Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2016, 15:53   #8146
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Post on Bangalore Traffic police facebook page. They will challan him or something.
Big deal! They will "raise a violation" against the owner of the bus. Will they take the pain of censuring the violator? Will they ask the hyperactive RTO inspectors to cancel this driver' license? Will they even dare to ruffle the owner's feathers?

Quote:
something
Traffic cop: Saar, your bus was seen jumping a median and somebody complained about it in Facebook.
Bus owner: So? Good that you were not in front of the bus, else you wouldn't be talking to me.
Traffic cop: Sorry saar, I'll ask for another post/signal hereafter
silversteed is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 16:51   #8147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Post on Bangalore Traffic police facebook page. They will challan him or something.
I already raised a violation at this site. But, that thing does not have a way to log it the proper way.., like sending an acknowledgement through mail/sms (It does ask you for email and mobile number. It is mandatory). I accidentally closed the page before noting down the complaint number. Now, I am unable to search for the complaint that I raised I can track it no more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Big deal!

Traffic cop: Sorry saar, I'll ask for another post/signal hereafter
Unfortunately, I have to agree with this statement Seems like this complaint ends up the same way you've mentioned as I don't have a way to track it anymore.
Old 16th February 2016, 06:44   #8148
BHPian

I don't know what conspired between the cab and the biker, but both were not upto any good.
But lady luck was smiling on all the parties involved. The cab and the biker from the opposite direction had narrow escapes.

Old 16th February 2016, 09:28   #8149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.gt View Post
The cab and the biker from the opposite direction had narrow escapes.
Whoa. that was scary. What speeds were they going at? looks like relatively less and hence were able to brake quick. nonetheless, the sharp swerve of the cab smelt like he fell asleep on the wheel. Truly dangerous.
Old 16th February 2016, 09:34   #8150
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.gt View Post
I don't know what conspired between the cab and the biker, but both were not upto any good.
But lady luck was smiling on all the parties involved. The cab and the biker from the opposite direction had narrow escapes.
At first, may be that the biker swerved way quicker cutting in front of that cabbie after that overtake. This irritated the cabbie who tried to catch up with the biker and teach him a lesson.

Exactly at the point when the cab swerves out of its usual lane is when the biker also loses balance. I suspect that the Cab would have nudged the biker in the Battle Royale!

Imagine the luck of the poor family on the bike coming from the opposite direction. They just escaped an accident and thankfully the road was not a fast one that the bike from the opposite side also had enough time to react and move out of the menacing cab's path!
Old 16th February 2016, 09:40   #8151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuelInjector View Post
Whoa. that was scary. What speeds were they going at? looks like relatively less and hence were able to brake quick. nonetheless, the sharp swerve of the cab smelt like he fell asleep on the wheel. Truly dangerous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
At first, may be that the biker swerved way quicker cutting in front of that cabbie after that overtake. This irritated the cabbie who tried to catch up with the biker and teach him a lesson.
That's my guess too. They were having a "friendly" chit-chat a few seconds before that. I believe, the cabbie came close to the biker and biker was providing some free "friendly" advice and then moving away.
Old 17th February 2016, 08:58   #8152
Senior - BHPian

Do I need to explain anything?
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-10437466_10153898971007999_8130457946566050376_n.jpg

On a serious note, Why are we doing this despite being aware of consequences.
Its not education or exposure, I believe its do with culture and the attitude of the society.
ecenandu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2016, 09:03   #8153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Do I need to explain anything?

On a serious note, Why are we doing this despite being aware of consequences.
Its not education or exposure, I believe its do with culture and the attitude of the society.
Saw this on Facebook. Sreesanth is setting a bad example just like many other dads i come across with regard to driving with kid sitting on the driver's lap.
Hope he is aware of the disastrous consequences just in case he is forced to apply sudden brake.
Old 17th February 2016, 09:57   #8154
Distinguished - BHPian

I think the conception of an airbag in most drivers minds, indian/unaware drivers, is that its a bag of air. When TG did that crash test with hammond, even he was surprised. He thought it would be like settling into pile of feathers.
And its not. Anytime you're buying a car, you should be made to see one of the MANY videos of children against airbags, apart from a multitude of things that drivers in india need to be aware of.

Unfortunately, our ignorance prompts us to ask for directions on how to use the shiny touchy stereo. And even more unfortunately, we're obliged.
Old 17th February 2016, 10:04   #8155
Team-BHP Support

My wife always & I mean always grumbles that she has to take the back seat after the arrival of our daughter.

But can't help it, no..?
Old 17th February 2016, 10:41   #8156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
I had put up a similar post sometime back - celebrity having a kid on the lap. I would say it is the (un)culture(d) attitude that makes people do this kind of stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnidta View Post
Speaking of people driving with kids on lap, take a look at this photo.

Attachment 1323688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
But can't help it, no..?
Don't you think you are already helping? Saving them from possible harm...
Old 17th February 2016, 12:11   #8157
BHPian

Apologies for the long post.
How to spot a bad driver? Look out for the impatient ones. These people also think that they own the road. When it comes to private cars, you'd expect some common sense from education, age, occupation. But some bad apples are so bad that they literally spoil your day. Mentioning once such example - KA03MU 1390 - brown Honda Amaze driven by a middle aged lady.

Instance 1: Feb 10, 2016
Location: My company's multi-level parking lot, and Electronic City phase 1 signal, Bangalore.
I'm driving down the spiral ramp, and just as I'm about to pass a level, I see this car at a very high speed (I'm not going to speculate the speed but at the allowed 15 kmph limit no car will leave a plume of dust behind, which this car was doing) coming in with no lights on. The driver cuts me off and I express my displeasure with a honk. She raises her arm in an apologetic gesture, but I don't know if the ego kicked in or something, but immediately gestured "what?" at me, 5 seconds later. I let it pass and she continues her high speed circus going out of the parking lot. 2 minutes later, I join the cars at Electronic City Phase 1 signal. I'm at the left lane, because that's the lane to choose if you have to turn left, right? I see the high speed driver to my right on the rightmost lane, There's a "got bhp?" genuine sticker on the boot (to shame us all) with a broken tail lamp. On the green signal, she turns left, and then again chooses the right lane, only to cut back to left to take the exit to NECE road. I shake my head and continues straight.
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20160210_180438.jpg

Instance 2: Feb 17, 2016
All cars including cabs have formed a single line(!) and suddenly on my ORVM, I see a brown Honda Amaze, I look at the number and the driver, and its the same lady. Now, this is something I can't stand. When about 30 odd cars can follow lane disciple, this smart jack (or jill?) thinks that everyone else is stupid and forms a blocking lane. Needless to say, this act of her made sure that about 50% of the cars behind now broke off from the original lane and joined her. Quite a leader huh?
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20160217_101241.jpg

Now, what can I do other than ranting on an online forum? The company does have a policy where people can point out dangerous situations under the workplace safety policy. She was speeding at a place where elevator users would be coming out unaware. The risk? She "looked" like a higher up executive, I might be shooting at my leg if she turns out to be some big shot in HR itself . On the lane discipline, BTP advertises a lot about maintaining lane discipline, Will they take action based on a photo like this? (Feb17)

To the driver of the car: Dear madam, please plan your travel better so that you don't have to resort to such antics on public places. In the end the risk taken will only result in a saving of 30 seconds or so. I was only 2 cars behind you, driving sedately at the parking lot and at the signal in both instances. You are putting other people's life at risk.
Horizon81 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th February 2016, 13:24   #8158
BHPian

This moron cut across on fairly an empty road in Jayanagar 4th block to park himself straight on the zebra crossing today morning and had to audacity to block the people walking. Wonder what makes these guys tick?
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20160217_084808.jpg  

Old 17th February 2016, 13:40   #8159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon81 View Post
The risk? She "looked" like a higher up executive, I might be shooting at my leg if she turns out to be some big shot in HR itself .
If your work place has a suggestion box/anonymous sugegstion system, do make it a point to raise this issue.
Even CXO can't get away with driving fast on company campus (unless you are Steve Jobs).
freedom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2016, 14:35   #8160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon81 View Post
Apologies for the long post.
How to spot a bad driver? ... KA03MU 1390 - brown Honda Amaze driven by a middle aged lady...
The risk? She "looked" like a higher up executive, I might be shooting at my leg if she turns out to be some big shot in HR itself
The car is on company lease, you can probably write to them with these details, to pull the erring associate up to task. There are enough networking platforms to look for details
silversteed is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks