Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2013, 17:39   #5461
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
Not sure if this has been posted here. Please delete if its duplicate.
Will be interesting to watch the full episode / season.
The guy in the Red Mini must have pissed in his pants !!! His expressions were priceless.
Sometimes, I feel proud to be an Indian Motorist. Foreigners respect us for surviving the Indian Roads.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 17:46   #5462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
The guy in the Red Mini must have pissed in his pants !!! His expressions were priceless.
Sometimes, I feel proud to be an Indian Motorist. Foreigners respect us for surviving the Indian Roads.
One of the comment's on the video says,
Quote:
Vv hese 2 months ago
This has been flagged as spam
One thing i wanna say tat an indian driver can drive any vehicle any part of the world, bt an international driver cannot able to drive in india..
There was a similar instance when IRT - Himalayas came. Of that one guy had to leave the show cause of *our* road manners.
Old 4th July 2013, 21:51   #5463
BHPian

Today met two scooter riders on typically modified Honda Dio in a busy traffic junction on Mumbai - Pune road. While the entire motorists were waiting and approximately 30 secs remaining for turning it green. These guys zoomed past by waving at traffic cop. The cop acknowledged the same.

What to call those riders..?
Old 4th July 2013, 22:36   #5464
BHPian

Quote:
From what I observed , the foreigners are kind of appalled and amused at the situation over here. They find it amusing to see people wriggle on roads better than worms on trees and they also find it appalling at the scant disregard for human life we have here.
I had the opportunity of taking visiting clients around and that's exactly the reaction I got from them. The count is 24 and counting.
Old 5th July 2013, 01:14   #5465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
His name is Richard Hammond, I am little surprised have you not watched any of the episodes from Topgear Series. If not, please watch it, its one awesome series.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...ml#post3167842
Old 5th July 2013, 08:54   #5466
BHPian

I'd like to know here by TBHPians, in the following video; who is/are at fault?
The Volvo driver was indeed at fault, but do we blame bikers for using both lanes as well considering they were doing highway speeds?

Old 5th July 2013, 12:20   #5467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divya Sharan View Post
I'd like to know here by TBHPians, in the following video; who is/are at fault?
The Volvo driver was indeed at fault, but do we blame bikers for using both lanes as well considering they were doing highway speeds?
Yes both parties are at fault. The Volvo guy paid his price for his folly (Mind you its sheer stupidity and suicidal act, and not a mistake to ride on no road/off road at such speeds).
The bikers too are at fault for hogging the whole road. It is mandatory that the fast lane/overtaking lane be kept free at all times except when you are overtaking someone. they had no business riding like that.

Sadly I see it was a bad outcome of Ego clashes between the bikers and the car driver.

Last edited by bblost : 5th July 2013 at 12:21. Reason: removed embedded video
Old 5th July 2013, 12:26   #5468
BHPian

^^^Yes I agree that one must not use both lanes, but the bikers weren't lane hogging actually. They were all doing good speeds and the car overtaking them would mean breaking the speed limit by a good margin. Also, it is claimed that there were 400 bikers in the group.

Source - http://jalopnik.com/watch-an-idiot-d...cles-471277867
Old 5th July 2013, 21:12   #5469
BHPian

After a months time visited Gurgaon. Delhi/NCR traffic meet my expectation every time i hit the road.
Bad Drivers?
I can spot them anywhere ,anytime I want.
Here are a couple of pics.

Approaching the toll, spotted this couple of impatient morons trying to enter the queue at the last possible minute.
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-wp_000448.jpg

This one with a big L
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-wp_000449.jpg
Old 6th July 2013, 18:20   #5470
Senior - BHPian

This Ritz guy seen in the background coolly broke 2 rules -
  1. Broke a red signal and turned right on the Poona Hospital 2 wheeler bridge.
  2. Blatantly flouted the rules and drove towards the hospital on the 2 wheeler bridge.
I could see that he was a young guy in his twenties. If only I had been a tad earlier at the junction, I would have liked to get a snap of him with his number plate and to have sent it to Pune Police. Needless to say except for 1 person wearing a helmet, none of the other 2 wheeler riders are!! So much for the helmet rule in Pune ...

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dsc_0061.jpg
Old 6th July 2013, 22:14   #5471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Needless to say except for 1 person wearing a helmet, none of the other 2 wheeler riders are!! So much for the helmet rule in Pune ...
In southern states helmet usage is strictly enforced by police. In Pune police personnel never use helmets, so how can they ask others.
Old 6th July 2013, 22:26   #5472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
In southern states helmet usage is strictly enforced by police. In Pune police personnel never use helmets, so how can they ask others.
In Mumbai, helmet usage is enforced strictly. I have seen cops stopping the ones without helmet and imposing fines as well. Don't know about Pune though.

I feel, this is one of the most basic safety features that has to be implemented very very strictly.
Old 6th July 2013, 22:44   #5473
Senior - BHPian

Red Swift number ending 6770 driving on the wrong side of the road at high speed at ESI hospital signal, Indiranagar to squeeze through the signal before it goes red. Guess what! It had a LTD on the rear bumper!

Old 6th July 2013, 22:53   #5474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
In Mumbai, helmet usage is enforced strictly. I have seen cops stopping the ones without helmet and imposing fines as well.
I admire Mumbai traffic police. They swiftly appear to challan signal jumpers from now where. Another incident comes to my mind, during last monsoon I visited Mumbai. When I reached Chembur area, a small group of traffic cops trying to fill pot holes with gravels. I could not believe my eyes.
Old 6th July 2013, 23:11   #5475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
I admire Mumbai traffic police. They swiftly appear to challan signal jumpers from now where.
How I wish they were that strict to offences which do not warrant heavy fines. Driving on the wrong side, ill-kept vehicles and lane cutting as well.
Quote:
Another incident comes to my mind, during last monsoon I visited Mumbai. When I reached Chembur area, a small group of traffic cops trying to fill pot holes with gravels. I could not believe my eyes.
They do tend to surprise you when you least expect them to. There was an image posted in the 'Mumbai Traffic' thread about how a policeman was helping to ease traffic himself standing in knee deep water. You do have 'gems' in here as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks