Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2014, 11:20   #6661
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Am at a loss of cuss words !!

EDIT: Ohh, the source is a page on Facebook, but I can safely say that this level of madness is pretty much everywhere on the roads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
OMG, how did the lady manage to squeeze in a place like that? Already they have exceeded the weight limitations, poor Activa. To see women driving violating all traffic rules really pains.
I have seen this in Bangalore on a couple of occasions. Never been able to take a snap as the damn scooties keep moving always. However in most of the cases the person sitting ahead of the driver and behind the handle is a 8-15 year old, here this was a fully grown lady!

Must say, only in India one can actually witness the wonders of the world moving on the roads
Old 3rd September 2014, 14:26   #6662
Senior - BHPian

Folks! I saw this Renault Duster today, having the rear windshield partially covered with a poster. Does it not amount to wrong driving? Isn't the driver a bad driver for allowing such a thing?

Won't it lead to disruption in viewing the traffic in the rear or even at the time of reversing?

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-photo1924.jpg

I have seen many such cars, specially in Delhi-NCR.

Thanks
Old 3rd September 2014, 16:08   #6663
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Folks! I saw this Renault Duster today, having the rear windshield partially covered with a poster. Does it not amount to wrong driving? Isn't the driver a bad driver for allowing such a thing?

Won't it lead to disruption in viewing the traffic in the rear or even at the time of reversing?

Attachment 1282474

I have seen many such cars, specially in Delhi-NCR.

Thanks
As wrong as it is, it's no worse than people driving around with rear parcel trays filled to the roof with assorted soft toys and pillows, people who put their entire family tree or their favorite deity's picture and varied salutations on the rear windscreen, sometimes completely obscuring rearwards visibility.

There's no cure for 'Stupid'.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 3rd September 2014 at 16:09.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 03:36   #6664
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
it's no worse than people driving around with rear parcel trays filled to the roof with assorted soft toys and pillows ...
And the people who fill the "parcel tray" with, err... parcels an books, tissue boxes and other hard stuff!
Old 4th September 2014, 09:44   #6665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
And the people who fill the "parcel tray" with, err... parcels an books, tissue boxes and other hard stuff!
Car is a bouquet shop for artificial flowers including the wind screen where artificial plants grow around the wind shield with dazzling led light series. This emit a great amount of heat which is a actually not good for rubber beading.

A place to display names of their family and pictures of one favorite of ther deities, verses from bible, gita and quaran.

Rear wind shield is also a favorite place to advertise for selling insurance , weight reduction products ( want to loose weight ? Call now !!! ) and some also place cushions on rear parcel tray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
As wrong as it is, it's no worse than people driving around with rear parcel trays filled to the roof with assorted soft toys and pillows, people who put their entire family tree or their favorite deity's picture and varied salutations on the rear windscreen, sometimes completely obscuring rearwards visibility.

There's no cure for 'Stupid'.
Being on phone browsing , missed and did not read yr post and same posted by me below. Pretty much exactly what I wanted to convey.

Last edited by noopster : 4th September 2014 at 10:33. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 4th September 2014, 15:23   #6666
BHPian

Quote:
All cars have an alert in the dash. Some have a red light + chime (mostly high end cars, not the Marutis.
My Dzire Long-beeps when a door is open and the car is in motion
Old 6th September 2014, 18:04   #6667
BHPian

I was stuck in a traffic jam when this audacious alto, emerging from a lane to the right, decided his need to join the traffic at a right angle had greater priority than blocking half of the other side of the road.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_3532.jpg

A few minutes later, sensing the impending arrival of a traffic policeman he did a quick rethink (and an equally quick bit of reversing) and fled the scene.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_3533.jpg

Last edited by Kumar R : 6th September 2014 at 18:08.
Old 7th September 2014, 21:34   #6668
Senior - BHPian

OT. Not exactly a bad driving behaviour but more of a case of parenting done wrong.

That is a kid's leg that I have marked here. He was sleeping on probably a stuffed boot. Seemed like he was just thrown in there. You can see the kid's head behind the leg. Also, another kid's head was there on the left hand side of the boot area. :/
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-1410105677157.jpg  

Old 7th September 2014, 21:40   #6669
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
OT. Not exactly a bad driving behaviour but more of a case of parenting done wrong.

That is a kid's leg that I have marked here. He was sleeping on probably a stuffed boot. Seemed like he was just thrown in there. You can see the kid's head behind the leg. Also, another kid's head was there on the left hand side of the boot area. :/
There are many such instances which I have also seen many times. And sometimes with only 4 adults occupying the car, probably wanting to be more comfortable
Old 7th September 2014, 23:03   #6670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-imageuploadedbyteambhp1410111124.366085.jpg

Spotted this guy with cushions blocking his rear view.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 8th September 2014, 02:57   #6671
Distinguished - BHPian

And even softy-softy cushions (in brilliant yellow and shocking pink, no less!) probably feel a lot less softy-soft when they are hitting one at 50kph!
Old 8th September 2014, 08:33   #6672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeev1 View Post
Attachment 1284324
Spotted this guy with cushions blocking his rear view.
Phew Rajeev !!! You just scared the living ights out of me !!
For a second I thought that instead of spottings thread, I landed up in Bad Drivers thread !!

I had a similar setup when my identical Beat was 1 day old.
Better sense prevailed after 1 week and the cushions are resting on my sofa back at home since the last 3.5 years.

I personally think that these kind of junkies appeal to a new buyer. Slowly, when the disturbance starts increasing, these are offloaded form the car. Atleast that's what happened to me !!
Old 8th September 2014, 08:37   #6673
Team-BHP Support

When I had not started full time driving, I too wanted to keep soft toys/cushions etc on my parcel tray, it appeared cute, but never really got down to do this.

One day, in an outstation trip, my mom kept her purse on the parcel tray & that is when I objected.

If the rear seat is occupied and have to carry perishable item like a cake, then only the parcel tray is used, else it remains vacant giving me view of what is behind my car.
Old 8th September 2014, 11:11   #6674
BHPian

Quote:
Phew Rajeev !!! You just scared the living ights out of me !!

For a second I thought that instead of spottings thread....!

Soumyajit - I would have recognised your ride and sent you a PM instead :-).

Two things told me this wasn't you. One - this spotting was in Indranagar during a weekday which is not your route and two this wasn't a stickered Beat. Moreover I don't expect a BHPian to be adopting such unsafe driving practices.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 8th September 2014, 11:44   #6675
Lij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
.... Does it not amount to wrong driving? ....
Absolutely and against the law. If the law can catch you for driving around in cars with sunscreen films then how come they don't catch these guys??!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks