Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2016, 13:48   #7981
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by couswheels View Post
The famous Kerala Private buses and their infamous rash driving on Mannuthy Vadakkanchery stretch on NH47. This was taken from my car's dash camera.

Really dangerous......
Oh man. That is just scary and wrong. Bullies.

Wish we had better roads though. Empty plots on both sides yet we stick to 2 lane highways :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
Govt should ban all New Year celebrations. More and more AH's getting on the road.

Check this guy, what he does inside an underpass.
Alcohol effect?
Old 1st January 2016, 14:38   #7982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Alcohol effect?
Dont know. Could be. Considering New Year's Eve, chances are high of alcohol consumption.
Old 3rd January 2016, 14:20   #7983
Senior - BHPian

Articulation that could make a Jeep blush!

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-picsart_010302.16.50.jpg

'Twas pretty scary, the way the driver was zooming about.. And, to top it he headed for a hill. God bless them.
Old 3rd January 2016, 14:35   #7984
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The famous Kerala Private buses and their infamous rash driving on Mannuthy Vadakkanchery stretch on NH47. This was taken from my car's dash camera.
Really dangerous......
That was 'Zinderella' in a hurry to reach before 12 to meet its prince charming

But seriously, that was some super rash driving. I would have ended up in a road rage with them !!!
Old 3rd January 2016, 14:50   #7985
BHPian

Not sure if this is the right thread. BHPian driving an XUV regn number KA01MJxxx sporting an LTD sticker, I spotted you yesterday evening between Dharmapuri & Krishnagiri. Could you please learn to indicate when shifting lanes? You my friend are a bad driver IMHO. You cut me off twice without indication. Take care and drive safe.
PatchyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2016, 16:19   #7986
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The famous Kerala Private buses and their infamous rash driving on Mannuthy Vadakkanchery stretch on NH47.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
But seriously, that was some super rash driving. I would have ended up in a road rage with them !!!
These private buses are a law unto themselves. Most of them deliver a share to those who are supposed to check their rash driving, so you can't even ruffle their feathers. One reason why they drive so rash is, the gap between two services is as small as 30 seconds to 1 minute at certain times of the day.

Again, this is because of the nonchalance of the authorities on various counts - allowing many such maniacs let loose on the road, the KSRTC not being allowed to run more services, turning a blind eye to the traffic violations, playing soft on the NHAI for delaying the widening of the road, just to name a few.
Old 3rd January 2016, 21:17   #7987
BHPian

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
Not sure if this is the right thread. BHPian driving an XUV regn number KA01MJxxx sporting an LTD sticker, I spotted you yesterday evening between Dharmapuri & Krishnagiri. Could you please learn to indicate when shifting lanes? You my friend are a bad driver IMHO. You cut me off twice without indication. Take care and drive safe.

One consistent practice what I have seen on the highways and in cities across states is that you wouldn't find any of the vehicles use indicators while turning or switching lanes. May be they do not have the time to use those indicator stalks.

Few public would be ready to buy vehicles without indicator stalks if they could get good discounts.

Last edited by couswheels : 3rd January 2016 at 21:27.
Old 4th January 2016, 10:58   #7988
Senior - BHPian

Excellent lane discipline.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-imageuploadedbyteambhp1451885320.467238.jpg
Old 4th January 2016, 14:58   #7989
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Excellent lane discipline.

Attachment 1456338
Waste of road space. There is room for a couple of autos and sixteen bikes there!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th January 2016, 08:20   #7990
Team-BHP Support

This was in the evening yesterday as I was returning home from work and it was getting dark gradually. Suddenly the car trailing me was swerving left and right, a quick glance at the rear view mirror and the driver was making out with his girlfriend/wife in their brand new Ciaz! All this while the car was moving! Just stop the damn car by the side of the road and do whatever you want to but please don’t put others’ lives on the road at risk! Man, this was too much!
Gannu_1 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th January 2016, 10:31   #7991
BHPian

I experience this one thing very common on the roads around Navi Mumbai and Mumbai; the vehicles approaching a signal never file up in a straight line. They fall in like the brick game of yesteryear - wherever there is open space as close to the crossing as possible. I am always worried of some car or bike brushing my ride, they cut so close to the other vehicles on the road. I've seldom seen a vehicle braking and falling in line behind another vehicle at a signal.. The immediate reaction is turn right or left on to the next lane or somewhere in between. It's is very frustrating and worrisome. Signalling is a far cry.
Kalesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2016, 10:55   #7992
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
This was in the evening yesterday as I was returning home from work and it was getting dark gradually. Suddenly the car trailing me was swerving left and right, a quick glance at the rear view mirror and the driver was making out with his girlfriend/wife in their brand new Ciaz! All this while the car was moving! Just stop the damn car by the side of the road and do whatever you want to but please don’t put others’ lives on the road at risk! Man, this was too much!

like the fella (or felli) on the two wheeler with the phone stuck between their ear and shoulder talking away to glory, riding in the middle of the road blocking traffic behind them, this couple too didn't have to stop and do.. whatever is they wanted to do

i guess they wanted to do things on the fly (no pun intended )
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2016, 13:35   #7993
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Just stop the damn car by the side of the road and do whatever you want to but please don’t put others’ lives on the road at risk! Man, this was too much!
Last month something similar happened with me too. Around 8 pm I was approaching Ambedkar Nagar red light (dead end of BRT). Some 500 metres ahead the red light I approached a black Getz doing around 10km/h. Here the road is so narrow due to Madangir residence parking their cars on footpath and half of the available road for cars. The couple seated in Getz was making out and the whole cars and bikes behind was patiently trailing them. I honked, flashed high-beam, but nothing distracted them. The funny part was that, Getz being a little wider car and the average height couple was struggling for a lip lo.. and when they managed it, he hit the brake and brought the car to standstill instantly and we all had to brake accordingly. When we all reached the red light all were staring at them, couple of bikers' were throwing @#!*, still they were in cloud nine as if nothing had happened. My expression was

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 5th January 2016, 14:26   #7994
SDP
Team-BHP Support

I see bad drivers everyday. In fact, the default is 'bad' in India. But, I couldn't believe my eyes today.

Mumbai. Eastern Express Highway. 4 lanes on each side. A key artery of Mumbai's traffic flow. Speeds can be as high as 80-100kmph, except during a few peak office hours.

And on such a highway, at 10:30AM, when the traffic was flowing easily at 80kmph, I saw a bike stopped in the right-most lane i.e. the fastest lane. What was the biker doing? He was seated on the saddle and clicking a picture of an advertisement hoarding with a proper point-and-shoot camera.

Last edited by SDP : 5th January 2016 at 14:32.
SDP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2016, 15:01   #7995
BHPian

Today was a great day as I could witness circus on the road. The event manager was a guy in a Honda unicorn. The act was to balance a heavy load on one side and drive through busy streets.
This hero had a 2ft by 2ft by 2.5ft bag on the right handrest of the pillion. The fully loaded bag jutted out by ~2ft. He was constantly grazing cars beside him. The cake was when this bag inadvertently hit another two wheeler, the guy who got hit move to the oncoming traffic and this guy got rebounded left towards the footpath where a cow was chewing its breaker. The guys arms hit the horn of the cow and he rebounds back into his lane only to again push the next two wheeler beside him to face oncoming traffic
It did not end there, he regained balance and kept driving ignoring the obvious, till he reached the police post in the center of a junction to take a right turn. The bag gets caught in the police post façade and the driver gets caught by the cop. Maybe this is what they call "the police BAGged the offender".
FuelInjector is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed