Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2015, 13:18   #7396
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Bad Drivers - Indecent Drivers - Dirty Drivers all of these titles seem to suit these people

PANAJI: Goa's 'kenna kenna' tagline appears to have given tourists an excuse to kenna (sometimes) follow the laws and most often not to, the most bizzare being a couple 'coupling' on a bike while riding across a bridge, both of them without a helmet.

The picture which has gone viral on social media shows the man riding a rented bike while the woman straddles him all the while leaning on the petrol tank and handlebar, seriously putting both their lives at risk.

Even worse, the man appears to be wearing just a T-shirt and a pair of socks, having given his pants a miss. The splendor bearing registration number GA - 07 F-2551 is being dangerously ridden just behind a truck and inches ahead of another vehicle, which appears to be a car. A sign post clearly identifies the road as national highway 17.

Source: TOI
Old 25th March 2015, 13:28   #7397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Yes, am gonna do that. My first post on BTP Public eye.
Like others, I had accepted defeat infront of these morons. But feels like I should post this one and see what actually happens in reality.
Yikes. If you had stayed any longer, things could've got really ugly.

These days I refrain from confronting and making eye contact with the apes on the road. And whenever I can I post violations at BTP public eye (I've seen chronic on-the-footpath parking cars not repeating their offence after posting here).

And get a dash cam if possible! (I know, one year on since my incident and I've still not decided on the right model)
Old 25th March 2015, 13:48   #7398
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Whoa, we discussing about Bad Drivers coming onto opposite lane !! Here is my story from last week.
While I do appreciate you doing this, it's just not worth it. I have learnt it over time that engaging such mindless zombies (they don't seem to understand anything happening around them - and know no rules!) seems to affect only one thing - our own mental peace. Taking a pic/video and posting it to the public eye system is the max we should spend our energy on. Getting into an argument with them over what is wrong and right is just plain futile. Unless the steeper penalties start and these guys get a taste of it a few times, they won't fall in line.
Old 25th March 2015, 14:58   #7399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I wonder if the bikers told the cops in the first place or not !!
I am guessing no one did. That is the reality we live in. People get mugged, attacked, beaten etc. and public just watch the "fun". Most people do not care and wouldn't take the extra effort to make an U turn and inform the cops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post
And whenever I can I post violations at BTP public eye (I've seen chronic on-the-footpath parking cars not repeating their offence after posting here).
I've always wondered how is your identify (and safety) protected if you post details on public eye? You do need to post your personal information right?
Old 25th March 2015, 15:06   #7400
BANNED

Mod Note : Post deleted. Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.
Also, please post only when you have something of value to contribute to the thread.

Last edited by noopster : 25th March 2015 at 15:25.
Old 25th March 2015, 15:35   #7401
Distinguished - BHPian

First I thought cabs would make the rowdy Bangalore auto drivers change their attitude towards passengers, that hasn't happened

On top of that Ola cabs are giving competition to auto's in terms of reckless driving, ignoring rules & moving at a couple of inches per hour when they are finding addresses. The lesson learnt is bandar ko patthar do ya bomb, dono humpe hi girenge (give a monkey a stone or a grenade, it'll toss it right on us).

Today as I made my way to office, I clearly saw a visually impaired man trying to move about in a crowded road. As that part of the road had no sidewalk he was occupying the left-most lane and moving about as efficiently as someone like him could with his stick waving left to right. Having seen him I moved to the middle then came a surging Ola Micra honking the man to move and going quite close. I honked & gestured back to the driver to ask if he cant see the stick the man is carrying, only then better sense prevailed.

That man did the best he could with the eyesight he didn't have, but the driver was the blindest of them all even with 2 good eyes.
dark.knight is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th March 2015, 15:38   #7402
Senior - BHPian

Re: Accidents in India - PICS

almost accident - these three had a close shave.

IronH4WK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th March 2015, 15:48   #7403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I've always wondered how is your identify (and safety) protected if you post details on public eye? You do need to post your personal information right?
Just a phone number and name on BTP Public eye.
Photo, Friends, Posts, everything is exposed on FB Page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
On top of that Ola cabs are giving competition to auto's in terms of reckless driving, ignoring rules & moving at a couple of inches per hour when they are finding addresses.
Any tom, dick and harry is now an OLA Cab !! Rickety Indicabs are also OLA cabs !!

My latest experience with them was yesterday.

I was walking down the footpath near my office (B'lore). An OLA Cabbie seated inside his car, without looking anywhere spit onto the footpath, centimetres away from my shoe !! I stopped and gave a disgusting look at him. All he did was raise his arms indicating, sorry.

Whats wrong with people here ? I see almost every vehicle owner keeps spitting while driving, while stopped, while chatting, while doing whatever. Spitting is a favourite past-time here !!

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 25th March 2015 at 15:53.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2015, 16:34   #7404
BHPian

Quote:
Whoa, we discussing about Bad Drivers coming onto opposite lane !! Here is my story from last week.

Day: Tuesday, 17th.
Time: 10:10 AM

... Then this Tempo Traveller contracted to Accenture (I know from the numbering/stickering) comes in my front....
That location is part of my daily commute to office and back home. I used to get worked up a lot just because of these lane makers. And I totally agree to your decision not to go outside the road on to the mud. I've had done so on one occasion and my Rapid's underbody got a hit. Stopped a few meters in front and checked to see to my relief that no damage other than a scratch on the protective panel on the underbody.

After that incident, what I do is to stop in front of these morons, give a piece of my mind, inconvenience them for their own actions and move on. But not to the extent that you've gone. But I don't give them a free path. Now I'm seeing this behaviour on a regular basis that I'm getting immune to it.

On another note, bikers/autos those overtake at blind corners and cars that cut corners always gets my temper high. Recently I did not give space to a biker to overtake me on a corner and he gestured at me. I rolled down my window and asked him if it was okay to overtake at a turning. He just said that he was going for some urgent matter. Which I believe was just said for an excuse. I followed him till we parted ways about a km later and all the while he rode slow and safe.

Edit: Soumyajit, please do find the Accenture transport desk number (usually found along with the "Do I drive rash?" stickers on these cabs) and report the incident along with a link to your post here. I did the same with Siemens and they were really concerned and made sure that the incident was handled to my satisfaction (long story, that one. Will tell sometime later, probably)

Last edited by Horizon81 : 25th March 2015 at 16:39.
Horizon81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2015, 17:00   #7405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon81 View Post
I did the same with Siemens and they were really concerned and made sure that the incident was handled to my satisfaction (long story, that one. Will tell sometime later, probably)
Please give a summary here. What action was taken against the driver? And how did they prove that an action has been taken against the driver? It may encourage others to reach out to these big companies as well.
Old 25th March 2015, 17:38   #7406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Please give a summary here. What action was taken against the driver? And how did they prove that an action has been taken against the driver? It may encourage others to reach out to these big companies as well.
I guess this was the post:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post3347061

In subsequent pages, we got to know that the driver was questioned as well as employees who traveled in that cab.
They responded in positive w.r.t his dangerous driving skills and he was fired IIRC.
Divya Sharan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2015, 19:25   #7407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divya Sharan View Post

They responded in positive w.r.t his dangerous driving skills and he was fired IIRC.
And then he would have joined the neighbouring IT company who would have recruited him without any background check. What more.. He would have received a pay hike too.
Added_flavor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th March 2015, 20:46   #7408
Senior - BHPian

what kind of crossing is that. This is bad design in all sense. I am sure there is one accident a day at this junction. They at least need a speed breaker in one of the roads or all 4. This is crazy
Old 25th March 2015, 20:57   #7409
BHPian

Quote:
I feel your pain and unfortunately this is the majority of our country. Too bad we can't stand ground as we are those minority of lot who still value our peace of mind and sensibility. Most don't. Expecting the cab drivers for discipline is asking a lot. I doubt even traffic cops would do much here except shoo the cab driver away.
I suggest just yield and pride with the fact that you are a better person with good value than him. Might sound philosophical, but works. - My 2cents
no_boundaries is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2015, 21:24   #7410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
what kind of crossing is that. This is bad design in all sense. I am sure there is one accident a day at this junction. They at least need a speed breaker in one of the roads or all 4. This is crazy
Absolutely, should have been a round about. A signal would never be respected anyway.

Most Viewed