Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2016, 21:53   #8251
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
You can imagine the mayhem when situation demands that you slip the clutch.
Actually it is beyond my imagination!

Maybe I'll get to experience an AMT transmission one day.
Old 12th April 2016, 17:43   #8252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnidta View Post
Check out this video (You may skip to the last 10 seconds to avoid the rest of the details)

Query on your dashcam - excellent quality of the video capture- can you share make/model/source/price.

Please excuse deviation from the flow of the thread.
Old 14th April 2016, 16:22   #8253
BHPian

It piques me to the core when I come across nincompoops like these going in opposite way. And this moron was doing it on a NH (NH-16)!

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_4840.jpg
Pferdestarke is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2016, 10:41   #8254
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
It piques me to the core when I come across nincompoops like these going in opposite way. And this moron was doing it on a NH (NH-16)!

Attachment 1496949
Sadly, money can't buy common sense and etiquette.

------------

I was relatively free yesterday and came up with these

Watch in HD, lower resolution are pretty crappy due to the compression.

Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2016, 13:02   #8255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Sadly, money can't buy common sense and etiquette.
True that! Sadly those are the folks who often get to drive such expensive cars.

Quote:
I was relatively free yesterday and came up with these. Watch in HD, lower resolution are pretty crappy due to the compression.
Some of the jumpers in the first video didn't even care to wait for the crossing traffic. It was by mere luck that they were able to make it. Unfortunately luck doesn't pay well at all times!

BTW, which dashcam are you using? The videos seem to be of nice quality even when viewed at 480P.

Last edited by Pferdestarke : 15th April 2016 at 13:04.
Pferdestarke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2016, 15:27   #8256
BHPian

Quote:
I was relatively free yesterday and came up with these
Had a similar experience this morning right in front of Prestige Tech Park, ORR Bangalore (I wasn't driving today, and sorry no video since the car wasn't mine). My buddy had the left-turn indicator on for over 50 meters before entering the tech park, but still, this idiot on some moped (Activa or Access.., did not notice the model), came from the left and wanted to go straight! He was trying to give us a mouthful but in turn started getting it from me till the Tech Park security came to let us in and send him away.

I am suggesting my carpool buddy to get a Dashcam at the earliest and he is still delaying it. Hope he decides on one soon
Old 15th April 2016, 17:54   #8257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnidta View Post
My buddy had the left-turn indicator on for over 50 meters before entering the tech park, but still, this idiot on some moped came from the left and wanted to go straight!
Deja vu! Wasn't this exactly what we were discussing the last afternoon? I'm guessing it was an educated moron (or moroni) with an ID tag around the neck who did it?

I stay as close to the left side as possible once I enter the service road leading to PTP. Many 2-wheeler morons try to sneak in, but they'll have to remain content facing a tree or a stone or another one of their kin (coming on the wrong side, violating the on-way rule). Some get the message and overtake from the right side while some keep honking and try in vain - it's only a hundred metres but they ride as though they're going to die if they wait for an extra 30 seconds.
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2016, 18:21   #8258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
with an ID tag around the neck who did it?
they ride as though they're going to die if they wait for an extra 30 seconds.
Ah! But this time, it wasn't one of those with the ID tags. This was one of those bad-mouth rowdy kinds by the looks of it (he might have had the ID in the luggage area, which I cannot comment on). But yeah, he was ready to waste time by fighting it out, but wasn't ready to ride with a bit of sense. Again, common sense is not so common these days
Old 17th April 2016, 12:27   #8259
BHPian

Example of bad parenting:
http://www.ndtv.com/hyderabad-news/7...d-road-1395827

As if it was not shocking enough that a 7 year old is driving the scooter, the dad says he has been letting her drive since the age of four!
JonSnow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2016, 13:22   #8260
Distinguished - BHPian

Another parent fail...

Yesterday afternoon, on ECR at the RTO junction, a group of schoolkids were taking up half the road when the lights changed. I passed them slowly. A biker rushed between me and them. He must have almost run over their toes. Parents: you didn't only make a bad driver, you made a lousy human being.
Old 18th April 2016, 10:40   #8261
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
BTW, which dashcam are you using? The videos seem to be of nice quality even when viewed at 480P.
I am using a Mini 0805.
Old 18th April 2016, 11:45   #8262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
Example of bad parenting:
http://www.ndtv.com/hyderabad-news/7...d-road-1395827

As if it was not shocking enough that a 7 year old is driving the scooter, the dad says he has been letting her drive since the age of four!
Some lines from the news article which are disturbing.

"Surender Sharma, grinning indulgently, clearly saw no wrong in the child driving. "

People should understand that it's not only their lives that are endangered by such acts of "thrill" or "sense of freedom and love" but pedestrians, other vehicles on the road too.

"And has the police never stopped and penalised them?

"When the police come, I take over and hold the handles, so we have never been booked,'' said Mr Sharma, a businessman."."

Yeah, perfect way to teach your young ones the values and necessity of laws and rules
Old 18th April 2016, 15:52   #8263
BHPian

Ah superb! What an awesome dad. When someone dies because of this, I am sure he will take the burden of crime and teach his daughter how to evade law! Our country needs such wise people with good presence of mind. Sigh. I wonder how he got the audacity to tell his MO of breaking the law in the mass media and walk away Scott free.
This behaviour is on the rise since I was in my teens. Parents allowing kids to drive, manage accelerator and brakes,giving them small mopeds etc. It was & is rampant in my hometown Neyveli in Tamilnadu.

P.s to that great parent: what if my 5/6 year old kid drives with me on pillion, crashes & injures your kid? Will you accept the same explanation and take it as normal? Sorry, but just couldn't resist ranting this time.
Old 18th April 2016, 16:24   #8264
BHPian

Yesterday (17 April, Sunday) around 11 am. Lonavala toll booth in NH4.
Orange/brown Nano number plate MH 03 BE 3477. One young boy around 20 was driving it with 3-4 others in the car. He went through the extreme left lane meant for autos and bikes - to avoid paying toll of Rs 35. A toll attendant tried to stop the car, but the driver just went ahead slightly brushing the attendant. Luckily nothing happened to him.

The driver not only tried to avoid the toll, he also put another person's life/health in danger. You are a bad driver.
JohnyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2016, 16:34   #8265
BHPian

Endured an example of bad parking for the last couple of days. Two mornings ago I went down to my car to drive to work and found some jerk had parked his yellow number-plated NHC bang in front of my building gate. Judging from the number of leaves on the roof and windshield it must have been parked overnight. Since I was getting late for work I asked my daughter to call the police to get it towed away before the driver arrived and barely managed to squeeze out of my gate at an angle. From 8:30 to 11 my daughter maintained a vigil on the balcony, called the cops again but the van was ‘on rounds’. Finally the driver arrived and took off when no one was looking. OK, I thought, hope it’s a one-off event.
Last night, before winding up at almost midnight I looked out of the window and did a double-take! The same car was parked in the same spot. That was it. This morning the car had two flat tyres. My neighbour called the cops and insisted they come immediately. So one cop came on a bike, said that they are not allowed to tow away the NHC, since towing damages something in the front bumper area, but he applauded the flattening of the tyres, said we should have done it for the other two tyres as well as that would teach the moron a lesson. Gave his number and asked to be called when the driver arrived. So another vigil and the driver was caught. His excuse? Since our gate is closed at night he thought it wasn’t in use. Anyway, the cop was called and my neighbour left them to sort it out. Fifteen minutes later my wife checked from the window and saw that the car was gone. Apparently the driver ‘sorted’ out his problem with the cop and drove off with two flat tyres. So I’m sure that’s one bad driver who’s learnt his lesson.

Last edited by FarPatel : 18th April 2016 at 16:35.
FarPatel is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks