Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2016, 20:00   #8116
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
I was so furious at that guy's arrogance that day, I would have taught him a lesson he would not have forgotten, but had to let go.
These are precisely the reasons why people take to street justice. The slap you gave him was the best you could give, and you have given it. It is only things like slaps which drill some sense into these folks.
Old 4th February 2016, 20:11   #8117
Senior - BHPian

Happened to me once as well.
Was driving on 100ft road Indira Nagar when a TATA Winger on the left who I was in the process of overtaking suddenly swerved into my path. I just about managed to miss scrapping him on the left and the divider on the right. And when I saw he was on the phone with just one hand on the steering, it infuriated me. I made him stop and gave him a piece of my mind and he even apologized.
Next I see him, he is still on the phone and he overtakes me on the left at a signal and starts blocking me and weaving whenever I was about to overtake. I keep calm and finally overtake him and stop ahead and I walk up to the van and ask the employee (just 2 of them) which company and get my answer and walk away. This ticks him off since I got to know the company name since there was no rash driving number on his van, but the travel name was stuck on the rear glass which was enough.
He overtakes me and blocks my path after this and gets down with an employee and starts yelling and the employee too starts mouthing off too. I didn't bother lowering the window and my friend who was with me lost her patience when she noticed the employee talking and blaming me for the incident. I shut the window for her after I noticed there was no point reasoning when they were trying to blame me like I started off the incidents. Finally after he realized I wasn't reacting, he drove away.

Got back home and got the number of the travel agency and shot an email and got a reply soon asking for the registration number. That would have been the worst luck I had, my dashcam wasn't turned off for few hours after the incident that day and I lost the footage to check the registration due to loop recording.

Last edited by tharian : 4th February 2016 at 20:34.
Old 5th February 2016, 11:23   #8118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
worst luck I had, my dashcam wasn't turned off for few hours after the incident that day and I lost the footage to check the registration due to loop recording
That's why I carry two Micro SD cards. One will be on and the other will be a backup.., just in case. Also, I will make sure that the SJ4000 is turned off before I go away from the car when at office and I always carry it inside the house when I get back home since I park on the road and prying eyes won't even let car perfume and mobile charger be safe inside (had a recent experience you see.., with the rear quarter glass being broken in order to steal them )
Old 6th February 2016, 15:49   #8119
Distinguished - BHPian

Not bad driving, but a bad parking incident.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img20160206wa00092.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img20160206wa0008.jpg

There was plenty of space around. I had to get in through the passenger side and squeeze my way into the driver seat.

Left a note "I am a normal human and not a magician to be able to get into the car through any space available. Please take a little more care to ensure you are not obstructing the driver side of the neighbouring car when parking".

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 6th February 2016 at 15:53.
Rajeevraj is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 08:04   #8120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Not bad driving, but a bad parking incident.

There was plenty of space around. I had to get in through the passenger side and squeeze my way into the driver seat.

Left a note "I am a normal human and not a magician to be able to get into the car through any space available. Please take a little more care to ensure you are not obstructing the driver side of the neighbouring car when parking".
Mate, No amount of such advice will knock some sense in the minds of such people. I have come across similar situations wherein 2 wheelers have parked just in front of my car and another car right behind mine with very little space. Now how do i move my car.??
I came out to see if the 2 wheeler guy was around. Not finding him,I manged to moved his locked vehicle away from my car thereby creating space for me to get out.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 10:32   #8121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Mate, No amount of such advice will knock some sense in the minds of such people.
I came out to see if the 2 wheeler guy was around. Not finding him,I manged to moved his locked vehicle away from my car thereby creating space for me to get out.
This has happened so many times in my office. People just park their bike right behind my car (and I need to reverse to get out in the first place). They also lock their handles. I am like

I usually just have to manhandle the bike out of my way (read: Drag it out of my way). I expect educated people to atleast have that much sense.
Old 8th February 2016, 10:49   #8122
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have come across similar situations wherein 2 wheelers have parked just in front of my car and another car right behind mine with very little space. Now how do i move my car.??
Sometimes they park so close that wonders how they even had room for their own leg!

Completely brain-dead.
Old 8th February 2016, 11:05   #8123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Sometimes they park so close that wonders how they even had room for their own leg!

Completely brain-dead.
Imagine a >200 KG bike parked like that.

Had been witness to a Royal Enfield Bullet being parked too close to a car. The poor guy tried his best to move the multi-quintal bike out of his way. After a fair amount of huffing and puffing, he had to give up and wait for the 'Bulleteer' to turn up.
Old 8th February 2016, 11:14   #8124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have come across similar situations wherein 2 wheelers have parked just in front of my car and another car right behind mine with very little space. Now how do i move my car.??
I had faced this when some idiot parked his bike in the space between my car and another car and went away feeling proud of his 'smartness'. I went to fetch my car and find that the gap that I had left between the car ahead is no more. Since the bike was locked, I could only pull it out in a curved manner. No ways I would risk my back trying to lift the bike. I just pulled it out and it turned half circle, as shown in this attachment:

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-park.jpg
I took my car out and saw that a towing vehicle was approaching. I just stood there and they saw that the bike was not parked in the slot. They immediately picked it up and went

So if someone is unruly enough to park in such a manner, pull out the bike and leave it there. No one will put it back and the cops will teach that owner a surprise lesson for creating a huge jam by parking in the middle of the road. Maybe not fair, but these people should learn the hard way.

Last edited by audioholic : 8th February 2016 at 11:20.
audioholic is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 11:19   #8125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I just pulled it out and it went parallel to the car ahead of me. I took my car out and saw that a towing vehicle was approaching. I just stood there and they saw that the bike was not parked in the slot. They immediately picked it up and went
Well done Mate Those gap squeezers deserve this kind of punishment. I feel in Bangalore more than shortage of homes, it is actually shortage of parking. No wonder we see road rage pertaining to the parking issue. In HSR layout it is even worse. I think on the 27th main road, vehicles are parked diagonally.
Even buses find it difficult to proceed in case of jam. Longer the car (sedan) more is the jam.
We talk about odd and even registration vehicles plying on Delhi. I feel in KA the govt must ban large and long cars, SUV's . Bangalore roads cannot handle such vehicles.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th February 2016 at 11:28. Reason: Fixing quotes.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 11:26   #8126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I feel in Bangalore more than shortage of homes, it is actually shortage of parking.
This is but let me rant a bit about stupid and brainless idiots of our city, who build a multistoryed house with zero parking place.

Every inch of the house is converted to a room, to extract the maximum rent possible. I stay in Bangalore south, and in my area, apart from 'apartments', all the 3 or 4 storyed houses have their cars, bikes, scooters lying on the road. No wonder causes jam, and becomes an easy prey for theft and vandalism.
I pay about 4k more rent for my apartment which includes a basement parking, compared to these 3 or 4 storeyd independent houses. There is something called peace of mind, which I am able to afford by paying 4k.
Old 8th February 2016, 11:37   #8127
BHPian

Found this very irresponsible driver. Aggressive driving, cutting lanes very quickly.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20160206_173936155.jpg  

Old 8th February 2016, 11:37   #8128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
This is but let me rant a bit about stupid and brainless idiots of our city, who build a multistoryed house with zero parking place.
This was not even now but dates back to at least 8 years from now where my colleague at work takes me to show a house they had build near the Bangalore University Area (Malathalli) and that they planned to rent out the lower 2 floors and keep the last floor for themselves.

He was driving an i10 and has just cleared the formalities at work to pick up a Tata Safari which would have got delivered in few weeks.His idea was to retain the i10 for City commutes and use the Safari for Highway runs.

My obvious question soon after I had a look at the construction was - "Where will you park the car?' (Not even thinking about the Safari here) and he responds "On the road, there is so much space for that" .

There are so many layouts where I see cars parked right in front of the houses leaving a gap for a mere Tempo Traveler to pass and nothing else.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 12:13   #8129
BHPian

Talking of parking issues, this happened to us in 2014. Anyone who knows about Surajkund Mela must be knowing about the long jams people have to go through to reach there, especially on a weekend.

We covered the first 30 kms (from home) in 35-40 minutes and the next 5 kms (towards parking) took another 30 minutes. We took entry to the parking next to Gate No.1 and were informed that only 1 spot was vacant. Moved the tiny Alto to that spot and decided to reverse into the spot. I had just engaged the reverse gear (after facing the car's rear towards the spot) that a Safari (with stickers of MLA, Sarpanch, Police, Army, Press, Navy, a Beacon, a party flag and all sorts of influential items on it) comes blaring its horn and fills the gap. In the process, it bangs our car and another parked Innova (with its bullbar). An argument followed but the driver was not ready to budge, he repeated "Call the Police, call whoever you want" everytime. We left him after the parking incharge and others on the spot adviced and returned (as parking spots would be full till evening).

The day meant for recreation was spent at a nearby tinkering shop.

Last edited by swift_guy : 8th February 2016 at 12:18.
Old 8th February 2016, 14:34   #8130
Senior - BHPian

Here's a different kind. Used up two slots effectively.

Would love to know how their minds work when parking at a lot which is marked clearly.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20160208_1416562.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks