Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

How NOT to exit a parking lot

Warwithwheels is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th October 2013, 13:08   #5717
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Is queue jumping considered bad driving?
This happened at the DG Expressway toll plaza
Queue jumping is not just bad driving, absolutely horrible driving.
I have had many arguments and some bit of road rage, not to let in any queue jumpers. Which is why I generally forget the "1 car gap rule" in these kind of bumper to bumper traffic. I know everyone will bash me, but then, that's how it works in India. You need to bully the illegal morons, or you will be at the end of the queue and never move ahead.

Must say, appreciate your patience to let that idiot in.
I can find myself in the seat of the Innova guy behind you, who was honking, not to let that idiot in.

This leads me to thinking many times, why don't the toll plaza set up the divider from atleast 500-700mts before the counter.
In that way, people who have patiently waited to reach the toll counter, can pay the toll and move smoothly, without having a moron bullying into the counter.

The main reason for jumping the queue is to reach the counter first. If the divider restricts one vehicle per lane from 500-700mts before the counter, I guess many of these morons would fall in place. They would have to follow for atleast 10 mins, which will make probably turn them into patient souls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
How NOT to exit a parking lot
This one is EPIC !!
Old 15th October 2013, 14:11   #5718
Senior - BHPian

Bad driver spotted yesterday evening. I was going towards Aundh on Senapati Bapat road. While everyone was driving sedately and quietly; suddenly a white Santro comes up from nowhere. HID lamps, out-of-the-wheel-well thick tyres, snazzy alloy wheels. This person is driving insanely; cutting in and out of lanes and honking like mad. He was overtaking and passing everyone very dangerously. Worst part was that he had put a got-bhp? sticker above the rear number plate. Before I could read his numberplate he vanished into the thick traffic.
Old 15th October 2013, 15:28   #5719
BHPian

A white i20 (WB-06E-something) with REALLY bright HIDs', a clothes-hanger type spoiler and ugly looking under-body LEDs' really made my blood boil a couple of days ago.

The guy driving seemed to have a death wish for himself, his friends riding in his car and all the people nearby. He came up speeding from behind with really loud music playing, blaring his horn and Dipper switched-on (HIDs'). I could clearly make out what song was playing in his car over what was playing in mine!

All the while he was behind me, I was really nervous about him running into the back of my Altis. He was literally following me a few inches from my rear-bumper! All along he had his dipper switched-on and was honking, though there was no space to let him pass on the one-lane road. I allowed him to pass me on a slightly wider one-way road further on. The moment he passed me I flicked on my dipper, which are also very bright HIDs' (Tit-for-Tat!)

To top it off, within 20 seconds of passing me he nearly got into a very nasty accident. We were driving along a one-way + one-lane road with space for parking on the left. An innocent Santro driver was parallel parking, resulting in the front-right corner of his car to stick out into moving traffic for a moment. The i20 guy tried to zoom through only to realize there wasn't enough space. He slammed on his brakes and got his car sideways! (It was drizzling lightly and that made the road surface slippery). How he missed hitting the Santro is something I'll never get over. Obviously he didn't stop nor did he sober down. He continued weaving and driving like a maniac. I turned off at the next crossing and he continued straight on.

The guy's suicidal driving made me secretly wish that he drove into a tree or a wall. Such specimens do not deserve second chances considering the way they put innocent and law-abiding road users at risk. Apologies for being so nasty, but I have no sympathy for such fools. They deserve to get hurt.

Cheers!
Old 15th October 2013, 15:47   #5720
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
The main reason for jumping the queue is to reach the counter first. If the divider restricts one vehicle per lane from 500-700mts before the counter, I guess many of these morons would fall in place.
The situation is still the same even if you have the divider 1 km or 2 kms away. These guys will not learn and understand discipline. They just feel that they are the only ones working and have to reach the destination early, faster than others. Nuisance caused due to this behaviour is not to their understanding.

The main problem is where the traffic has to merge from two or three or multiple lanes to a single lane at toll booths so they bully at the entry of the toll booth point. According to your way of keeping the divider 500 - 750 mts farther would decrease this problem??! I would say a NO. It will not help as these guys would bully at that merging point again so the traffic jam would happen anyway (I hope you got my point and what I'm trying to convey).

Anurag.
Old 15th October 2013, 16:22   #5721
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This leads me to thinking many times, why don't the toll plaza set up the divider from atleast 500-700mts before the counter.
In that way, people who have patiently waited to reach the toll counter, can pay the toll and move smoothly, without having a moron bullying into the counter.

The main reason for jumping the queue is to reach the counter first. If the divider restricts one vehicle per lane from 500-700mts before the counter, I guess many of these morons would fall in place. They would have to follow for atleast 10 mins, which will make probably turn them into patient souls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
According to your way of keeping the divider 500 - 750 mts farther would decrease this problem??! I would say a NO. It will not help as these guys would bully at that merging point again so the traffic jam would happen anyway (I hope you got my point and what I'm trying to convey).
I would tend to agree with Anurag. The queue jumper now jumps the queue that much distance ahead of the toll booth. It can get dangerous too, because having such a long distance before the toll booth would mean vehicles would still be in highway speeds and any sudden change in direction to avoid such morons can prove fatal.
Old 15th October 2013, 16:43   #5722
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post

I would tend to agree with Anurag. The queue jumper now jumps the queue that much distance ahead of the toll booth. It can get dangerous too, because having such a long distance before the toll booth would mean vehicles would still be in highway speeds and any sudden change in direction to avoid such morons can prove fatal.
Agree with silversteed. These dividers are going to fatal as the cars will be at 80-100 kmph and when the driver spots a divider with a narrow lane, it is a perfect recipe for head-on collision.

Anurag.
Old 15th October 2013, 23:07   #5723
Distinguished - BHPian

Putting the lane dividers some distance before doesn't solve the problem at all. In addition to probably proving to be a risk to drivers still driving at highway speeds, it still proves futile in stopping these morons. They then break the line at that point or the point which is the last entry point possible. I have seen this happen on the Delhi Gurgaon expressway crossing. The problem is these morons do not have any hurry. They just don't have a concept of lane driving, road sense and etiquette. Its against there pride to be be in a queue.
Old 16th October 2013, 09:22   #5724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
OT
Is that your car? If yes can you kindly share details of your dashboard camera? If you have already posted details of it, please post a link.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
+1. Please do share the details.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
Appreciate your patience you still let someone join in ahead of you. I wish I had same level of patience

Some details about the DVR recorder please. The quality is superb.
Quote:

Must say, appreciate your patience to let that idiot in.
I can find myself in the seat of the Innova guy behind you, who was honking, not to let that idiot in.
Thanks a lot! I always remain patient while in my car and follow traffic rules and road discipline as far as possible!
That sometimes comes off as being 'weak' to the undisciplined and bullying drivers.

Btw the camera is 'BlackVue DR400G-HD II'. Its quite amazing.
I got it through a friend from amazon.com

If you are in the market for one, I'd recommend the new model DR500GW-HD as it has can be viewed live on iphone or android devices via wifi!

Last edited by sohail99 : 16th October 2013 at 09:26.
sohail99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2013, 11:54   #5725

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Bad driver spotted yesterday evening. I was going towards Aundh on Senapati Bapat road. While everyone was driving sedately and quietly; suddenly a white Santro comes up from nowhere. HID lamps, out-of-the-wheel-well thick tyres, snazzy alloy wheels. This person is driving insanely; cutting in and out of lanes and honking like mad. He was overtaking and passing everyone very dangerously. Worst part was that he had put a got-bhp? sticker above the rear number plate. Before I could read his numberplate he vanished into the thick traffic.
I have seen that dude a couple of times in and around those areas. Another team-bhpian with a VW Polo cut me off near Rakshak Chowk last Sunday, suddenly changing lanes. I honked and politely told him that you swerved lanes without using any blinkers. This shaven head dude, sitting with his wife I presume, told me that he did not need to learn how to drive from me. Get well soon, dude!
Old 16th October 2013, 16:48   #5726
Senior - BHPian

Two examples of morons on roads:

1. Thinks headlights are for show, even at night, and also tries to cut across without watching for traffic:

He had the audacity to start shouting because the I (and the other cars behind me) didn't stop and get down to pay respects to His-Hollowness peep-driver as he cut across.

2. A rather common kind:

Old 16th October 2013, 18:31   #5727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehuljain2k View Post
I have seen that dude a couple of times in and around those areas. Another team-bhpian with a VW Polo cut me off near Ra
That's sad. Did you note the number of his Polo? Also any hint about sticker placement?
Old 16th October 2013, 22:59   #5728
BHPian

It appears to me that we are having high expectations from our fellow members. Reminds me of a member justifying lane hogging in another thread. Even after being corrected by someone, he stood his ground. It just goes on to show that our forum is also populated by the 'average' road users out there.

Last evening we were overtaken by a white Ecosport with DL number and Team Bhp sticker. In the process of overtaking us near INA it crossed the yellow line, meaning it was momentarily on the wrong side. At that point of time I thought 'another reckless driver sporting Team Bhp sticker', reminding of few posts is past few days in this thread. We were together all throughout Barapullah Nalla flyover. He turned out to be quite a sedate driver: not too fast, stuck mostly to his lane.
Old 16th October 2013, 23:52   #5729
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
In the process of overtaking us near INA it crossed the yellow line, meaning it was momentarily on the wrong side. At that point of time I thought 'another reckless driver sporting Team Bhp sticker', reminding of few posts is past few days in this thread. We were together all throughout Barapullah Nalla flyover. He turned out to be quite a sedate driver: not too fast, stuck mostly to his lane.
Offtopic but I have to admit that I have done that too at times. In and around the roads of India gate. If there is no traffic coming in the opposite lane and the car ahead is not letting me go ahead, I have overtaken by going across.
Old 17th October 2013, 10:08   #5730
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
May be these guys should be charged with 10 times the toll amount on the spot. However tolls like Attibele requires dividers at least a Km before because some times the queue is too long to find whether we are in the right queue or not. Once I was caught on the wrong queue and had to merge with the right one near the counter.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks