on!

+1

And that 180 kmph stunt was tried out on one of the worst highways in India aka The Chennai - Madrovayal (If i got the spelling right!!!) Bypass

The roads are highly uneven and bumpy, even doing 90/100 kmph on that stretch doesn't feel safe. Guys from Chennai will be able to appreciate it better.

Moreover it looks like the guy behind the wheel himself clicked the pic despite the presence of a co passenger.

Going by the tacho needle @ under 4k RPM, guess those jokers have been maintaining that speed for quite sometime, which is even more shocking
That was indeed a stupid stunt being pulled over.

Going OT on Distance, Speed and time phenomenon which we read in Standard 10th. The guys mentions that he did 28kms in 7 minutes, which is an average speed of 240kmph. Come on, a Corolla might do 240, but continuously for 7 minutes. Sorry, couldn't help this.
Old 26th December 2012, 14:29   #4833
Senior - BHPian

This morning saw a stupid i10 (White) driver pull out the bumper of another well maintained i10 (Grey) at the Sarita Vihar flyover in Delhi (near Apollo Hospital). Basically, one of the older bridges connecting Delhi to Noida is closed for repairs & all the traffic is diverted through DND Toll Road. Resulting, the roads from Badarpur to Ashram are jam packed all day long with at least 25% more cars & even more 2-wheelers.

There are long jams starting right after the Sarita Vihar Metro Station, & the scene was same in the morning office hour traffic, with all cars moving slowly in lanes. But, this White i10 driver was in a hurry & decided to change lane without indication, & that too when there was no space to do so. There was another darker (Grey) i10 sibling in the next lane & seeing the former change lane forcefully, tried adjusting & let him in. But, apparently, the former had tail on fire (nature break, coupled with diabetic problem... did not wanted to soil clothes) & took a sharp turn entangling the bumper of Grey i10.

I saw the whole drama in my OVRM (as my lane was not moving), & I felt sorry for latter as for no reason he had to spend on repairs & hope that the former is made to pay for the same.
Old 26th December 2012, 18:29   #4834
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

This evening on the GK Vale road in Koramangala which is a one way street. Saw a bright white Honda Civic with a KA03 registration come out of a side street and come straight up the wrong way, directly at me.
A well dressed, obviously well educated, well off, bespectacled man in his mid forties. Surely a business man or senior exec type.
I simply stopped him by going close to his car and almost blocking his way with my car but leaving just a tiny tad of space between the vehicles and politely but in a voice dripping with sarcasm, asked him if 1. he knew it was a one way street, 2. Whether he was an educated bloke from a good background or a mere uneducated peasant/ driver,3. If he knew or cared that he was breaking the law or not 4. If he had been drinking or if he was visually challenged.
All I got was a grunt from him in reply! He just brazenly grunted and squeezed past my Yeti and went off! As he was manoeuvring past I called him a lamebrain idiot and a law breaker.
I despair of this country when people of this kind of affluent background themselves break the law and rules in this way! Now why should we allow this?
My big regret is not being smart enough to take his photo. But I was alone and driving.
Old 26th December 2012, 20:42   #4835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan
This evening on the GK Vale road in Koramangala which is a one way street. Saw a bright white Honda Civic with a KA03 registration come out of a side street and come straight up the wrong way, directly at me.
A well dressed, obviously well educated, well off, bespectacled man in his mid forties. Surely a business man or senior exec type.
I simply stopped him by going close to his car and almost blocking his way with my car but leaving just a tiny tad of space between the vehicles and politely but in a voice dripping with sarcasm, asked him if 1. he knew it was a one way street, 2. Whether he was an educated bloke from a good background or a mere uneducated peasant/ driver,3. If he knew or cared that he was breaking the law or not 4. If he had been drinking or if he was visually challenged.
All I got was a grunt from him in reply! He just brazenly grunted and squeezed past my Yeti and went off! As he was manoeuvring past I called him a lamebrain idiot and a law breaker.
I despair of this country when people of this kind of affluent background themselves break the law and rules in this way! Now why should we allow this?
My big regret is not being smart enough to take his photo. But I was alone and driving.
It's sad such educated people driving flashy cars still go about doing such things knowingly and worse still don't fell guilty or even apologize for that matter! Now the question is are they trying to save that every drop of fuel by getting into one ways or is it the attitude driving him into it!
Old 26th December 2012, 20:57   #4836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819 View Post
It's sad such educated people driving flashy cars still go about doing such things knowingly and worse still don't fell guilty or even apologize for that matter! Now the question is are they trying to save that every drop of fuel by getting into one ways or is it the attitude driving him into it!
In complete contrast to this situation, today I came right in front of a mini truck who was in my lane. I asked him "are the median lines for show?" all I got was a stiff face and grumbling. This proves that the well educated guy in the flashy car = driver of the mini truck Shame on both of them.
Old 26th December 2012, 21:17   #4837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819 View Post
Might is right.. Am sure the rich man in the Civic felt powerful enough for whatever reason that he has utter disregard for rules and feels confident enough to break them and yet not feel at fault. True throughout our country.
Old 26th December 2012, 21:26   #4838
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Deja vu.

In Powai (Mumbai), there is this one-way stretch, probably around 300-400 mts in length which has shops on either side, and cars parked on either side. There are two parallel (residential) roads to this lane, which mostly are empty throughout the day.

The decision to make the center road a one-way is a simple & brilliant way of handling the flow of traffic. Yet there are always idiots who still choose to go on the wrong way just to save a few seconds; not realizing the delay in crossing this stretch would be longer. 99% of the cars on this route are by educated folks and everyday I see some idiot creating a jam on this road.

Ironically the autos follow the rules and in most of the cases they opt for the alternate routes!
Old 27th December 2012, 00:47   #4839
Senior - BHPian

This video shows the dangers of using two wheelers to transport kids.
In this incident, the little girl escaped with minor bruises. I shudder to even think what would have happened had it been a truck instead of a car.

Old 27th December 2012, 21:45   #4840
BHPian

686 buses fined for tinted glasses and curtains in Noida

Quote:
A total of 105 buses have been seized while 686 buses have been fined by the Noida traffic police for operating with black films or curtains on its windows and drivers and staff operating without licenses. Officials said that over Rs 56,000 was collected while Rs 90,000 has been collected in all in fines.
Old 28th December 2012, 12:23   #4841
BHPian

Another common thing i come to see is that if you switch on either of your indicators and make a move in that direction you always have a lot of people trying to squeeze past their way not allowing you to go in that direction. This one thing is really irritating.

Yesterday i was on the guindy bridge and was going behind a lorry on the right side. So i switched on the left indicator to make sure that i come to the left lane so that i can proceed. Lot of vehicles even at far distance behind me started honking as they were coming very fast and it took me some time to move in that direction.

Last edited by vishnu.csk : 28th December 2012 at 12:24.
vishnu.csk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2012, 20:46   #4842
BHPian

Spotted this bad driver of the towing vehicle at Haji Ali. He was towing an esteem. He was cutting lanes sharply and blowing the horn continuously for long periods of time. Atleast when towing another car he should drive with care but no this guy was driving as if he owned the road. He had a narrow miss with a car in front due to his aggressive driving.

Last edited by carfreak77 : 28th December 2012 at 20:56. Reason: Wanted to add jpeg but it exceeds 1MB limit
Old 28th December 2012, 23:38   #4843
BHPian

People don't seem to bother much about "one-way" signs anymore. It's absolute chaos when a retard braves a one-way flashing his lights and blowing the horn continuously.

@carfreak77 - If the towing vehicle was commercial and belonged to a dealer/service center you could have it reported.
PS to carfreak77 - You can quickly reduce Jpeg's to minimum size by opening them in MS Paint, and saving them again as jpeg. Using Save As.
Old 28th December 2012, 23:52   #4844
BHPian

I spotted bad driving by a BHPian who was not to sure about lanes and was going around. It was embarrassing as my wife was driving and she pointed me out saying '' It's a BHPian driving like this"

Ford Ikon - Silver - TN 07 AC 9720 near Ejipura Signal Bangalore

Buddy, Mean no harm. Just keep Team BHP reputation intact.
vivek.ks is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2012, 13:10   #4845
BHPian

Last night when returning from office. I started my Car and took turn on O-Shuaugnessey road outside Cisco/Oracle/Autodesk office(near Shanti Nagar Hockey Stadium).

As it is a one way road, I was doing easy on throttle. I see a esteemed Indicab taxi raking a right turn inside Cisco gate. So i just upped speed to 40 and went with my business.
To my horror that Taxi guy actually took a violent U turn at 50kmph on a one way road. By the time the idiot appeared from behind the trees, he was heading towards my Car. I honked for next 20 secs to express my displeasure at sheer stupidity of his action.

Driving is getting more and more difficult.

Also noticed a Red Ikon idiot on NH7 towards KR Puram Bridge in morning. He looked a cheap desi impersonation of Lewis Hamilton to me. Taking so many small gaps and from anywhere with a zig-zag driving that he almost banged me when I was in middle lane. God, that guy actually gave scare to everyone who was driving in lanes on road.

Also, when I returned in night. I saw that a big truck is driving on right. So I honked and gave dipper asking for way. The guy did not budge. Finally after trailing for long, I decided to take from left because that is perhaps what the truck wallas follow, give way from left on highways.

I wonder how is this practice right? Who made is stupid rule of giving way from left?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks