Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2016, 10:22   #8041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
What, exactly, is going on here?
I guess the Innova driver is driving on the opposite lane. But the one who took the photo is equally guilty.
swift_guy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th January 2016, 10:42   #8042
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSMILES View Post
A police vehicle overtaking the trucks with loads of vehicles coming opposite. He is not bothered about the lane.

And you are where?

Also, is that actually a police vehicle, or one of those people whose uncle's son's friend's vet's driver once sat for an IPS exam?
mayankk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2016, 11:03   #8043
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A police vehicle overtaking the trucks with loads of vehicles coming opposite. He is not bothered about the lane.
Isn't the vehicle behind the police vehicle also doing the same?
Old 16th January 2016, 11:35   #8044
BHPian

I was behind the truck on the left. My friend in another car came behind this to capture the photo. He also posted the photo on the police twitter page. My brother captured the image from my car. See below
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-1452924295076.jpg  

Old 16th January 2016, 12:18   #8045
BHPian

Yesterday I gave a life to a biker. He rushed in from the right.. Straight into an oncoming ST bus and came rushing in cutting through me and the ST bus. ST never brakes on my roads so I did the honors. Hurled abuses but felt good saving the ignorant 😊
Kalesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2016, 12:20   #8046
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Also, is that actually a police vehicle, or one of those people whose uncle's son's friend's vet's driver once sat for an IPS exam?
It is indeed a govt vehicle, going by the KA-nn-G-xxxx registration. It was only recently that a KA RTO showed up on the Bangalore traffic police's FB page, for parking on a congested road.
Old 16th January 2016, 12:49   #8047
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was behind the truck on the left. My friend in another car came behind this to capture the photo. He also posted the photo on the police twitter page. My brother captured the image from my car. See below
I'm not surprised that he went on the opposite lane on this road.
This road is essentially the ORR that begins from Tumkur road and connects to BEL circle and then Hebbal. There are two railway gates one after the other and when one of it closes, it is madness.
The trucks are let to use this road for a few hours and when they are left, they come in huge numbers since they have been piled up before letting them enter the city.
The approach to the gate from where the snap was taken is a sharp curve and the trucks line up to almost a km. Almost all passenger vehicles, including buses take the opposite lane not knowing if the gate is closed or not and ends up in a gridlock at the gate.
There is a half built flyover here and a bunch of cops who regularly fine truckers instead of regulating traffic.
Not justifying the government vehicle, but this is a usual occurrence on this road.

Last edited by tharian : 16th January 2016 at 12:50.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2016, 12:59   #8048
BHPian

Tharian. You are right. But again if the law makers themselves do this then how do you think the situation will improve.
Old 16th January 2016, 18:27   #8049
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tharian. You are right. But again if the law makers themselves do this then how do you think the situation will improve.
By not following the lawmakers car, doing the same.
You were on the right side and took a picture. , not required to follow the Innova just to take a picture to post it FB or Twitter. If it was your friend who did that, same goes for him too.
tharian is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2016, 23:35   #8050
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Very easy if we have morons like this
Quote:
Originally Posted by swift_guy View Post
I guess the Innova driver is driving on the opposite lane. But the one who took the photo is equally guilty.
Quite true. The guy following the Police Vehicle is, in my opinion, inviting disaster and is suicidal stuff. The Police car will dodge past and the one following will be a sitting duck in front of oncoming traffic.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2016, 07:41   #8051
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Bikers who ride without helmet are bad drivers. We have discussed that multiple times on this forum.

I was catching up on some old episodes of Seinfeld and came across this gem:

SDP is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th January 2016, 22:37   #8052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benu9714 View Post
In Kolkata bikers have some endearing characteristics

1. When you are in the extreme left lane, doing a left turn, a bike will try to squeeze through between you and the pavement. If you are lucky, he will also be turning left. But more often than not, he is going straight !!

2. They will squeeze past you when you have stopped at a traffic light and knock your side mirror. If it is the left side mirror, you have to undo your seat belt, wind down the window and reach out to get the mirror back in place.

3. They will squeeze through to stop in front of you at a traffic light and switch off the engine to save fuel. When the light turns green the bike won't start. He will keep kicking and fiddling with this and that while you wait in frustration. When the light turns red his bike will start and he will zoom off leaving you waiting for another round of lights and, if you are unlucky, another batch of bikers in front of you.
Thats pretty much a daily routine I encounter while in a car here down South in Kerala. So lets just call it a typical Indian biker's way of behaviour on road. No offence to bikers, but 90% of the bikers I encounter are impatient...

Last edited by XtremeTorque : 17th January 2016 at 22:41.
Old 17th January 2016, 23:07   #8053
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was behind the truck on the left. My friend in another car came behind this to capture the photo. My brother captured the image from my car. See below
So your friend overtook you and the truck in front of you in one go, to click this picture?

Last edited by rajeev k : 17th January 2016 at 23:10.
Old 18th January 2016, 09:41   #8054
BHPian

Quote:
My friend in another car came behind this to capture the photo. He also posted the photo on the police twitter page.
Tell me again why you've posted the Police car's picture here, but not posted your friend's picture?

Also, posting the pic on the police's twitter page is gonna go down well, since he's also doing the same thing.
Old 18th January 2016, 11:53   #8055
BHPian

Had to do a B'lore-Mysore-B'lore dash yesterday to visit a sick relative. Chose to take the Malavalli - Kanakapura route on the way back, anticipating heavy long weekend return traffic on the Mysore - Mandya - Bangalore route. For non-localites, the chosen route is two lane undivided all the way through.

On the highway, I tend to overtake vehicles that are slowing me down and let faster moving vehicles pass. So, when a swift was slowing me down, I overtook him as soon as an opportunity presented itself. The moment I did that, the swift guy started speeding up, overtook me very rashly, in the face of oncoming traffic, swerved a couple of times and almost hit a two wheeler coming in the opposite direction. The poor two-wheeler guy had to get off the road to save himself.

After this, the swift guy slowed down and started driving sedately. I overtook him again and after a few kilometers, he pulled the same stunt and got ahead of me again. I simply cannot understand why people take it personally when they are overtaken. I had to forcibly slowdown and it cost me an extra 30 minutes drive time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks