Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2015, 12:46   #7831
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
Speaking of badly driven KA vehicles, this person with a pea sized brain thought it would be a good idea to park his zen like this. Look at the gap on the left! I had to get in through the passenger door! -_-
Attachment 1419097
I do not have anything against out KA brothers but when I see a KA5 on highways, I give a wide breadth. What I observed was, three out of five KA5 are rashly driven on highways. Personal opinion and no offence intended.
Old 28th September 2015, 13:08   #7832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alavandar View Post
Looking at the photo, I think we cannot blame the SUV driver but the people who made the last slot of the parking lot should take the blame. The last slot is not only narrow but also the shrubs are intruding into the already narrow width.
then (s)he should have parked on the right slot and left the slot on the left for someone with a small car
Old 28th September 2015, 13:30   #7833
BHPian

Quote:
Looking at the photo, I think we cannot blame the SUV driver but the people who made the last slot of the parking lot should take the blame. The last slot is not only narrow but also the shrubs are intruding into the already narrow width.
He could have parked in the next slot. (It was obviously empty when he parked). If he had done that, a smaller car could have been parked in his current slot.

EDIT: didn't see the above post by IronH4WK. I said the same thing.

Last edited by JohnyBoy : 28th September 2015 at 13:33.
JohnyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 14:26   #7834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
then (s)he should have parked on the right slot and left the slot on the left for someone with a small car
I agree but no one can deny that the last slot is narrow and is insufficient. I still hold that this as a "forced error" on the part of the SUV driver. More over, if he left the last lot empty, some moron could have tried parking and scratched his SUV. By the way is this error so dangerous or something? So many of us are self righteous and many a times we can not see our own mistakes

Last edited by alavandar : 28th September 2015 at 14:28. Reason: Sentence added.
alavandar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 18:57   #7835
Team-BHP Support

Nearly got run over today by one of those imbeciles behind the wheel of an 'INFANT'S' marked mini-bus.

Happened near Jayanagar 3rd block moving towards Bannerghatta Road Mosque. People familiar with the area will know the internal roads are wide enough even with vehicles parked kerbside both lanes, but not wide enough to race buses, which is exactly what this idiot was doing with one of those rainbow-painted buses with ear-splitting horns (no idea what this moron was doing on a semi-residential road either).

I was pottering on at ~30kmph on my bike, when I suddenly noticed this imbecile driving the minibus try to pull out for an overtake on the rainbow contraption. I flashed a couple times, expecting him to fall back in as there's no space for the move and we were approaching a speed-breaker anyway.

To my horror he just jumped the speed-breaker instead of slowing down and came straight at me like I just wasn't there. I stopped quickly, and had to lean precariously on a car parked kerbside to avoid being road-kill by a whisker, that was all the difference between posting this on the forum and being an Obituary in tomorrow's papers.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 28th September 2015 at 18:59.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 21:45   #7836
BHPian

Quote:
I counted the lines on each slot and the last one is equally wide. Its the camera angle that makes it look narrow.

You're right about the shrubs covering to some extent though.

Yes, it's not about bad driving that can endanger the public, but definitely a very good case of bad parking.
VintageSree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 21:55   #7837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
By the way is this error so dangerous or something? So many of us are self righteous and many a times we can not see our own mistakes
this here is exactly the problem - this just a parking error. there people who would say the same for drunk driving (i just had a wee bit), driving on the wrong side (i just have to go till there) - we Indians have a bad habit - adjust madi - and things are really getting out of hand. lets just agree to disagree.

just an FYI, i too was looking for a parking spot that day at the airport; had to go to the farthest end to park. there was a lot of crowd at the airport and while people were having trouble finding spot for parking, this fella here has taken up two.

also, if this fella is worried about getting scratches on his car, maybe he should leave it at home
IronH4WK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 00:24   #7838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
also, if this fella is worried about getting scratches on his car, maybe he should leave it at home
How considerate of you regarding someone else property. He had not paid 25 L to keep in garage and neither he can park it in precarious manner so that some moron tries to squeeze his car and scratch his 25L SUV. And taking a longer walk once a while from parked car is good for health

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSree View Post
I counted the lines on each slot and the last one is equally wide. Its the camera angle that makes it look narrow.
Kindly calculate the number of lines marking the last and the last but one parking slot. The last is five and a half widths and the last but one is six widths or slightly more. That is the last slot is less wide. And look at the shrubs and the sand heeped. If the guy parked too close to them the co passenger opening the left door has to get down right into the shrubs. Dear Sir I am trying to be objective and impartial. Regds

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 29th September 2015 at 06:11. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use multi-quote/QUOTE+ to quote multiple posts and respond to them.
alavandar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 09:50   #7839
BHPian

Quote:
I do not have anything against out KA brothers but when I see a KA5 on highways, I give a wide breadth. What I observed was, three out of five KA5 are rashly driven on highways. Personal opinion and no offence intended.
I think there is no need for such state specific generalized comments. Team BHP is a pan India forum and all of us here are Indians. Such comments pointing out somebody just shows the narrow minded thinking. Also, we are talking about bad drivers here. Not bad vehicles. The vehicle could be driven by a TN driver as well.

Please refrain from such comments.
Blr_RK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 10:19   #7840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blr_RK View Post
I think there is no need for such state specific generalized comments. Team BHP is a pan India forum and all of us here are Indians. Such comments pointing out somebody just shows the narrow minded thinking. Also, we are talking about bad drivers here. Not bad vehicles. The vehicle could be driven by a TN driver as well.

Please refrain from such comments.
I agree. I was commenting on an earlier thread which had a specific mention about KA5 car parked with zero gap . No malice intended as I mentioned earlier. I also submit that I have driven so far 2.5 lakh km on cars since taking licence in 1995 and mostly in Delhi Mumbai UP Haryana Rajastan Maharashtra Punjab Andhra TN Kerala and Karnataka. For info I give berth to TN 22 taxis TN45 and TN72 also. TN37 38 66 are generally courteous on road (Coimbatore). It is a mere on road observation . And am sorry if you found offence.

Last edited by alavandar : 29th September 2015 at 10:42.
alavandar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 14:09   #7841
BHPian

Hey vehicle regn does not matter but definitely the guy behind the wheel matters. Don't bother if KA, TN, MH, KL. End of day the sensitivity of the God given gift between the two ears of all humans should be put to optimal use for judgment.
Dieseldunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 23:08   #7842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseldunk View Post
Hey vehicle regn does not matter but definitely the guy behind the wheel matters. Don't bother if KA, TN, MH, KL. End of day the sensitivity of the God given gift between the two ears of all humans should be put to optimal use for judgment.
Hey diesel dunk. Yes I agree. Grey matter matters.
alavandar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 12:26   #7843
Senior - BHPian

Had a heart-in-the-mouth near-miss yesterday in Koramangala 5th Block.
Black pimped-up Baleno with four kids in it. I was turning left from the left lane, Baleno was to my right also wanting to turn left. Predictably, I ended up getting ahead of the Baleno while making the turn.
I guess they then got pissed off, and maybe the T-BHP stickers added fuel to their anger. They overtook me from the left 100m down the road (was in the right lane of the one way street because of slow-moving cabs/autos/double-parked cars on the left) and cut me off, with barely a lick of paint between the two cars. The only thing that prevented an accident was emergency braking by me, which gave them space.
Thing is, until I ended up "overtaking" them on the left turn, they were driving quite sensibly!!
Old 30th September 2015, 12:32   #7844
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Nearly got run over today by one of those imbeciles behind the wheel of an 'INFANT'S' marked mini-bus.

Happened near Jayanagar 3rd block moving towards Bannerghatta Road Mosque. People familiar with the area will know the internal roads are wide enough even with vehicles parked kerbside both lanes, but not wide enough to race buses, which is exactly what this idiot was doing with one of those rainbow-painted buses with ear-splitting horns (no idea what this moron was doing on a semi-residential road either).

I was pottering on at ~30kmph on my bike, when I suddenly noticed this imbecile driving the minibus try to pull out for an overtake on the rainbow contraption. I flashed a couple times, expecting him to fall back in as there's no space for the move and we were approaching a speed-breaker anyway.

To my horror he just jumped the speed-breaker instead of slowing down and came straight at me like I just wasn't there. I stopped quickly, and had to lean precariously on a car parked kerbside to avoid being road-kill by a whisker, that was all the difference between posting this on the forum and being an Obituary in tomorrow's papers.
Have been through such scenario a couple of times.

Such morons must be flogged in public! They drive with brazen impunity towards fellow road users and act like 'King of the road' . No remorse, no retrospection. In case of a road kill or a hit they scoot off. These travels are backed by political clout so there act with such high handedness! Infant, Vinayaka, SRS, Gangotri ,Jannit are all full of such morons.
Old 30th September 2015, 13:15   #7845
Senior - BHPian

While we're discussing bad divers here, I'd like to post the following observations regarding good drivers. They do deserve some recognition.

On 2 wheelers
1. Using indicators
2. Pillion wearing helmets
3. Kids sitting behind rider instead on tank
4. Stopped till signal turns green than starting to inch forward as countdown moves to 0

In cars
1. Rear passengers belted in
2. Kids sitting behind
3. Properly adjusted mirrors
4. Keeps to middle lane unless overtaking
5. Keeping safe distance from other vehicles

Why I'm posting this is, I have been observing subtle changes atleast in my area. People are honking less, being considerate of others and being in general decent drivers. Maybe they have been reading this thread and are worried about being bashed here.
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks