Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2009, 20:15   #736
Senior - BHPian

lol@jassi. Great minds think alike!
Old 8th August 2009, 20:21   #737
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
What i wish for is courteous well mannered drivers on the road, but we aren't going to get there by just wishing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Don't just wish it - Be the change you want to see. A transformation can only happen one driver at a time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
i knew that was coming the moment i hit 'sumit reply'
Hehehe. Ok Jassi. I wont follow you if are driving courteously on IRR
Old 8th August 2009, 21:18   #738
BHPian

@Everyone,

I meant the missing tail lamp cluster on the Innova. Sorry, I should have mentioned it in the first place.

And I'm the one who shot the picture.
Old 9th August 2009, 06:39   #739
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
@Everyone,

I meant the missing tail lamp cluster on the Innova. Sorry, I should have mentioned it in the first place.

And I'm the one who shot the picture.
Good start to the day, reading this response of realization! And the missing taillight subject not being noticed by more than one of us only goes to show how inured we are to "minor" things such as these common things, which is why they are not noticed even when included in a bad driver picture! Not really minor, I know, no rear lights have been the cause of many truly horrifying accidents on our highways.
Old 15th August 2009, 00:38   #740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Don't just wish it - Be the change you want to see. A transformation can only happen one driver at a time.
Too true, Sawyer!
You know every time you come back to the country, the first thing that hits you is the traffic!
We claim to be an ancient civilization but when it comes to road discipline, we are the pits! But then like a friend of mine said, ''We are a free country! Can you do this in your country and get away with it?"
That aside, what probably bugs me the most is the honking at a red light at which you have stopped and the person behind is convinced that the light is non-functional and you are the only fool who is blocking his onward progress.
In a lighter vein, someone defined the picosecond as "the time between the light turning green and the guy behind you honking.”
Old 15th August 2009, 21:54   #741
Senior - BHPian

Came across a wise guy riding a pulsar(AP reg) who made sure that he took as much space he can on the right lane and ride at his own speed...and not move no matter how much you honked. it was very evident that he was proving his ego!
Old 15th August 2009, 21:59   #742
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Came across a wise guy riding a pulsar(AP reg) who made sure that he took as much space he can on the right lane and ride at his own speed...and not move no matter how much you honked. it was very evident that he was proving his ego!
I've noticed that bikers with AP/TN/KL numbers are easily the most rash or arrogant.
Old 15th August 2009, 22:36   #743
BHPian

Quote:
grrr i hate those jokers - how i wish i could

what can i do?
1. take his number and give it to the traffic police
2. stay behind him at 40kmph
3. keep honking
4. overtake from the left
5. overtake him from the left and block his way and show him whats right!

the correct thing to do would be 1
i'd be a moron to do 2 or 3, unless all other lanes are blocked
most often i'd take 4 and go my way and if i am really really super angry 5

and so i continue to call myself a disciplined driver under the right conditions. But the right conditions don't ever exist. I know the guy on bike won't move (due to ignorance or ego) and i know the cop will not do a thing and may infact start questioning me for my papers if i approach him!

If we were a more disciplined nation, I like to think i will be a disciplined driver.

As much as i'd like to be the change, i feel i am in a losing battle.
But today being independence day, i will control myself and decide to try and be more accepting of such jokers on road. All i can do is control myself and nothing else, not the stupid people on the road and certainly not the cops. Makes me wonder if fear of being fined can control the erring biker or fear of being fired can make the cop do his job better - aah forget it, i'll try n do my bit

Last edited by jassi : 15th August 2009 at 22:38.
Old 16th August 2009, 13:18   #744
Senior - BHPian

amit & jassi, so true guys its the most frustrating to go through this experience.. actually in my case i over took him once and went ahead thanks to the signal that dude went ahead, i did notice when he was over taking me he was in all hurry... i found him again after a km and his riding was the same way this time i just slowed down dint want to anything stupid..

Sad part is many such morons are around and these guys for sure spoil loads of peoples(law abiding) peace of mind on a daily basis!

Actually forgot this, yesterday morning did face another kind of moron he was driving a omni (again AP reg he was doing about 30-35 and was in the right lane on ORR...thanks to him there was a big line behind him. he dint budge after honking real hard. when i got a chance to overtake from left i saw the driver happily talking with the passenger and looking around. for a sec i thought i was in a park

Must say driving around in bangalore aint a easy job heheh!

Last edited by GTO : 18th August 2009 at 11:18. Reason: No more than 2 smilies per post please
Old 17th August 2009, 19:50   #745
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
I've noticed that bikers with AP/TN/KL numbers are easily the most rash or arrogant.
Quote:
...Actually forgot this, yesterday morning did face another kind of moron he was driving a omni (again AP reg he was doing about 30-35 and was in the right lane on ORR...thanks to him there was a big line behind him. he dint budge after honking real hard....
AP drivers seem to be getting some stick here. You guys sure you read the registration plates correctly and they weren't AS or AR or AN?

Just joking (before anyone from those places rise up in arms)
Old 19th August 2009, 11:56   #746
ada
BHPian

These are not just the AP or wahtever state, driving bikes, even here in Mumbai they behave like pests. The other day I met a couple behaving similarly (blocking traffic) and the worst part was the lady on the pillion indicating in one direction and the man moving in completely other. No wonder then in case of accidents, bike riders are the worst off. They also are the first to break a signal. Once when traffic police tried to stop a bike rider from breaking signal, it seems he slipped and died, they held up the traffic on Eastern express highway for 3 hours.
Old 31st August 2009, 23:30   #747
BHPian

this is a video on using the cellphone while driving and its consequences

It is definitely a must watch for today's mobile phone addict teens who speak on phone and sms while driving!

Last edited by jassi : 31st August 2009 at 23:32.
Old 31st August 2009, 23:41   #748
Senior - BHPian

UP 80 registered Opel Corsas.
Old 31st August 2009, 23:46   #749
Senior - BHPian

You do not need to SPOT bad drivers, they leave a SPOT on you.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dsc01088.jpg  

Old 31st August 2009, 23:50   #750
Distinguished - BHPian

The texting video (I'm sure we've discussed it on another thread) was made in UK to be shown to teenagers in schools.

Heavy stuff indeed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks