Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2013, 09:53   #5266
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Not sure if it is a characteristic all over Kerala,
Ah, a very common sight all over Cochin. I had posted something similar couple of months back. The car belonged to one High court Judge. Pic attached for reference. The bus somehow manged to squeeze through but the car wasnt lucky. But being a judge's car, the bus coming from the opposite drove off the road for the car to pass. A common sight everyday.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img01268201201171738.jpg  

Old 19th April 2013, 10:15   #5267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
So this is catching up in Kerala too. Good good. The traffic behaviour should be consistent all over India, so that foreigners are not confused.
This is a common scene in Bangalore. Usually the public transport buses, tippers and sand-laden lorries do such things. Worst part is, they get the first chance to proceed the moment the gates open!

I have seen many idiots doing this near toll booths near Bangalore (Tumkur road toll and Yeshwantapura-Nelamangala elevated road). They simply barge into toll both "overtaking" other vehicles in queue. Most of the time culprits are Trax Toofan, Tata Ace, Qualis taxis. I always make it a point to never give way to such vehicles, by driving as close as possible and neck-to-neck with them
Old 19th April 2013, 10:17   #5268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So this is catching up in Kerala too. Good good. The traffic behaviour should be consistent all over India, so that foreigners are not confused.
LOL! But a very sad situation indeed. I see more and more violations as days go by.

The biggest problem is that the cops do nothing about this as they think these are trivial issues and not worth their time or attention. And soon the guys following the rules and in the queue are going to loose it one by one. And I feel this is how the traffic goes from normal to bad to worse.

These "petty" offences should be checked with utmost care. And in our country that rarely happens. And that is the root cause. Soon, People will get a hang of it and will break rules, one by one, day by day.

Had posted this before in the Bangalore traffic thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Ah, a very common sight all over Cochin. I had posted something similar couple of months back.
I recall your old post with a pic. Pitiful indeed!

Just today, I saw a Lady in a white Xtrail on Vytilla - Edappally road, bang in the middle of 2 lanes and intimidating other small vehicles in both lanes to give way. And no cops bother.
Old 19th April 2013, 13:08   #5269
Senior - BHPian

was taking a u-turn after SAP Labs this morning and as i'm about to complete my turn i find this idiot coming right at me! he was trying to take a shortcut by driving on the wrong side and get to the other side of the road instead of going ahead and taking a u-turn in front of SAP Labs.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-photo-190413-11-06-37.jpg

i blocked him and asked him to reverse and go the right way, but he wouldn't budge. he kept making gestures at me (mind you, my wife was with me). we were at loggerheads, so i decide to take a picture of him and put it on Public Eye on BTP site.

complaint #3092. hopefully something would be done about it!
IronH4WK is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th April 2013, 14:33   #5270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
was taking a u-turn after SAP Labs this morning and as i'm about to complete my turn i find this idiot coming right at me! he was trying to take a shortcut by driving on the wrong side and get to the other side of the road instead of going ahead and taking a u-turn in front of SAP Labs.

Attachment 1075358

i blocked him and asked him to reverse and go the right way, but he wouldn't budge. he kept making gestures at me (mind you, my wife was with me). we were at loggerheads, so i decide to take a picture of him and put it on Public Eye on BTP site.

complaint #3092. hopefully something would be done about it!
Good job mate !!!
This is undoubtfully the best way of dealing with such people. Click and Post on BTP.

If I am not mistaken, this is infront of the CCD. So when you are coming this far (KTP), why don't you take the Siddapura road. (assuming you are coming from Marathahalli side).
If you are coming from Marathahalli side, keep going straight from Kundalahalli signal and take a left at the Shell petrol bunk. This is the Siddapura Road. You avoid the dreadful Graphite India signal. This is a relatively signal free road and there are lesser such law breakers. One problem though, if you enter the left (at Shell bunk) after 10:15 am, you will meet a long queue of vehicles which are merging onto a junction that meets the Borewell road.

Below is a map from Marathahalli Bridge to Whitefield Police Station. The CCD and KTP is about 1.5km from the Police Station:

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Ma...=h&mra=ls&z=18

Just giving you some ideas incase you happen to spot me, or better, vice versa !! I am a daily commuter on this route.
Old 19th April 2013, 14:50   #5271
BHPian

Talking about road rage, I almost blew my top yesterday when on my way to the office I see a lancer coming in front of me (well nothing surprising eh!). The car comes a bit near and stops in front of me directly. I manage to squeeze to the extreme left (road was a bit narrow) and when the other guy passes by I see him driving with only one hand!

The right hand held a "coffee mug" (no idea what was in it) and he actions me to move more to the left! That was it and I decide to step out of the car and give him a sound advise when it occurred to me the thread going on here on "road rage" and decided to let go
Old 19th April 2013, 15:13   #5272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
If I am not mistaken, this is infront of the CCD.
i don't remember seeing a CCD around there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Just giving you some ideas incase you happen to spot me, or better, vice versa !! I am a daily commuter on this route.
aha!

this is the route i take: http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Ka...7&via=1,2&z=18
Old 19th April 2013, 15:24   #5273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ah, a very common sight all over Cochin. I had posted something similar couple of months back. The car belonged to one High court Judge. Pic attached for reference. The bus somehow manged to squeeze through but the car wasnt lucky. But being a judge's car, the bus coming from the opposite drove off the road for the car to pass. A common sight everyday.
OT- High Court Judges ride is a Mitsubishi Cedia??? These polticos and Government servants have all the luck, looks like it. In Bangalore, all I have noticed are CR-V's, Honda City's , SX-4's. All petrols. God help us..
Old 19th April 2013, 15:28   #5274
BHPian

Quote:
Worst part is, they get the first chance to proceed the moment the gates open!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post

These "petty" offences should be checked with utmost care.

They get away cos they know even the cops wont block them worrying about a bigger traffic jam. So they would let them pass.

I saw the same thing happening today morn at Old Airport Road-MG road signal. Its a free straight towards Victoria road, and i was first in for the right turn. Few bikers come through the left and park themselves on the zebra. This lady in the red comes , cuts across the road and positions herself for the right turn. A volvo which has to go staright is blocked behind her and she wouldnt budge. A traffic cop watches all this action on the other side of the road in the shade. Volvo guy starts honking madly ( his timelines may have been hit). This continued for a good 30-45 secs till we got the signal. She zips past to create the next block in the next signal.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-20130419_105702.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post

The right hand held a "coffee mug" (
I had posted about a sand"witch" eating, mobile talking, zig-zagging one handed lady driver in a verna other day. She should take a lesson from this guy and add the coffee mug to her free hand in the steering.
Old 19th April 2013, 15:31   #5275
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
OT- High Court Judges ride is a Mitsubishi Cedia??? These polticos and Government servants have all the luck, looks like it. In Bangalore, all I have noticed are CR-V's, Honda City's , SX-4's. All petrols. God help us..
The most common ones are
1) Corolla Altis
2) Lancer
3) Cedia

These are high court judges. The lower court judges usually drives Dzire or Swift. All petrol AFAIK. But minister's enjoy their time here.
Old 19th April 2013, 15:36   #5276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That corner plot is of Ginger Hotel and there is a CCD inside it. See to the top left of the image you clicked. That's the entrance of CCD.

Quote:
That's dangerously close to my office. Dangerous, because we might just leave our offices and end up chit chatting around. I can even say a Hi to you from my rooftop. Oh, and yes, CrAzY dRiVeR is here too.

Added the extension from your office to my office. Just taking that left from the iGate office junction brings to my office: http://goo.gl/maps/xcfAf

I assume I am safe from your shooting, because I take that Siddapura road. Its' been ages I have travelled on the SAP Labs route to Kundalahalli.

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 19th April 2013 at 15:59.
Old 19th April 2013, 15:44   #5277
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Coincidentally, I had a similar experience yesternight with an Indicab on Bannerghatta road and just posted about it in the traffic rants thread. Blocking them is the best way to make them understand that they themselves will get delayed, by resorting to this stupid method of using the opposite side.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2013, 17:18   #5278
BHPian

Quote:

Isnt that a CCD board i see right above that car ?

Hawkie are my eyes betraying me ! Bangalore's most renowned spotter not spotting the CCD boards
Old 19th April 2013, 17:30   #5279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The most common ones are
1) Corolla Altis
2) Lancer
3) Cedia

These are high court judges. The lower court judges usually drives Dzire or Swift. All petrol AFAIK. But minister's enjoy their time here.
OT- Tell me about it. It is like they get fast petrol cars to do some escapism when needed or that they are all petrol heads
They could have may as well built us a race track with the amount they spend on these power cars.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2013, 17:34   #5280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
Isnt that a CCD board i see right above that car ?

Hawkie are my eyes betraying me ! Bangalore's most renowned spotter not spotting the CCD boards
gimme a break! i was concentrating on the cab guy! didn't notice it until Soumyajit mentioned it

in my defence - 'em boards don't have Team-BHP stickers on them

Last edited by IronH4WK : 19th April 2013 at 17:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks