Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2013, 01:52   #5431
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Had a run in with a 2012 White Honda City that was being driven quite rashly all the way from Hosmat Hospital till Sony World signal. This nut was cutting and over-taking every single minute from the moment I spotted him at Hosmat till he deviated away at Sony World. He nearly collided with a LR Evoque, an Innova carrying a senior police officer, an auto carrying school children, an activa with a lady and her child hugging her as pillion, a cow crossing the road near NGV-passport office. I was hoping that somebody would stop him and thrash the mad dog behind the wheel.

Was not able to click a picture purely because I could not keep up with his antics. At one point, I found myself driving rash just to catch up to him and backed off.
At every signal, his number plate was blocked by a vehicle behind him.
Old 26th June 2013, 10:33   #5432
BHPian

This Logan was behind me on ORR near Kasturinagar with his hazard lights blinking.
First I thought there maybe something wrong with the vehicle.
But he was fast and overtook me from the left. That's when I saw him talking on the mobile.

What an idea!! You want to attend a call? Switch-on your hazard lights and keep driving and talking, others will stay away....
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dsc_0489.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dsc_0490.jpg  

Old 29th June 2013, 10:43   #5433
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday I took the BETL in the morning, bought the 2 way toll as I planned to return in the evening. On the way back around 5pm there were quite a few vehicles in line to get into the BETL, left most 2 lanes were free as they were for vehicles with the OBU (on board unit). I was in the lane just beside the first OBU lane.
There were 2 BETL staff manning the OBU lanes telling people to get in only if they have the OBU. As usual there were morons trying to ignore them and force their way into those lanes
The others started turning back and joined the non-OBU lanes at the back but some impatient guys cut into the lanes. There was an i10 who also tried to cut in to my lane and had made about 60% of his turn waiting to cut in at an angle. Near his car there was a makeshift lane divider made up of concrete blocks and a metallic sign post (looked like it was uprooted from some other place).
There was easily about 5-6 feet distance between my car and the car in front and from the i10's angle of turning it did not seem like he'll cut in right in front of me due to the makeshift divider. Once the vehicle in front moved towards the toll booth I also started moving in front slowly.
Suddenly the i10 charged ahead not only trying to overtake me but the car in front as well
He drove right over the metal sign post and there was a loud sound! The BETL staff ran towards his car and they were all looking at the bumper. Don't know what ensued as I moved ahead past the toll booth in a few seconds. The price one (sometimes) pays for impatience, indiscipline and arrogance!

Last edited by NPV : 29th June 2013 at 10:47.
Old 29th June 2013, 11:43   #5434
BHPian

Yesterday i too decided to take the betl after a really long time towards ec. I was shocked to see the number of big trucks that where. Moving on the flyover. These trucks where carrying 3 blocks of huge granite stones which where definitely way above the authorised limit. All of them where in a convoy mode and where cruising at a speed of not more than 25 to 30 km. Hope that the flyover will be able to handle this kind of stress. I pitty the regular commuters of the flyover for paying 60 and ending behind the slow moving traffic. Earlier was also using the flyover and fond that in evening time below road is faster and safer to commute due to the biker morrons
Old 29th June 2013, 11:49   #5435
Senior - BHPian

^ serves him right! These people are a real pain where the birds don't sing and the sun don't shine! The days when I used to travel to EC, almost everyday at least one person will try to be a smart arse and try to cut into my lane, that too without having a OBU unit!
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2013, 12:52   #5436
BHPian

Common sense is not common, and queue ettiquet is like finding needle in hay stack!

This happens daily on every toll booth, parking lines, traffic lights, etc. in our country. I don't understand why are these people so impatient. And doing so, they either damage there cars, or worse endanger themselves or others. And then because of ego, a road rage is never far. Pity.

But can't change a damn thing!
Old 29th June 2013, 14:59   #5437
Senior - BHPian

Tell me about impatient imbeciles! I was headed home last evening, and there was a White ANHC, KA-03-xx-5558 or something. This guy thought queues are for losers, and always barged ahead through the gaps, like those ricks and pest-like bikes that we encounter in the city. Oh, it was on the highway that he was showing his heroics. From E-city until Shoolagiri, I was forced to drive behind him. At Shoolagiri, i took a break, and then continued, hoping not to see this pea-headed moron. Surprise surprise surprise! Despite all that rash driving, he was in the adjacent queue at the Krishnagiri toll booth. What wasn't surprising was, he was trying to poke his nose into the adjacent lane, which, apparently was moving faster. Did I forget to say that he wasn't buckled up and cutting lanes without any indication? So, a perfect moron on the road
Old 29th June 2013, 17:36   #5438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Tell me about impatient imbeciles! I was headed home last evening, and there was a White ANHC, KA-03-xx-5558 or something. This guy thought queues are for losers, and always barged ahead through the gaps, like those ricks and pest-like bikes that we encounter in the city. Oh, it was on the highway that he was showing his heroics. From E-city until Shoolagiri, I was forced to drive behind him. At Shoolagiri, i took a break, and then continued, hoping not to see this pea-headed moron. Surprise surprise surprise! Despite all that rash driving, he was in the adjacent queue at the Krishnagiri toll booth. What wasn't surprising was, he was trying to poke his nose into the adjacent lane, which, apparently was moving faster. Did I forget to say that he wasn't buckled up and cutting lanes without any indication? So, a perfect moron on the road

Ha. Same chap was reported by me few days back in this same thread. Id only seen a partial portion of his number plate but I know that this is the same moron. See above 4-5 posts back. Please report this moron on BTP Facebook page and the public eye portal.
Old 1st July 2013, 17:34   #5439
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Team-BHP STICKERS are HERE! Post sightings & pics of them on your car...

I'd like to give a heads up to all BHPians. My wordings may not be exactly polite when I refer to a grey Hyundai i20 I saw today having a Team-BHP sticker. Out of civility I shall not refer to the registration number even after noting it down. The location was Bangalore Madiwala underpass road. This "person?" may have Live to Drive stickers in the rear of the car but doesn't appear to know the D of driving. For 10 minutes/300 meters he "roadjacked" 2 dozen vehicles behind him, not heeding to any lane change request, passing at 2 kmph dead centre in a road that has with difficulty, 2 lanes. This sighting was not pleasant by any means. I'm angry because this was not because of lack of driving sense (even if he was a L, he had no sticker > violation 2) , just that he was busy chitchatting on phone (violation no.3) and doing his hair while clutch-riding when the traffic ahead was quite clear and doing decent speeds. 2 wide open wing mirrors ensured even a 2 wheeler would have a hard time. It wasn't car trouble either as he zoomed off (with a heavy jerk)

I've been a reader of this forum for a long time, I joined to be part of a forum that respects road rules, is against speeding and tries to make the roads which are our home for those few hours, a better place. My only request is to show some kind of civility and courtesy when on the road, specially when one endorses a forum that does the same, instead of mocking those who have actual work to do and mind the rules. I'm aghast at the state of things in this city, I've never changed lanes in knee-jerk or held vehicles behind me hostage, or prodded anyone to go faster than they are comfortable with, but all I get in return is absolute anarchy, as if dealing with private/public transport vehicles was not bad enough. What am I to do?

Please respect the road like you do, the sticker, or else you are giving every one of us BHPians a bad name.
Old 1st July 2013, 21:04   #5440
Senior - BHPian

Helmets are not actually meant for carrying on your hands, they are meant to be worn on the head while driving. And these days I see a lot of two wheeler riders with a bad habit of going and stopping on the zebra crossing.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-20130624_095958.jpg
Old 1st July 2013, 21:32   #5441
BHPian

Came across an idiot driver today evening, I was driving in a slow moving traffic on a four lane road in the right lane. The left lane was also packed and there was no chance to give way others to overtake. This road is normally like that in evening till a junction. An idiot kept on flashing and honking for some time as if I am blocking his way. He had no option but to follow me for 300 meters till we reached the junction.
Don't know why people are so impatient..
Old 1st July 2013, 21:50   #5442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Helmets are not actually meant for carrying on your hands, they are meant to be worn on the head while driving.
Com'on, India is over populated, let few souls reduce; atleast the population will reduce a bit. Only thing need to worry is, some unfortunate soul who is driving properly is not victim of these guys!

What can be said when people do not care of their own lives. How will they care for others?
Old 2nd July 2013, 13:57   #5443
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't know what to term this Omni driver/ owner with which I had a close shave eventually this morning.

I was riding my bike to work and there was a white Omni ahead of me. Suddenly without any indication or signals, the Omni swerves and goes to the extreme left & parks. In the process, I along with another fellow biker need to brake hard so as to avoid being hit by the side profile of the car.

When I move a little forward after recovering, I see the guy taking out his mobile phone and conversing happily over it. I was amused to say the least. Makes me wonder that being half good is as dangerous as being bad! (or may be even more in this case)
Old 2nd July 2013, 14:03   #5444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
lane discipline !!!!!! if anybody has the b***s to impliment this one single thing, our roads would become, faster, safer and better for life in general !!!
I will echo this statement from the first page, made in 2005. I absolutely fail to understand lane straddlers and worse still, lane shifters who do not bother to use the indicator. Clearly they weren't taught the basics of driving.
RoadTrippin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2013, 14:26   #5445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTrippin View Post
I will echo this statement from the first page, made in 2005. I absolutely fail to understand lane straddlers and worse still, lane shifters who do not bother to use the indicator. Clearly they weren't taught the basics of driving.
I try to stick on to my lane when ever possible but you know what happens? I just become a part of convoy of slow moving trucks and all others just zoom ahead

We are forced to be bit more dynamic and prudently change lanes till the rule is enforced so that our society is also uplifted to that level. But always signal clearly so that no ambiguity left for other cars ending up in trouble.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks