Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2014, 08:04   #6076
BHPian

Spotted this vehicle on varthur road. Infact, I was so embarrassed and angry with the way this hooligan (sorry to say, but you are one) drove in the busy stretch from sarjapur road to varthur road...
The vehicle was TN registered 'TN 70 B 9011'. You really didn't care for the safety of self or others on road.. You pushed almost all the vehicles and there were several 2 wheelers who literally stopped their vehicles scaring to get run over.
Were you drunk, or what sort of urgency were you in.
You overtook me under extreme condition near sarjapur road and I was able to catch up with you near varthur road. I didn't drive the way you drove to keep up with you, but the law of average helped you stay marginally ahead even after 13 kms.
You don't deserve to have teambhp stickers on your car. You are a Shame to this community.

Attachment 1222085
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-1395368852342.jpg  

Last edited by noopster : 21st March 2014 at 10:32. Reason: Cross-posted from Bad Drivers thread
harishpr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2014, 09:14   #6077
Senior - BHPian

Saw this Rapid, driven and changing directions true to its name, on Hosur road. Without any indication, made a U turn at Kudlu gate signal. Pretty much in line with Bang-galore traffic, I'd say... But why this temp plate covering what looks like a proper registration plate?

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-uploadfromtaptalk1395373438921.jpg
Old 21st March 2014, 11:19   #6078
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Saw this video where some extremely bad drivers (rather riders) are trying their luck with stunts on public roads. If they are on a death-wish, they should be allowed to go ahead but not while posing risks to others .

They all had been served instant karma in this video at least

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater
Gotham_City is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2014, 13:58   #6079
BHPian

The signage says one way and yet the tata ace guy braves it for his owner. This is near the Mahindra First choice intersection at guindy indstrl estate.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-1395735956890.jpg  

Old 25th March 2014, 17:16   #6080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
Spotted this vehicle on varthur road. Infact, I was so embarrassed and angry with the way this hooligan (sorry to say, but you are one) drove in the busy stretch from sarjapur road to varthur road...
The vehicle was TN registered 'TN 70 B 9011'. You really didn't care for the safety of self or others on road.. You pushed almost all the vehicles and there were several 2 wheelers who literally stopped their vehicles scaring to get run over.
Were you drunk, or what sort of urgency were you in.
You overtook me under extreme condition near sarjapur road and I was able to catch up with you near varthur road. I didn't drive the way you drove to keep up with you, but the law of average helped you stay marginally ahead even after 13 kms.
You don't deserve to have teambhp stickers on your car. You are a Shame to this community.

Attachment 1222085
Report to the traffic police for faulty number plate. I know it's not possible to get him booked for dangerous driving online, but at least something!
Old 25th March 2014, 23:11   #6081
Senior - BHPian

What interest will Karnataka police show in a Hosur registered car?
By the way, the Safari belongs to BHPian verditer. I have no clue who or what was driving it though.
Old 26th March 2014, 07:37   #6082
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.A.GTC View Post
Report to the traffic police for faulty number plate. I know it's not possible to get him booked for dangerous driving online, but at least something!
That number plate looks OK to me. What's so faulty in it ? Unless you are looking forward to only IND number plates, which even I don't have !

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
What interest will Karnataka police show in a Hosur registered car?
By the way, the Safari belongs to BHPian verditer. I have no clue who or what was driving it though.
Yep, thats verditer's ride. He comes all the way from Hosur to Whitefield.
Not sure what was the urgency, or who was driving it actually !!
Old 26th March 2014, 09:59   #6083
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Yep, thats verditer's ride. He comes all the way from Hosur to Whitefield.
Not sure what was the urgency, or who was driving it actually !!
Let me play the devil's advocate here. Going by the BHPian's post in the Tata Safari thread, his truck was dropped for service on the same day. So, the chances are high that it was driven by one of the service centre personnel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Saw this Rapid, driven and changing directions true to its name, on Hosur road. Without any indication, made a U turn at Kudlu gate signal. Pretty much in line with Bang-galore traffic, I'd say... But why this temp plate covering what looks like a proper registration plate?
I cracked this case a few days ago. I saw a Fabia with the same temp banner (I prefer to call it banner, because it's made from some cloth or ''flex', and not a plate). One of the people inside seemed to look like the guy I saw the other day. There's also a Skoda service station near Hosa Road. I guess, the service station personnel are using this plate to hide the actual number plate, and avoid the owner paying the penalty for their felony.

Last edited by silversteed : 26th March 2014 at 10:01.
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2014, 11:01   #6084
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Let me play the devil's advocate here. Going by the BHPian's post in the Tata Safari thread, his truck was dropped for service on the same day. So, the chances are high that it was driven by one of the service centre personnel.
Excellent catch buddy !! Am relieved that it is not verditer, but most probably the TASC guys.

But I would still want to know from N.A.GTC, what's wrong with the number plate ?

Quote:
I cracked this case a few days ago. I saw a Fabia with the same temp banner (I prefer to call it banner, because it's made from some cloth or ''flex', and not a plate). One of the people inside seemed to look like the guy I saw the other day. There's also a Skoda service station near Hosa Road. I guess, the service station personnel are using this plate to hide the actual number plate, and avoid the owner paying the penalty for their felony.
OK. Skoda is getting out of hands now. This is like these guys can run over someone and not take the blame !! Seems some major crimes are underway by Skoda ASC (whichever ASC is it). Not a good service strategy. If they are out on a test drive, why hide the number plate.
Old 26th March 2014, 11:37   #6085
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This is simply illegal - they're using a temp number to mask the real number during their test drives, etc so that if there is any violation caught on camera the car owner will not know/be charged.

Can't this be reported to BTP on their FB page ?
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2014, 12:04   #6086
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite
I was once driving behind another car and its brake light came on very often, even when the road stretch in front of him/her is clear. Is he/she a bad driver / good / cautious / scared / nervous driver?
Could be a new/scared/over-cautious/nervous driver, but it sure is a pain to drive behind someone who is always dabbing the brakes (without reason), making the folks behind him edgy.

IMO you can gauge the driving of a person by just observing the blink-frequency of his/her brake-lights. High rate of blinking would usually be seen with folks zig-zagging through traffic, changing lanes with impunity, driving without anticipating traffic around them, etc. On the other hand, a person driving with a near-360 degree view of traffic around him and driving pre-emptively using inputs from others and from traffic-lights etc would not need to keep shifting between A-pedal and B-pedal every often.

P.S.: Ofcourse, goes without saying that the theory assumes working brake-lights & excludes B2B traffic where vehicles are barely moving thus requiring constant shift between brakes & gas.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 26th March 2014 at 12:27.
Old 26th March 2014, 12:18   #6087
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
...This is like these guys can run over someone and not take the blame !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
This is simply illegal - they're using a temp number to mask the real number during their test drives, etc so that if there is any violation caught on camera the car owner will not know/be charged.

Maybe some of the owners got challans/pending violations earlier, and they gave an earful to the Service Centre personnel, so the Service Centre decided to take a shortcut to avoid such instances. It is illegal to use a different number than what's allotted. Let me try posting it in the BTP FB page.
Old 26th March 2014, 13:47   #6088
BHPian

Friends - narrating a very funny incident from yesterday on a impatient driver i encountered. For those of you familiar with pune and mumbai-bangalore bypass there is construction going on for a long time near Lalani quantum society on the bypass road. This causes quite a long pileup in evening since people crossing the road tend to block the highway traffic.

Yesterday while on way back, around 1 - 2 km before this junction, was overtaken by a very rashly driven i20 who was zig-zagging, honking to glory and tailgating everyone including the PMT buses. The person had a political party sticker on the back of his vehicle. I let him pass and soon he moves ahead only to get stuck in the jam ahead.

He tried to get his car down a very sharp slope down to the service road , for those who are familiar this slope is very sharp and taken by SUV's only. In all his madness he gets his car stuck and has no way to either move forward or backward. The driver was hardly 18 - 20 years age according to my guess.
Old 26th March 2014, 13:51   #6089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post

I'm not too sure if this is illegal. Even my XUV was given a red board with TC on it while the service center folks were test driving it. The original board was not masked though.

Guess there would be some justification around it.
Old 26th March 2014, 14:24   #6090
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajohn View Post
I'm not too sure if this is illegal. Even my XUV was given a red board with TC on it while the service center folks were test driving it. The original board was not masked though.

Guess there would be some justification around it.
That number is valid only till the vehicle is registered at the local RTO (based on owner's address), it is a temporary registration usually valid just for a month.

Most Viewed