Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2014, 20:06   #6196
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
That deserves a couple of notes on the windshield (to go back to learn driving/ parking) and 4 flat tires.
Sorry its downright appalling that you suggest that. How do 4 flat tyres solve the issue for you? If anything the car will be parked there for much longer. I really dislike this tendency to take the onus on to oneself to punish. Please never do that to anyone for that matter.
drmohitg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th June 2014, 20:10   #6197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Sorry its downright appalling that you suggest that. How do 4 flat tyres solve the issue for you? If anything the car will be parked there for much longer. I really dislike this tendency to take the onus on to oneself to punish. Please never do that to anyone for that matter.
I guess you didn't read the sarcasm in that post. I will definitely leave a note - but not do anything harmful.
vineethvazhayil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2014, 01:33   #6198
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
he parked straddling 4 slots, rendering 3 slots useless.
Might be possible to get five cars parked there. But that guy would not be able to get out again without two cars leaving before him.

Would be a shame if they had parked there and left for a business trip abroad
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2014, 09:07   #6199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Most folks in our office parking make sure they park within the marked lines. Occasionally we see someone who parks straddling two slots. But this one was the height, in the way he parked straddling 4 slots, rendering 3 slots useless.

Attachment 1248605
I suppose security guards will be there in the parking lot. They should direct people to park their vehicles within the slot like we see them do when we visit shopping malls.
Old 10th June 2014, 09:38   #6200
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Most folks in our office parking make sure they park within the marked lines. Occasionally we see someone who parks straddling two slots. But this one was the height, in the way he parked straddling 4 slots, rendering 3 slots useless.

Attachment 1248605
I think, 2 cars should have been parked both at front and back to complete the "I".
Old 10th June 2014, 09:47   #6201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1248605
Unbelievable that such moronism exists! Or did he just park with his handbrakes off?

Last edited by man_of_steel : 10th June 2014 at 09:52.
Old 10th June 2014, 12:29   #6202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow just wow, this takes the "moronism" to a whole new level.
Old 10th June 2014, 14:40   #6203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thing is people who do this rarely realize that what they do causes so much inconvenience. Or they are just not bothered.

OT: Is this ASV sun tech in Thoraipakkam?
Old 10th June 2014, 15:40   #6204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1248605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Might be possible to get five cars parked there. But that guy would not be able to get out again without two cars leaving before him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
I think, 2 cars should have been parked both at front and back to complete the "I".
When I was a teenager, I saw the red car parked parallel to the kerb when spaces had been marked for diagonal parking. So, I (in the green car) parked in that spot, making it impossible for the red car to get out, and walked away.

When I had finished my work and came back to the car, I saw the car owner fuming at the "inconsiderate" behaviour of people and shouting at the parking attendant for allowing that green car to park that way. Parking attendant was not interested in listening to the story. So I hung around for a while and watched the fun!

Red car owner noticed me enjoying myself at his expense, and asked me if I owned the green car. I shrugged "no" - I did not look 18, so he proceeded to ignore me.

I took the car out after letting him cool his heels for another 15 minutes. The look he gave me was priceless!
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-parking.jpg  

KiloAlpha is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th June 2014, 15:42   #6205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom
Saw it parked like that for 2 days late last week. Was gone after the weekend though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs
I suppose security guards will be there in the parking lot. They should direct people to park their vehicles within the slot like we see them do when we visit shopping malls.
There are security guards, but not enough to handle all the cars/bikes that come there. And anyway, this is about common-sense, not something that needs others to prod us to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181
OT: Is this ASV sun tech in Thoraipakkam?
Yes, basement parking of ASV.
Old 10th June 2014, 17:14   #6206
BHPian

That lady who parked must have been specially gifted . A note stuck to her windshield should propably send the message home. Kiloalpha, that was funny.
Old 12th June 2014, 11:06   #6207
Senior - BHPian

No words to describe these imbeciles and their circus. All this to save a few hundred bucks

rjstyles69 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2014, 11:27   #6208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
No words to describe these imbeciles and their circus. All this to save a few hundred bucks
Lol that we can call the fiber of death, just wondering how the fellow is maintain stability over a hump or pothole, plus he needs to avoid getting close to other bikers or car.

He needs a sticker at the back "Wide Load, proceed with caution"
Old 12th June 2014, 11:29   #6209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Have you tried posting this on the BTP FB page or their app?

I agree with you, the amount of risk these guys take and also the risk they put others under, they deserve a harsher punishment than a mere Rs. 100 fine.
Old 12th June 2014, 11:29   #6210
BHPian

Spotted this moron somewhere between Karur/Dindigul last month. I was cautious while overtaking as the total width was more than a truck/bus. He was doing 80-90 also
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dsc06016.jpg
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dsc06017.jpg
denver85 is offline   (11) Thanks

Most Viewed