Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2015, 21:46   #7306
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
3. Rules don't apply to ME and only ME. Others follow them coz they are retards

The above is about car drivers. For two wheelers all of the above and some more are applicable.

9. Only I am moving in the road, all other vehicles are standing still all the time. I can cut them in any direction and it doesn't harm ME or them

If there are some quotes to be quoted in golden letters, the above two lines are the ones! I was thinking that I was the one who discovered these universal truths, but you beat me to it!
I do not know whether it is there in other cities, but in Trivandrum, either 2 or 4 wheeler slows down near a turn, you will not see indicators indicating where he wants to turn! Somehow you are supposed to do mind reading , psychically know where he wants to turn & take appropriate action!
Old 20th February 2015, 22:30   #7307
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
For two wheelers... Only I am moving in the road, all other vehicles are standing still all the time.
I realised this just a few days ago. Many bikers drive as if the whole world around them is stationary.
Old 20th February 2015, 22:55   #7308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
[i]-Too many City buses on too narrow roads - Bangalore
-Too many 2 wheelers on the widest of roads - Pune
-Techie Biker with a Helmet & a wannabe Rossi - Bangalore
-Techie Biker with a Helmet & a wannabe Rossi, but with his collar up - Pune
:!
Very hilarious comparisons.
Old 21st February 2015, 18:53   #7309
Senior - BHPian

What do you do when the upholders of the law break them? :(

Old 27th February 2015, 13:57   #7310
BHPian

Look at how this Polo is parked right in the middle of pathway in my office's basement parking. There was ample parking available all around
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dsc_8435.jpg  

Old 27th February 2015, 14:55   #7311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahesh_sn View Post
Look at how this Polo is parked right in the middle of pathway in my office's basement parking. There was ample parking available all around
In the place where I work, the security agency in charge of the building used to clamp-down the vehicle. If nothing else can be done by us as an individual the photograph at least should be sent to the security help desk.
Old 27th February 2015, 16:19   #7312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
In the place where I work, the security agency in charge of the building used to clamp-down the vehicle. If nothing else can be done by us as an individual the photograph at least should be sent to the security help desk.
And where it is done in a building society expect the car owner to kick up a very loud ruckus indeed, compare the building facilities team to nazis even.

Godwin's law only applied to online discussions or so I thought. I thought wrong.
Old 3rd March 2015, 20:29   #7313
BHPian

Chennai cab drivers are getting notorious by the day and man are they turning into hooligans.
This Dzire guy takes a left turn overtaking me from right on a narrow lane, missing my car by inches and making me swerve left. When I caught up to him to ask him what was he trying to do, he tries to race me and bully me into banging my car. What non-sense ? The city is becoming an epitome of lawlessness on roads while cops focus on sunfilm, number plates and music systems with video display.

Everyday I can list a 100 times these morons put the traffic around them to danger? Worst part - Right under these traffic cop's nose.

Ruined my good start for the day

Kinds who drive with principles and elegance seem to be a disappearing breed.
Old 3rd March 2015, 21:06   #7314
BANNED

My observation is on Tata Aces drivers. The drivers seem to think they are driving a HTV or trailer truck because they always go on the right side of the road.

Whether loaded or not, whether on a wide city road or highways they insist on moving in the fast lane and refuse to move aside. These vehicles have very powerful headlights which is good but they are permanently stuck on high beam.

I noticed this in 3 states. So it's not restricted to one city.

The second category of vehicle drivers with the same behavior as above are the Piaggio 3 wheel luggage carriers. Though these are usually loaded down with gas cylinders, the engine seems to produce very good torque and carries huge momentum as they attempt to keep up with cars in city limits.

The 2nd best drivers I have seen are owners of high end cars. They somehow find the best line to follow even on crowded roads.

The best are of course my brothers with OHC's.
Old 4th March 2015, 09:28   #7315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangover View Post
seem to think they are driving a HTV or trailer truck because they always go on the right side of the road.

very powerful headlights which is good but they are permanently stuck on high beam.
The thumb rule of highway is the fact that HTVs are supposed to be on the left-most lane on countries where the norm is to drive on the left.., ex: India, Australia, UK etc... and right-most lane on countries where the norm is to drive on the right.., ex: Most European Countries, US etc... Unfortunately, in all the Indian Highways (That I've driven), there's no such "NORM". The norm here is.., "Take the lane which suits you most" and the HTV's prefer the right-most lane for reasons unknown to me. I take the right-most lane since I have left-lane phobia.., and I drive the LMV Coming back to your point, in cities, I have never seen something like a "LANE" and let me tell you why. Take the ORR in Bangalore for example.., which is ideally a 3-lane road. Trust me, I've never seen anything less than 5 lanes at peak hours (if there are lanes that is). Let a few cabbies and autos in.., you can have a grand welcome to a total chaos. In my opinion, the only lane that can be followed properly in cities is the right-most lane. Again, it's got the "*Conditions Apply" tag to it.

WRT the High-beam thing, yes, I doubt if most drivers know the proper use of high-beam. If you ask any cabbie or any yellow-board vehicle driver, he would tell you that he can see the road only on high-beam. They are never worried about the other road-users.

I also knew some cabbies who never used the indicators on the vehicle by giving the statement "Saar, battery thindbudutthe, recharge maadskobekaagutthe" (For non-Kannada folks : It means "Sir, battery would die fast and I need to take the bother of getting it recharged") How in the world would you convince such folks? I'm still wondering...
Old 4th March 2015, 09:33   #7316
Senior - BHPian

Came across an highly educated imbecile today morning.
This idiot was driving along on the right lane in his i20 with a tablet on the steering wheel and typing an email.

He was going slow and blocking traffic and he was in own bloody world.

When I honked from behind, he wasn't even bothered to move ahead. If this is the state of our educated idiots, then there is little hope in having our traffic situation improve any time in the near future.
Old 4th March 2015, 09:39   #7317
BHPian

Have you guys noticed that guys who own and drive high end cars are always holding a mobile and chatting away! I was under the impression that most if not all of these cars have Bluetooth connectivity? Do they know how to use it or do they think it just doesn't look cool! Grrrr
Old 4th March 2015, 11:08   #7318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinP View Post
Have you guys noticed that guys who own and drive high end cars are always holding a mobile and chatting away! I was under the impression that most if not all of these cars have Bluetooth connectivity? Do they know how to use it or do they think it just doesn't look cool! Grrrr

Oh yes, this is more common in high end cars which comes with all sort of connectivity options and yet the driver holds the mobile. I have seen this even in Merc S Class and Rolls Royce.
Old 4th March 2015, 11:46   #7319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangover View Post
My observation is on Tata Aces drivers.

These vehicles have very powerful headlights which is good but they are permanently stuck on high beam.
Well I once stopped a Tata Ace driver because his headlights made me blind. This was in our society lane and that night the street lights were not working hence I was totally blinded by the powerful lights.

I stopped him, got down from the car and went to the driver window. I asked him why was he using high beam on society roads when he can see that a vehicle is approaching and that I was totally blinded which can cause an accident.

He very patiently heard me out and said - "Sir I am driving with low beam setting only. This is a problem with Tata ace settings and I am not doing purposely." I looked at his dashboard and the setting was on low beam ! So from then onwards I stopped cursing Tata ace drivers ( and started cursing tata engineers instead )

On a related note, the Honda activa (old models) have this problem. Their default setting for low beam is so high that its as good as driving on high beam.
luvDriving is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th March 2015, 13:25   #7320
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinP View Post
Most of these idiots probably don't know where the headlight HI/LO switch is, forget advanced connectivity options.

Money can buy you a lot of things, brains and class aren't on that list.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 4th March 2015 at 13:27.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks