Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2013, 16:55   #5011
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post

This I think is the Seva Sadan road which meets Sarjapur road. (Is it also called 8th main ? )
Even I have notice this practice at that location consistently. Dont know whats the hurry.
Correct. The seva sadan road it is. And yes, it is the 8th main road. Koramangala 1st Block.
Used to be a quiet tree lined avenue till Bangalore became the loony bin it is now...

Last edited by noopster : 21st January 2013 at 10:07. Reason: Please check your PM
Old 20th January 2013, 17:18   #5012
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post

I saw a mad lady yesterday.
I do not know what your intention was, but this post is hilarious! The opening line sealed the deal

Quote:

A lady on an Activa once came out of her building and rode straight in the middle of the road and almost crashing in my car. I had to brake hard from 50kmph and the guy who was tailgating me almost kissed my car. And the lady was totally unaware of all this, obviously.
These are called rockets. They can come from any side street. They even cut across the traffic on the main road at full speed without missing a beat. It is a different story that your heart stops beating completely!

I suspect that they either hate themselves or people with cars, so they launch themselves as missiles on unsuspecting drivers.

Quote:

Some other instances :
1) I was at the gym. Now there is a small nursery/ play group in the same building so parents often come to pick their students.
It is a two-lane road with one lane for each direction and parking on both the sides. Now this lady comes in a Honda City ZX, parks the car perpendicular to the footpath and happily goes away to pick her child! Inconveniencing others for 15 minutes!

2) Again at the gym. I had parked my car parallel to the footpath, like all other cars. There was a WagonR ahead of my car but there was a bit more gap between our cars because of a small tree. Behind my car were 4-5 bikes. Now a Honda city comes and parks his car in a slanting manner between my car and the tree ahead in such a way that I can't move my car ahead even a bit because of this dimwit and obviously I can't go back because of the bikes. I wasn't present when he parked liked this.
You have go to love these inconsiderate fellow Citizens! They simply do not care about others. Absolutely no civic sense. And of course we are all educated. Mera Bharat Mahaan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post

Taking the wrong lane to jump ahead, Koramangala.

That behaviour must have started when he was a sperm. Otherwise he would never have made it

Cheers!

Last edited by lapsi : 20th January 2013 at 17:23.
lapsi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2013, 20:27   #5013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekB86 View Post
And that is exactly why a learner needs to have company. Driving is more than knowing the ABC usage, length and width of your car and how well you can park. It is also about calculating and making decisions which come only by experience. A regular driver next to her would have told her exactly what to do. I am sure each of us had those panic attacks when learning how to drive. It takes a toll at that moment and there is a lot of mental stress hence in that panic she ended up in that situation.

She probably will not touch the car for months in fear of hitting it again. She should thank the wise truck driver for saving her limbs and vehicle.
Touch? Trust me she had no clue that her car had a bad damage. She was not perplexed, she was not nervous just cool. I think she had no idea that her life just went under a truck and came back.

Panic? what panic man? Truck is much slower than you. The road is clear. I think anyone could have guessed what to do. Plus what was the need to move right is beyond me. I think she did not even know how to hold a steering straight lol.

Lucky she escaped.
Old 21st January 2013, 12:35   #5014
BHPian

A strange incidence happened today while I was driving to work. Surprisingly, the Mahadevpura was having very heavy traffic today morning. I was behind a innova (doctor driven) and there was around 5 feet gap between both the vehicles. On my left there was a goods tempo which was trying to cut in between the the innova and my car. I honked to the tempo guy and did not let him in. Meanwhile the innova guy in front thought I m honking at him and started showing hand gestures. I went to his side and rolled down my window to tell that I was not honking at him but the tempo driver and I do have road sense. To this the middle aged doctor got infuriated and started uttering choicest of expletives. I also gave back on the same tone. This infuriated him more and started saying get down from the car and lets fight etc etc..I said I am not interested in road rage..thank you and moved on.

Meanwhile I noted down his no. just incase the guy acted funny later. You know what I mean? hitting the vehicle intentionally etc. Meanwhile after few mins both the vehicles stopped on a traffic signal. I thought to myslef that I need to get this sorted. I got down from my car locked and walked towards his vehicle with a smile I asked him to roll down the window. Then I calmly told him look I was not honking at you but at the tempo which was cutting from the wrong side, sorry if you took otherwise and also about my language. The look at his face was "embarresed" and also said sorry. We smiled at each other and moved on..

Last edited by onesomeone : 21st January 2013 at 12:37.
onesomeone is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st January 2013, 13:14   #5015
Senior - BHPian

Anybody else got stuck at the mayhem after the ECity phase 1 toll this morning?
Old 21st January 2013, 14:45   #5016
Distinguished - BHPian

I was overtaking a cycle rickshaw (yes, a rarity these days) on a congested street, with a biker coming towards us. I thought I had time, but I was wrong. I braked to a halt, and the biker only just braked in time. Yes, he was going too fast, and he should have seen me earlier, but it was my responsibility to give way to him; I was on his side of the road. My bad driving. I apologised, and we went on our separate ways.

I was doing what I grumble at others for. If there is an obstruction, or a slow moving vehicle, on our side of the road, we must wait: the oncoming traffic, with a clear lane, has absolute right of way, and no impatience or flashing of lights makes any difference.

~

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 21st January 2013 at 14:49.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st January 2013, 16:18   #5017
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Anybody else got stuck at the mayhem after the ECity phase 1 toll this morning?
there was some digging going on near the Siemens gate after the ECity Ph 1 toll and traffic was moving slowly in two lanes on the left. all of a sudden all hell breaks lose and see the outcome!
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-photo-210113-10-51-06.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-photo-210113-11-01-30.jpg

all so called educated lot!!

however, this one takes the cake! this morning @NGEF bypass: no honking, not sirens blaring, not beacon lights or headlights, no announcements through the PA system to move over - just trying to get ahead of the rest!
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-photo-210113-9-38-36.jpg

if you notice, the officer is not even wearing a seat belt!
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2013, 16:22   #5018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesomeone View Post
A strange incidence happened today while I was driving to work....Then I calmly told him look I was not honking at you but at the tempo which was cutting from the wrong side, sorry if you took otherwise and also about my language. The look at his face was "embarresed" and also said sorry. We smiled at each other and moved on..
That's and excellent thing you did, otherwise it would have weighed down on both of you. Similar thing happened to me also once but i did not get a chance to clarify.
engrohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2013, 16:33   #5019
BHPian

Quote:
however, this one takes the cake!
H4WK, put this up on the BTP Facebook page! I'm sure you have the vehicle number and time of day. Or just send it to a local newspaper. Just for fun!

Cheers,
Rahul
Old 21st January 2013, 16:59   #5020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I was overtaking a cycle rickshaw (yes, a rarity these days) on a congested street, with a biker coming towards us. I thought I had time, but I was wrong. I braked to a halt, and the biker only just braked in time. Yes, he was going too fast, and he should have seen me earlier, but it was my responsibility to give way to him; I was on his side of the road. My bad driving. I apologised, and we went on our separate ways.

I was doing what I grumble at others for. If there is an obstruction, or a slow moving vehicle, on our side of the road, we must wait: the oncoming traffic, with a clear lane, has absolute right of way, and no impatience or flashing of lights makes any difference.

~
BTW, THAD were you driving in north chennai (near parrys corner) I guess that is one of the place where you still have those non polluting goodies.

Old 21st January 2013, 17:03   #5021
BHPian

Quote:

however, this one takes the cake!

Yeah.. today afternoon saw similar near Sankey tank road. Unfortunately I could not take any photos.

OT: Came across this article

http://saikarthikp.wordpress.com/201...ngalore-india/
500ContyCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2013, 20:20   #5022
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
however, this one takes the cake! this morning @NGEF bypass: no honking, not sirens blaring, not beacon lights or headlights, no announcements through the PA system to move over - just trying to get ahead of the rest!
Why don't you report this on the Bangalore Traffic Police page ?
Old 21st January 2013, 21:58   #5023
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesomeone View Post
.... I thought to myslef that I need to get this sorted. I got down from my car locked and walked towards his vehicle with a smile I asked him to roll down the window. Then I calmly told him look I was not honking at you but at the tempo which was cutting from the wrong side, sorry if you took otherwise and also about my language. The look at his face was "embarresed" and also said sorry. We smiled at each other and moved on..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

~
Two fantastic examples of how things should be handled! Kudos to both of you!

Last edited by SDP : 21st January 2013 at 21:59.
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2013, 22:51   #5024
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks, SDP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reisender View Post
BTW, THAD were you driving in north chennai (near parrys corner) I guess that is one of the place where you still have those non polluting goodies.
No, I was near Mandaveli. I think the Mylapore area still has some left, mostly for school runs. I did pause to reflect that the driver was, unlike some who claim to be, probably a genuinely very poor person: I think these guys are still charging in tiny number of ruppes.

Old 21st January 2013, 22:56   #5025
BHPian

Yesterday, while approaching signal after Orion Mall (Bangalore), a red KSRTC bus was standing at signal. It's a norm that these people occupy always right most lane, hence we need to be on left lane (irrespective of their speed).

So, as that guy was standing, I approached slowly and tried parking my car next to bus (left side). Suddenly the conductor opens the door and lets passenger get down. I see a women carrying baby get down. If I was little fast or had I not seen them, I would surely have hit them.

I tried arguing with bus conductor, he gave reason that; since signal was On and passenger wanted to get down, so he allowed. When will these people learn!

If something had gone bad, the blame is on me, right?

Last edited by 500ContyCruiser : 21st January 2013 at 22:57.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks