Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by watashi75 View Post
Sometimes you can identify bad drivers even before they start driving from -

1. The way they park their cars
2. The way their ORVMs are folded
3. The way they pile up luggage blocking their rear glass
4. Scratches on all sides of the car
Absolutely agree!!! I have been driving with the help of 3 mirrors for a long time now and even in heavy traffic, allows one to be prepared of that odd bikewallah who thinks he can squeeze himself and bike even through a 1cm gap.
Old 11th March 2009, 14:45   #542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Absolutely agree!!! I have been driving with the help of 3 mirrors for a long time now and even in heavy traffic, allows one to be prepared of that odd bikewallah who thinks he can squeeze himself and bike even through a 1cm gap.
Absolutely agree with what you've said. But.... the text in bold......that's where I find myself helpless!
I can SEE it's going to happen and I can do little about it except hear that dreadful kllrrrreeeeecchhhh!
Do you actually manage to prevent it?
Old 11th March 2009, 14:54   #543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Absolutely agree with what you've said. But.... the text in bold......that's where I find myself helpless!
I can SEE it's going to happen and I can do little about it except hear that dreadful kllrrrreeeeecchhhh!
Do you actually manage to prevent it?
YES!!!

As T-BHP Hyderabad folks know, I wash the exterior of the car once in 15 days so that white clad bikewallah doesn't dare come near my car and get their attire dirtied.

This technic has worked beautifully for the last 4 years

Last edited by MileCruncher : 11th March 2009 at 14:58.
Old 11th March 2009, 15:25   #544
BHPian

Quote:
YES!!!

As T-BHP Hyderabad folks know, I wash the exterior of the car once in 15 days so that white clad bikewallah doesn't dare come near my car and get their attire dirtied.
this i agree.his car is like it was excavated from either mohenjodaro or harrappa.

when he actually washes it there is this big pile of mud which forms around the car.lol.
Old 11th March 2009, 15:27   #545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...so that white clad bikewallah doesn't dare come near my car and get their attire dirtied.
Woe be upon them, these guys in Delhi always wear a 'protective jacket'!
They really don't care what happens to it; it's usually that wind cheater material easy-clean type!
Old 11th March 2009, 15:32   #546
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Woe be upon them, these guys in Delhi always wear a 'protective jacket'!
They really don't care what happens to it; it's usually that wind cheater material easy-clean type!
Used to drive in Delhi and used majorly commute these road: Dwarka - South Delhi, South Delhi - Faridabad, Noida Mod - Gurgaon

Believe this technique really works, wind cheater or no wind cheater.

Suggest you to try this for one week.
Old 11th March 2009, 16:05   #547
Senior - BHPian

The worst drivers - the ones who chase ambulances to get leeway in traffic! there was this tavera taxi that pulled this manoeuver on me yesterday on GST road. I went to the extreme right in busy traffic to let an ambulance pass and was coming back on to the lane proper (away from the 2 foot granite divider), when this guy goes honking flashing lights past me. First i thought he might be accompanying the Ambulance, but no, he was doing all kinds of crazy stunts on the road, to stay with the ambulance! Thankfully, we hit the clear airport flyover and I went past that a** with ease! Felt so much better!
Old 11th March 2009, 16:16   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahir View Post
Few things that just drive me crazy

2. People who will drive between 2 lanes
This happens in Hyderabad quite frequently. Once I was a passenger in a car driven by my colleague, and he was driving his car exactly in the middle of the two lanes. I asked him if he knew the significance of that white dotted line on the road, and yes he promptly said that "Thats for visibility in the night" .
Old 11th March 2009, 17:56   #549
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
4. Scratches on all sides of the car
I don't claim to be a good driver, but try my utmost to maintain a scratch-free car. I am VERY VERY WARY of other cars closing up on me, which appear to have owners/drivers who love banger racing. Also equally wary of SUVs with bull bars all round.
Old 11th March 2009, 18:10   #550
Senior - BHPian

A bit off topic. ( PJ Alert !!!)
http://i41.tinypic.com/1zq5abt.jpg
Another problem caused by bad drivers
Old 11th March 2009, 19:04   #551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
A bit off topic. ( PJ Alert !!!)
http://i41.tinypic.com/1zq5abt.jpg
Another problem caused by bad drivers
Is there a way to spot these bad drivers?
Are they found zipping around inside the monitor or the CPU?
Old 11th March 2009, 19:10   #552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is there a way to spot these bad drivers?
Are they found zipping around inside the monitor or the CPU?
OT - : Anupji you can find them zipping around the CPU

Quote:
Originally Posted by watashi75
Sometimes you can identify bad drivers even before they start driving from -

Answers in BOLD

1. The way they park their cars - FROM THIS HOW CAN YOU IDENTIFY THE WAY HE DRIVES
2. The way their ORVMs are folded - ORVM WHILE PARKED needs to be closed
3. The way they pile up luggage blocking their rear glass - How does this matter when you can use your both side RVM
4. Scratches on all sides of the car - While parked the children and hawkers do scratches, why to blame drivers

Last edited by gowda79 : 11th March 2009 at 19:15.
Old 12th March 2009, 01:40   #553
Senior - BHPian

bad drivers-
1)Habitual honkers
2)Wont let a car pass even if they are slower
3)Brake at the very last moment
4)Always be at left most lane during the red lights when they will actually have to turn right
5)cut across lanes
6)try racing jap petrol sedans with there diesel sipping so called 'SUVs'.(Read-scorpio,safari,bolero).No offence to owners of these vehicles unless they too do the same.
7)Turn without indicating.
8)One hand off the wheel and on the cellphone.
9)Will stare at you as if they may eat you whole if you happen to somehow pass them when they wont give you the way
10)Will overtake you at double the speed to show there 'mine bigger than yours' attitude,(again mostly suv owners) even when they may have to stop just 50 metres ahead.
Old 12th March 2009, 07:31   #554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Answers in BOLD

1. The way they park their cars - FROM THIS HOW CAN YOU IDENTIFY THE WAY HE DRIVES
2. The way their ORVMs are folded - ORVM WHILE PARKED needs to be closed
3. The way they pile up luggage blocking their rear glass - How does this matter when you can use your both side RVM
4. Scratches on all sides of the car - While parked the children and hawkers do scratches, why to blame drivers
Not sure if you are trying to pull my leg. But let me clarify.
1. A person who parks on driveways, street corners, blocks someone's driver side door, or obstructs traffic in any way is a bad driver. Any driver who is inconsiderate to fellow road users is a bad driver.
2. I had clarified this to supremeBaleno, so I assume you did not read the subsequent posts.
3. No comments on this one. But a good driver would never drive by luck or prayer!
4. A driver who has scant respect for his own car will have even scantier respect for other people's cars. In all probability it is not his own car.
Old 12th March 2009, 09:36   #555
BHPian

Quote:
4. A driver who has scant respect for his own car will have even scantier respect for other people's cars. In all probability it is not his own car.
Your really stirring a hornet's nest here arent you?! What makes you think that there is even a 1% chance of some member of tbhp here who doesnt have "scant respect" for his car? Also, what makes you think that there are people out there who arent members of tbhp who dont have "scant respect" for their cars?
As I mentioned in my previous post, the chances of you getting damaged when you have stopped at a signal or are stationary is very very high in India. Just because a person has scratches on his car doesnt mean that you can typecast them as not caring for their car and being a bad driver. Are you telling me that your going to drive around with pillows tied to your carto protect it from people hitting you?
Indian roads are unforgiving. There are idiots on bikes who will do anything to get to the front of the lot even if it means they have to hit about 10 ORVMs on the way. In fact I got hit yesterday at a signal by some joker, but that doesnt stop me from keeping my ORVM open because I cant drive without it, and because I am doing my part to keep the roads safe.
This is a public forum and you are entitled to your opinion. Forgive me if I have been rude to you, but let me tell you - about 75% of tbhp members, including me, have suffered at the hands of unruly people -who cant drive/ride with the least inkling of discipline- inspite of taking total care of our cars, and we are all extremely irritated by the pathetic traffic situation in this country which resembles a crash derby. Add to it these altos, 800s, and santros who use those black bumpers turning them into bumper cars that think they can bounce off any other car.
The last thing we need is someone coming and making comments about how people who have scratches on their cars are poor drivers. Again, sorry if I've been rude, the above is just my humble opinion.

Last edited by pras.oct25 : 12th March 2009 at 09:40.

Most Viewed