Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2015, 19:55   #7771
BHPian

Ah looks like I encountered the moronic xuv videos by chance in YouTube today. Then there's this vento guy smoking Nissan sunny blah blah video. Check it out guys.
Off late,many young boy racers has got hold of turbo diesels and try to race each other in highways risking everyone.
Few days back,saw a ritz street racing with a Range Rover vogue at around 150 kmph I believe,wriggling in between traffic with the latter tailgating closely wanting to outrun but blocked by the former.
God help these people getting back their sanity.
The stretch of NH 45 between villupuram -Trichy and madurai-tirunelveli are the hot favourite among egoistic boy racers.
However,one interesting finding in my observation for past 5 years was most of the boy racers with road rage turned out to be so-called-family guys aged between late 30s to 50s contradictory my hypothesis of young tech professionals population to be high in that group.
printh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2015, 15:43   #7772
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
That divider is like a security blanket for the two wheeler rider. He must get there at any cost!

Btb such a wide road and no lane markers?

Well.. thats how things are on Bangalore roads. Very few roads have lane markings.
Old 13th September 2015, 23:25   #7773
BHPian

Anybody knows what CTM registration means? The guy circled coolly parked the vehicle on road inspite of vehicles behind and walked of to a tea shop nearby !!
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-ctm.png  

Old 13th September 2015, 23:38   #7774
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssateesh View Post
Anybody knows what CTM registration means?
CT_ is an old registration series of Karnataka, 80s probably.
The car is currently registered under Madikeri RTO. If you need more registration details, check at
http://164.100.80.164/vehiclesearch/
schakravarthy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 00:19   #7775
BHPian

Thanks for the RTO Karnataka link. This is really useful to track the vehicle owners who commit offence on Bangalore roads.
Old 14th September 2015, 10:09   #7776
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssateesh View Post
Anybody knows what CTM registration means? The guy circled coolly parked the vehicle on road inspite of vehicles behind and walked of to a tea shop nearby !!
CTM, CRM, CNM, CMM are all old series registration marks given to vehicles registered around the Mysore area between 1980 and 1990.
Old 14th September 2015, 14:18   #7777
Senior - BHPian

whoa! was that Schumi's Ferrari? nah.. just a BMTC bus!

posting it here since, well - i survived. else someone else would have posted in the Accident PICS thread
Old 15th September 2015, 01:43   #7778
Senior - BHPian

I was waiting for the green, with a parked Meru taxi to my left, and two impatient drivers to my right. The signal turns green, and since my view of the traffic on the right is impaired by the two cars (and the thick A-pillar), I didn't quite see the impatient Harley rider who'd jumped his signal and barged in. If not for a last split-second steering correction, the Harley would've been under my front bumper.

To the guy who was riding the Harley: though I do appreciate that your pillion was also wearing a helmet (for whatever reason it was), traffic signals are not optional just because it's Sunday
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 00:59   #7779
BHPian

Spotted this over loaded Alot 800 at Navi Mumbai toll naka.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-20150915_101347.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-20150915_101421.jpg

It had 8 total passengers
(7 adults + 1 Teenager)

There were 3 at the front (an adult and the teenager in the Co-driver seat) and 5 at the back.

The back seat's backrest seemed to have been absent. I guess he must have made it flat like a bed to free boot space so everyone could fit in with their legs folded and crossed.

The best part was the car was actually squatting on the ground and its GC looked like that of a sports car. On a light note, its good for cornering kno?

Wonder what would happen if the car went in a pothole at speed or faced a puncture.

Note to Mod: Kindly rotate the pictures as i'm unable to do so. Thankyou

Moderator's Note: Please report the post to communicate with the Support team. Thank you!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th September 2015 at 15:46.
Old 16th September 2015, 03:17   #7780
Distinguished - BHPian

It's a hatchback. People are hatching in there!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 14:45   #7781
BHPian

Ah the same used to happen with my friends family too in their wagonr. They used to fold away the rear seats and 4 to 5 people used to sit tightly on the flat surface. Remember how proudly he used to say the cars capability and versatile usage.
Old 16th September 2015, 17:34   #7782
BHPian

Bad Driver - TN-09-BQ-1462

White Hyundai i10 driven by a female in her late twenties. An irritating driver all along from Guindy to Chromepet. Cutting across lanes abruptly, no response even after the signal turning green, gunning the accelerator all of a sudden etc;

And, when she was waiting to take a U-turn at Chromepet signal, the signal turned green, she didn't respond at all. Guess what? She was busy applying nail polish :( Sigh!
Old 16th September 2015, 17:52   #7783

Spotted one on the Mumbai Pune Expressway. Driving at 90+ KMPH and has both his hands over the steering wheel holding a tablet. He was merrily checking things on the tablet while driving and overtaking cars. No photos as I had both my hands on the wheel.
Old 16th September 2015, 20:52   #7784
BHPian

Happened to search YouTube for bragging videos of morons and found quite a few. One is Wagonr chased by swift and another video Laura ,wagonr ,Santro racing each other etc. what's more irritating than the mad race is their comments and conversations. Despite me knowing nothing about hindhi ,I got irritated at the panache of those fellows.
As usual,following Ganesh chathurthi tomorrow,the NH 45 has started teeming with boy racers desperately trying to overtake each other in the middle of heavy traffic.
Old 17th September 2015, 01:05   #7785
Distinguished - BHPian

Beware, beware... I always find the roads to be much more dangerous on festival days

Here's another one to add to my list of biker annoyances. Not exclusively a 2-wheel habit, but mostly...

-- Hooting at us to get out of the way when they are driving the wrong way on a one-way street.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks