Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2014, 08:25   #6856
BHPian

Re: Responsible driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgopal View Post
Moderators: Hope I have posted this information in the right thread.
I read an useful article "Real Rules for the Road" in The Hindu dt 19 Oct 14.
Page link:http://www.thehindu.com/opinion/open...gn=WidgetPromo
For the information of fellow TBHPians.
Thanks
Hey NO! Please read the article once again with concentration. All those rules mentioned are written ironically, on a lighter side and only to highlight the messy situation of driving.

virgopal, Sorry mate! but I think the article is NOT in line with our caption and also that link should be removed immediately.
Accent Martin is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th October 2014, 08:33   #6857
BHPian

Thanks Accent Martin for alerting. Yes, it is of course on the lighter side and about the kind of driving one sees here.
I request Moderators to merge with a suitable thread if any OR remove the page link as suggested.
Old 19th October 2014, 23:02   #6858
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgopal View Post
Moderators: Hope I have posted this information in the right thread.
I read an useful article "Real Rules for the Road" in The Hindu dt 19 Oct 14.
Page link:http://www.thehindu.com/opinion/open...gn=WidgetPromo
For the information of fellow TBHPians.
Thanks
That's an useful article indeed, and I'd like to thank you for the link. It is quite educational, whether one wants to criticise the sarcasm in it, or not.
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2014, 08:51   #6859
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Madness at its best. A swift guy taking the fast lane on NICE road(Bangalore) on the wrong side, a suicidal attempt, I felt. The truck blocked him by stopping in front of him, not sure what happened later.

No respect for life! and also NICE road is fast becoming a death trap with these kind of morons moving around frequently.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-snap3.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-snap4.jpg  

Last edited by arun_josie : 20th October 2014 at 08:52.
arun_josie is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th October 2014, 09:09   #6860
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Madness at its best. A swift guy taking the fast lane on NICE road(Bangalore) on the wrong side, a suicidal attempt, I felt. The truck blocked him by stopping in front of him, not sure what happened later.

No respect for life! and also NICE road is fast becoming a death trap with these kind of morons moving around frequently.

Yesterday night at 8:00PM, on the Same NECE road, I saw two Swifts driving at around 60-80Kmph on the two wheeler lane in the opposite direction. I just hoped they didn't kill any two wheeler guy.
But this is guy beats them; someone should tell him that committing suicide by hanging on the ceiling fan is better-atleast it doesn't trouble others

Once I got a chance to ask a guy who did the same antics in his bike near Chitradurga on the Pune-Bangalore highway. He replied, "I'm going on the left side of the road, so it should not be a problem" I was
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2014, 17:32   #6861
BHPian

This Stud Muffin in his fortuner tried to jump the divider and got royally stuck. This is the gurgaon-faridabad highway, which translates to high speed traffic movement.

Absolutely no regard for safety. He was thoroughly embarrassed though plus his partner was yelling at him- so hopefully this should be lesson enough.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_4813.jpg  

pavan_jacob is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st October 2014, 03:07   #6862
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavan_jacob View Post
This Stud Muffin in his fortuner tried to jump the divider and got royally stuck. ... ... ... He was thoroughly embarrassed though plus his partner was yelling at him
In situations like this, a group of bystanders should gather, point at the guy, and laugh loudly
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 21st October 2014, 08:14   #6863
BHPian

Wondering how it got stuck, the divider is hardly 6" in height.
Old 21st October 2014, 08:33   #6864
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavan_jacob View Post
This Stud Muffin in his fortuner tried to jump the divider and got royally stuck.
Maybe it is not a 4WD version and I won't be really surprised if this stud had a 4WD & didn't know how to use/engage it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::CMS:: View Post
Wondering how it got stuck, the divider is hardly 6" in height.
Old 21st October 2014, 08:45   #6865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Maybe it is not a 4WD version and I won't be really surprised if this stud had a 4WD & didn't know how to use/engage it.
Is 4WD required to cross this? I dont think so, from the pics even a car can cross this.
Old 21st October 2014, 08:51   #6866
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::CMS:: View Post
Is 4WD required to cross this? I dont think so, from the pics even a car can cross this.
Maybe

But look at the picture closely, you may spot mud scattered on the road (from LR wheel) as it can't find traction, hence I concluded this. But, it doesn't really require a 4WD. Changing the vantage spot will do the trick. Maybe he thought, the Fortuner makes him invincible.

And have a look at the wheel articulation as well.
Old 21st October 2014, 08:52   #6867
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Man! That's scary! No number plate at the front for that Swift?
Old 21st October 2014, 10:10   #6868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
In situations like this, a group of bystanders should gather, point at the guy, and laugh loudly
That's exactly what we did !! And every one who passed by had a smirk that said 'moron' !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Maybe

But look at the picture closely, you may spot mud scattered on the road (from LR wheel) as it can't find traction, hence I concluded this. But, it doesn't really require a 4WD. Changing the vantage spot will do the trick. Maybe he thought, the Fortuner makes him invincible.

And have a look at the wheel articulation as well.
Sheel you are absolutely correct. The mud scattered on the road led to reduced traction. There was mud on the other side as well. Agree with the Vantage point idea - this was a 4x4 automatic, keeping the safety aspect aside , it could have easily taken on the divider.
pavan_jacob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2014, 10:30   #6869
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I have actually done something similar. Some 7-8 years ago, a railway level crossing gate came down just outside Bangalore city limits as I approached it on my bike. I had another 2 biker friends riding behind me (we were on a bike trip). The the three of us stopped our bikes next to each other, in front of the gate.

Some dumb biker came from behind us, got down from the bike, bent it a little and pushed it under the gate. When he was about to cross the track, he got a call on his cell phone. The caller probably told this fellow to come back. So he turned his bike around. One of my friends realised what he was up to, and pushed his bike forward to completely close the gap. We too did the same. Now the dumb biker was stuck in the gap between the track and the gate. He asked us, "saar, swalpa dari bidi saar" (sir, please give way sir).

My one friend shot back, "who told you to cross the gate like that? Now wait", and then turned to us and said, "let's look at him and laugh". Then all of us looked at him and started laughing. That dumb biker just had to wait until the train crossed, gates opened, and all the traffic in the correct direction was clear!
Old 21st October 2014, 11:30   #6870
BHPian

If this person is genuine BHPian and if you are reading this. Appreciate if you can remove the big toy from rear tray.

From what I see, it certainly appears to be blocking rear view.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-wp_20141021_002.jpg
500ContyCruiser is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed