Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2013, 18:07   #5416
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

New breed of mad morons. A couple of wannabe fitness freak bicyclist riders all dressed in extreme competition gear, on their 15-25k multi gear cycles, crawling up ( at around 5kmph) on the Khambakti ghats enroute from Pune to Satara (NH4). Their stupid Sunday ride spoiled the drive for all traffic enroute towards Bangalore/Kolhapur, with traffic crawling/stretched out for atleast 1km, especially pitiable were trucks who lost all momentum slowing to a crawl behind these idiots.
All these older (born again adventurer) dudes, get some common sense before you think of copying Western habits, atleast ride on one side of a road, and try and avoid national highways for your Sunday morning entertainment.
Old 16th June 2013, 09:13   #5417
Senior - BHPian

^^^Were they occupying the complete lane width by riding abreast, thereby forcing motorists to drive slowly behind them ? If so, that is bad.
In Chennai/Kerala, they would have just been honked/revved off the road, which would really not have been wrong since they are inconveniencing others.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 16th June 2013 at 09:23.
Old 16th June 2013, 22:20   #5418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
^^^Were they occupying the complete lane width by riding abreast, thereby forcing motorists to drive slowly behind them ? If so, that is bad.
In Chennai/Kerala, they would have just been honked/revved off the road, which would really not have been wrong since they are inconveniencing others.
Occupying the middle of a lane on a two laned ghat road, and no amount of honking or verbal abuse (with windows rolled down) seemed to bother them. It was so irritating I had a small nasty thought of side swiping with my Safari when passing them, imagine the frustration if drivers are having thoughts like that.
Please have your Sunday morning fitness routine by all means, but not by causing traffic jams and big trouble uphill on ghats for people who want to reach somewhere else.
Old 17th June 2013, 00:01   #5419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
LOL. In Chennai, the MTC bus drivers wont mind knocking down one or two of them if they are blocking the path!

The most irritating thing on the highways - One slow moving truck/bus trying to overtake another & thereby blocking both the lanes on the highway and forcing the triple digit drivers to crawl behind them at 40kmph until one of them decides to let the other truck/bus overtake it. This is one of the reasons why FE gets affected on the dual carriageways. We crawl behind them for a few mins and after passing them and when we reach 100+, there'll be another pair of morons trying to do the same thing & we will have to slow down and crawl behind them.. This is just clock work. When will they ever learn to drive with some senses?
saadat1992 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2013, 09:18   #5420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992
The most irritating thing on the highways - One slow moving truck/bus trying to overtake another & thereby blocking both the lanes on the highway and forcing the triple digit drivers to crawl behind them at 40kmph until one of them decides to let the other truck/bus overtake it.
Hey, the sight of a truck doing 31kmph overtaking another doing 30.5kmph is just sheer poetry in (ultra slow) motion. I think snails would overtake much quicker.
Jokes apart, yes there is nothing to spoil your mood on the highway than having 2 such trucks in front of you, taking half-an-hour to complete an overtaking operation.
And funnily, with the kind of negligible relative speeds, wonder what's the whole point of the overtaking exercise.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 17th June 2013 at 09:26. Reason: With age, forgetting spellings. So used another simpler word.
supremeBaleno is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th June 2013, 21:03   #5421
Senior - BHPian

See how this guy parked his car on a Sunday afternoon wasting precious space in the crowded mall
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-bad-park.jpg  

Last edited by rajeev k : 17th June 2013 at 21:11.
rajeev k is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2013, 11:54   #5422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k
See how this guy parked his car on a Sunday afternoon wasting precious space in the crowded mall
He must be assuming that one has to park such that the line aligns with centre of the car. Same sort of folks can be seen on the roads who instead of driving in a lane, will drive straddling 2 lanes - again maybe aligning centre of their car with the lane-demarcation line.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 21st June 2013 at 12:08.
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2013, 11:56   #5423
BHPian

A case of bad and insensitive driving yesterday.
This lady in a Blue Etios, may be she is a learner (no L stickers on the car, dark tinted, though) in pouring bangalore rains drives her car in the middle of the road not sticking to a lane holding traffic behind her and to top this, each time the traffic stops, insensitively this lady rolls back into the cars behind.
She rolled back thrice and banged into mine once. I was so scared the Vento's airbags would deploy, to warn her, I honked a long almost 1 minute honk and squeezed out from behind her giving her a stare. This lady took offence of my honking and tries to revenge by sneaking up behind my car and honking like I did. Sheesh, situations one has to face amidst already irritating conditions. Later I let her pass me and few cars and then I joined back in to continue my drive.
A good mix CD of your favorite tracks DOES help ALL the time.
Old 23rd June 2013, 17:41   #5424
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

While waiting to turn right from 100 feet Road, Indiranagar onto 13th Main (Sai baba temple, NDK Kalyana Mandira road) which is a 1 way, I found this gigantic cement truck coming out of the same road in the opposite direction blatantly breaking the 1 way rule
There was a cop who had a conversation with the driver and another guy but don't know what happened, I don't think he was fined/challaned
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-13th-main.jpg

Last edited by NPV : 23rd June 2013 at 17:43.
Old 23rd June 2013, 22:41   #5425
BHPian

Spotted this guy at Kormangala.

Dont know the exact location. If you take Left, you go towards Sarjapur road / HSR signal.

500ContyCruiser is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2013, 22:51   #5426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post

Dont know the exact location. If you take Left, you go towards Sarjapur road / HSR signal.
That's the 1st block signal. Go right towards Madiwala and St. John's hospital; go left towards ORR/Sarjapur/HSR layout.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 24th June 2013 at 07:43. Reason: Removed link
Old 24th June 2013, 00:48   #5427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
This is EPIC Caught on Cam !! I am absolutely speechless at the guts of this man. I would rather be happy, if he turns up in the accidents thread.
Old 24th June 2013, 01:09   #5428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
This is EPIC Caught on Cam !! I am absolutely speechless at the guts of this man. I would rather be happy, if he turns up in the accidents thread.
I was like when I saw this guy coming. My only fear was, hope he does not scratch my car with all the circus of saving few drops of petrol!

Mounted GoPro Hero3 in car. Looking forward to capture some !ncredible Indian's in action

Last edited by 500ContyCruiser : 24th June 2013 at 01:33.
500ContyCruiser is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2013, 16:44   #5429
Senior - BHPian

saw this silver Swift (KA-53-MA-5054) in the opposite lane on the Graphite India road driving very rash and at high speed. you see the gray bike on the right; this guy almost rammed into him, swerved at the last moment (would have hit me too if he hit the biker).

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_3240.jpg

the Swift had a LTD on the front bumper
Old 25th June 2013, 17:14   #5430
BHPian

Yesterday evening around 7PM, on Western Express Highway, just in front on Nesco (& before Hub Mall), a white Honda Jazz (nbr - MH 02-- x923) with LTD sticker , cut in front of me so rashly (that too in the heavy office traffic), I had to stand on my brakes to avoid getting dented in front and as dominoes effect the poor drivers behind me had to do the same.

Wondering if the x923 driver is reading this now & understands what driving responsibly means!!!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks