Old 13th February 2014, 22:42   #6031
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post

8th Oct 2012, evening:

17th Oct 2012, evening:

22nd Oct 2012, afternoon:
Lol! I thought you were posting pics of my car. I have the same car in same color .

Some people are always like this. May be they are unaware of this. Or may find it difficult to park correctly. My old room mate could never park this SLK within the space. He even fixed fish-eye mirrors to help in parking. There is another lady in my apartment driving a 5-series who never parks correctly. Either she takes up two spaces or she parks in such a way that no one can park in the adjacent spot.
Old 15th February 2014, 09:41   #6032
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Scene from this morning:
I was at the Old Madras Road-Suranjan Das Road signal waiting to turn right towards C V Raman Nagar. A Qualis Police vehicle zooms to the middle of the intersection and turns to right slightly, ready to make a quick turn when the signal turns green.
Before the signal turns green, the driver of the Qualis sees there are no vehicles from the right side (Suranjan Das Road) and he quickly turns right while the light is still Red, yes he seems to be in a tearing hurry! After just about 2-3 seconds, the light turns green and rest of the traffic including myself also turn. About 500 metres ahead, I see the Qualis is stopped and the driver is outside relieving himself by the roadside, so all this behaviour of his was because of the call of nature so he maybe he can be forgiven as it was a medical emergency !
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2014, 11:47   #6033
BHPian

I was on my way to Jaipur from New Delhi via the NH-8. The road has several bad drivers throughout.

I came across this person who was not only seen coming from the opposite direction but without a helmet. What to say about such idiots who seems to have lost love for their lives .

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-bad-drivers.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-bad-drivers2.jpg

A thought that kept crossing my mind time and again was that , we talk about change in system, expect too much from authorities but when it comes to living a disciplined life we choose to look the other way.

Imagine for a moment, if this man who seems to be in his 50's is not caring for rules and regulations then what kind of value system he would have inculcated in his children. Will there be an end to such indiscipline on roads. I really think "No".

Last edited by mints21 : 15th February 2014 at 11:53.
mints21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2014, 09:40   #6034
Team-BHP Support

When we went out for having our dinner yesterday around 9:30 PM, we witnessed a massive chaos at a major junction. 5 guys were driving on the wrong side, 3 out of them drove/rode all the way back to the junction blocking the entire traffic for over 5 minutes. People went berserk honking and abusing these guys!

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-wp_20140216_22_09_55_pro.jpg

Seriously, we were astonished how daft can some people get! They could have taken a U-turn just 200 m ahead of the road but instead chose to reverse their car/bike in a one-way road and created an unwanted ruckus!
Old 17th February 2014, 10:59   #6035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
5 guys were driving on the wrong side, 3 out of them drove/rode all the way back to the junction blocking the entire traffic for over 5 minutes. People went berserk honking and abusing these guys!
Absolute Crackpots ! People had enough time to pull them out and thrash them, lucky for those idiots they didnt Wasnt there any cop around ?
Old 17th February 2014, 11:08   #6036
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
Wasnt there any cop around ?
None! And usually cops are a bit lenient here so people take advantage of them. We badly need traffic signals (and strict cops!) at a lot of junctions here in Surat.
Old 17th February 2014, 13:48   #6037
BHPian

Quote:
...we witnessed a massive chaos at a major junction. 5 guys were driving on the wrong side, 3 out of them drove/rode all the way back to the junction blocking the entire traffic for over 5 minutes. People went berserk honking and abusing these guys!
Quote:
we were astonished how daft can some people get! They could have taken a U-turn just 200 m ahead of the road but instead chose to reverse their car/bike in a one-way road and created an unwanted ruckus!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
...Wasnt there any cop around ?
Quote:
None! And usually cops are a bit lenient here so people take advantage of them. We badly need traffic signals (and strict cops!) at a lot of junctions here in Surat.
Having been born and brought up in this state, I am appalled by the current state of on-road manners prevalent here.

Except Ahmedabad and the Capital city of Gandhinagar, traffic in all cities is currently managed by “God”, if I can say so!

Talking about my hometown; Baroda, whenever I am there, I don’t see traffic cops in khaki, but some apprentices who are dressed in navy blue trousers and white shirts, with a stick in their hand. There are traffic signals installed at all places where they should, but only a handful of there are functional (functional mainly near the station, Kala Ghoda and Nizampura circle areas).

These so called apprentices try to govern the flow of traffic, but there’s hardly anyone obeying them; why? It simple, they don’t have the authority to challan anyone. There is no traffic inspector who can be approached by these funny men in case someone is caught violating a traffic rule.

Who will the aam-junta fear if there is no authority around? I know it’s about inculcating these habits on your own, because they are for your own good, but this point is way too far to be driven home. Majority of the attitude seen here is “chalta hai”. Cops should start manning the roads and fine the offenders, only then will a sense of fear be established among the people.

Further, these apprentices let go off traffic from one end even before the flow from its adjoining end has been stopped. This results in a jam right at the centre of the junction.

There is no helmet rule; even if it is there no one is following it. Once in blue moon, when the authorities have to meet targets, they will randomly start targeting people and challan for all absurd reasons.

There are hardly any designated parking spaces and the less said about it, the better. Once can almost park the vehicle anywhere in the city, except some places where the tow vehicle is hyper active.

Umpteen times I have encountered vehicles barging in on the driver side door, only to stop in the nick of time, even though the signal on my end is green and theirs red. Upon highlighting this, the only response I have got till date is – “so what??”

Believe me, the “rants on Bangalore traffic situation” thread will be full of praises if one drives for a fortnight in these cities and comes back!!
Old 17th February 2014, 14:14   #6038
Senior - BHPian

Is there a cut-off time beyond which we're not required to follow the traffic signals?

Last night, I thought there is something of that sort. Was headed home after visiting Forum mall, Koramangala. On all signals after Silk Board flyover, towards E-City, despite the signal being green for through traffic, the cross traffic didn't stop, and one particular biker who had a woman and two kids (one on the petrol tank, and the other precariously held by the woman) also on the bike, tried a suicidal act of trying to cross the road while an SETC bus, a KaSRTC red & white bus and I were going full on on the horn and flashing headlights while crossing the GB Palaya signal. I don't think 9:20pm is too late in the night, and the traffic wasn't really thin.

Wonder what kind of a parent that biker is!
Old 19th February 2014, 10:27   #6039
BHPian

KA 02Z 8402. Silver Wagon R. Sporting a Got Bhp? sticker.

Location - ORR near Nagarbhavi, Bangalore.

Note to the driver (irrespective of him being a BHPian or not):
Sir, overtaking from the left while brushing other vehicles RVMs isn't a good idea. Plus, the way you passed between 2 buses in front was scary to say the least. Moreover, your >15 sec honking habits are very irritating.

P.S - this person had no urgency because I saw the car parked 1 km ahead of me and a guy smoking with his hand on the bonnet. Infuriated me to heights.
Divya Sharan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2014, 21:43   #6040
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Spotted this palio gtx on paud road at about 8.15pm. Now this dude was first trying to push me out of my lane the he went ahead and formed a new lane between the first two lanes. After the signal went green you flew to the left and then again to the right and went towards chandni chowk. I just wanted to tell you 2 things-
1. Govt has taken some measures and created lanes on paud road, you really didn't have to create a 1.5th lane and create a havoc.
2. I hope the turn signals on your car are working because I didn't find you using them at all. Please use your turn signals.
Otherwise please get rid of the team-bhp stickers from your car. I wanted to stop you after the signal but the way you drove off, I didn't get a chance to. I was with my mom driving the maroon wagon-r before the kothrud bus depot signal.
Please be careful!Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-imageuploadedbyteambhp1392826347.368862.jpg
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th February 2014, 12:54   #6041
Senior - BHPian

This happened more than a month back, but I still know the face and the licence plate (I'm not going to post it here). Mr. Hotshot F30 driver, whoever you are, drive with a bit more responsibility. Everyone gets frustrated with the Kherwadi signal traffic, but there isn't really a need to drive like a maniac on the following open stretch, sideswiping and almost killing two bikers, and then almost knocking me over when I signalled you to slow down. You are the definition of a douchebag, and I hope no one else has to pay for your stupidity some day.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 20th February 2014 at 12:55.
Old 21st February 2014, 13:06   #6042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Is there a cut-off time beyond which we're not required to follow the traffic signals?

Last night, I thought there is something ....... the GB Palaya signal. I don't think 9:20pm is too late in the night, and the traffic wasn't really thin.

Wonder what kind of a parent that biker is!
I have experienced the same umpteen no of times on EC - Silkboard stretch during late night drive, and yes 9.30 PM is not that late still it's traffic is dense. Citizens don’t realize that it isn't worth risking the life to save few minutes.

Captured this at office parking, I fail to understand how some can park in this fashion. If at all this guy was in in hurry, there is enough space in the area marked for parking. Never seen someone parked like this.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20140221_090604.jpg

Cheers !!!
Milestone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2014, 13:16   #6043
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milestone View Post
I have experienced the same umpteen no of times on EC - Silkboard stretch during late night drive, and yes 9.30 PM is not that late still it's traffic is dense. Citizens don’t realize that it isn't worth risking the life to save few minutes.
[/i]
The ITPL-Tin factory stretch is a potential traffic jam spot anytime of the day.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2014, 13:21   #6044
BHPian

Quote:
Captured this at office parking, I fail to understand how some can park in this fashion. If at all this guy was in in hurry, there is enough space in the area marked for parking. Never seen someone parked like this.
Have seen such cases when I worked at Manyata tech park, near Nagavara.

Maybe, there were vehicles in the proper parking area when he came. Most would have left when you took the pic.

Else, he's stupid!
Divya Sharan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2014, 14:12   #6045
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Citizens don’t realize that it isn't worth risking the life to save few minutes.
Minutes? I doubt they'll be able to save anything more than a few seconds.

Quote:
I fail to understand how some can park in this fashion. If at all this guy was in in hurry, there is enough space in the area marked for parking. Never seen someone parked like this.
Maybe, this bike was parked obstructing the way for someone who'd parked properly, and the latter, while taking his vehicle out, would've moved the former to the middle - to make the owner look like an idiot (which he anyway is).

The only other reason could be, the particular biker had a call of nature
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed