Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2015, 14:37   #7711
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Ahh!
He pulled a Hungarian Maldonado there, 3 offences at a go!

But, as far as kids go, I think you have to bring up your kid to know that he is not allowed in the front, without giving in. I've ingrained that in my sister's boy...
Like the F1 reference there. Unfortunately still being younger, I can't enforce much rules personally, so can't do much. I refuse to take small kids on pillion on 2 wheelers. And in case I'm driving I pester everyone to belt up and refuse to budge till its done.
Old 28th July 2015, 14:59   #7712
BHPian

Spotted this Duster with 2 Young women in the Boot, 4 Adults & 2 kids in the rear seat, 1 Kid & Adult in the Front Passenger seat!!
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_0843.jpg  

Mahesh Prasad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2015, 15:10   #7713
BHPian

^^

Duster has a jump seat in the boot area, offered as an official accessory which is suitable to seat kids but has no seat belts.
Old 28th July 2015, 15:17   #7714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Drive View Post
^^

Duster has a jump seat in the boot area, offered as an official accessory which is suitable to seat kids but has no seat belts.
I am aware of that, but the jumpseat can be placed only on one side if my memory serves - do correct me if I'm wrong, and in this case the women were sitting opposite to each other.
Old 28th July 2015, 16:03   #7715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahesh Prasad View Post
I am aware of that, but the jumpseat can be placed only on one side if my memory serves - do correct me if I'm wrong, and in this case the women were sitting opposite to each other.
Yes, jumpseat can be fitted to one side but these makeshift 7/8 seater Dusters will normally have cardboard boxes or luggage bags to seat the occupants in the boot. I have seen kids in the boot in numerous occasions but adults is a revelation, not there there is lack of space for adults but how they handle the journey and which Yoga positions do they follow!
Old 30th July 2015, 16:15   #7716
Senior - BHPian

I took this pic in busy traffic yesterday on Sardar Patel Road near Gandhi Mandapam while on my way to office. Please excuse the quality of the picture as I couldnt get a better one. The swift in the picture had its rear parcel tray lifted up and stuck to the rear windshield (note the red circled areas) and I could see that the visibility through the rear windshield was nil. To add to this, the driver was on his phone (if you zoom into the pic and see his RHS ORVM) and had no focus on the traffic. He seemed to be an educated guy working in an MNC.

The above is a perfect recipe for disaster. All I could do was pray I get some way and steer clear of him.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-20150729_113433.jpg  

Old 5th August 2015, 23:47   #7717
BHPian

Presenting a candidate for "genius of the year" award. This kind of driving makes me want to stay at home, and travel the length and breadth of India with "peg-man in google earth". Truly reckless, scary and downright uncouth behavior by the driver.

XUV Video-

Note from Support - The Mercedes video has been removed due to foul language which is inappropriate for the forum and this post has been edited accordingly.

Last edited by n_aditya : 12th August 2015 at 21:08.
shady_lawyer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 09:27   #7718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady_lawyer View Post
Presenting two candidates for "genius of the year" award. This kind of driving makes me want to stay at home, and travel the length and breadth of India with "peg-man in google earth". Truly reckless, scary and downright uncouth behavior by both the drivers.
These kind of idiots are everywhere.
They feel since they have spent so much money in buying powerful cars, they are entitled to drive at break neck speeds.
You can never argue with these idiots.

We have many examples of such high speed driving resulting in horrible crashes taking away lives and still these idiots will never learn.
Old 6th August 2015, 09:34   #7719
BHPian

Well as the saying goes money can buy anything except brains and character. At least the xuv guy was not rash in his behavior or driving iirc.

Last edited by n_aditya : 12th August 2015 at 21:08. Reason: original post above has been edited
Dieseldunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 10:56   #7720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady_lawyer View Post
Presenting two candidates for "genius of the year" award. This kind of driving makes me want to stay at home, and travel the length and breadth of India with "peg-man in google earth". Truly reckless, scary and downright uncouth behavior by both the drivers.

Disclaimer the Mercedes video includes profanity, best to watch it in mute.

XUV Video-
well, nothing left to say actually; the video says it all.

couple of points though:
  • the fella giving the commentary in the first part of the XUV video is hilarious! should send this fella to give commentary for F1
  • the driver giving commentary in the XUV video.. such a wannabe. he didn't know why it wasn't going beyod 180! oh wait.. i forgot there's one more gear!

Last edited by n_aditya : 12th August 2015 at 21:09. Reason: merc video deleted in the original post
IronH4WK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 22:32   #7721
BHPian

Guys, what do you say for this? A dude tries to chase an i10 and it results in a crash! pretty sad isn't it? To see what happens, you can go towards the end. The dude who makes all the nasty commentary cuts the video after the crash!

Old 7th August 2015, 01:18   #7722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinih75 View Post
Guys, what do you say for this? A dude tries to chase an i10 and it results in a crash! pretty sad isn't it? To see what happens, you can go towards the end. The dude who makes all the nasty commentary cuts the video after the crash!
Srini, there's an i10 crash into the divider at the end but the car in which the videographer is traveling does not seem to be involved. The commentary is in tamil so unfortunately I did not follow it..but this video is far less disturbing than the two posted earlier.
Kumar R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 11:40   #7723
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinih75 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumar R View Post
Srini, there's an i10 crash into the divider at the end but the car in which the videographer is traveling does not seem to be involved. The commentary is in tamil so unfortunately I did not follow it..but this video is far less disturbing than the two posted earlier.
+1. This does not seem like the previous 2 videos.

I don't see how this XUV could have resulted in the i10 upfront crashing. If I am faced with someone tailgating me trying to pass, I yield. Not a good idea to take offence and try to block it.

That said, it's not clear from the video as to what caused the crash, maybe the Indica suddenly emerged from the gap in the divider and it was too late for the i10 to brake.

PS: Can anyone please translate the commentary, if its okay to be posted on a public forum?
Old 7th August 2015, 14:02   #7724
Senior - BHPian

commenting on how i10 is doing 150kmph. nothing more i guess. and after the crash the co passenger calmly asks driver to keep going. not even bothered to look.

and srini, couldnt figure out the nasty commentary part.
Old 8th August 2015, 09:45   #7725
BHPian

I will try and do a transcript this weekend. From the video it isn't evident, but I saw it about 3/4 times to confirm what I heard and tied to what I saw. I am not blaming that individual but was only highlighting the attitude and mindset of people who lead others to a wild goose chase. I was initially thinking its my perception people get some kick, but these videos prove there are such people who exist and all of us need to watch out.

Most Viewed