Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2016, 11:13   #8311
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Spotted this car with a BHP sticker weaving in and out, from lane to lane without showing his indicator. Then he cut from the right lane towards Belandur and showed his indicator at the last moment. Expect BHP drivers to drive safely.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20160511_110457.jpg  

Judemayne is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2016, 12:20   #8312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
educated guy
Correction: Formally Certified. Education is something that is imbibed in oneself.

Quote:
Makes me wonder what kind of kick do these people get, by cutting off others and squeezing into virtually inexistent gaps!
Turned out to be one of the respected Senior Managers in my organization. Non-existent gaps are where these managers are trained to deliver the projects in aren't they?

Quote:
This guy zoomed off once he exited the campus, and was driving like crazy. No indicators for lane-changes and turns. And cutting others off. "The complete man" The irony is, without any of his antics and never going above the legal speed limits, I was right behind him.
No indicators.., hmmm, their delivery methods also have no indications! The features may come at any time and one has to be ready to face the commitments

Last but not the least, slow and steady wins the race against the fast and abrupt. That's what happened in your case
vnidta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2016, 08:36   #8313
Senior - BHPian

To the idiot in the blue Hyundai i20 with the LTD at the back - just coz you put indicators you don't get to switch lanes whenever you feel like, specially when you've a XUV thundering down the speed lane.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-imageuploadedbyteambhp1463195037.719050.jpg

You waited till I was close and then switched lanes, putting the indicator at the last minute - right into my path. I had to stand on the brakes so as not to have the XUV rammed up your behind.

Old 14th May 2016, 11:53   #8314
Senior - BHPian

Crazy dude on bike:

No description required

No stopping? No parking?:

This is a stretch of road which has no parking/stopping on both sides of the road. And this is the chaos i have to endure :(

[Warning: Long video]

More of the park where we want to species:

This is right before a major junction and look at these cartoons happily blocking the lane in oblivious ignorance!

No right turn at signal? So what?!

I'm approaching the junction on a one way road and the lady on the scooter is approaching the junction which has no right turn. Watch how she avoids the no right turn rule! This is a common practice and even the cops allow it. What is funny is that there is a U turn just a few meters ahead of this signal.

Old 18th May 2016, 21:22   #8315
BHPian

A indica cab rear ended my car today.

Sparse traffic, I had slowed down gradually from 40 to 20 and then stopped gradually as I wanted to take a right turn.
I had my turn indicators ON for well over 10 secs.

Now after 2 secs of stopping, I get a mild a "gift". The car will need a new rar bumper and a tail light cover.

7+ months of scratch free ride and now this :(
Old 18th May 2016, 22:06   #8316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
A indica cab rear ended my car today.

Sparse traffic, I had slowed down gradually from 40 to 20 and then stopped gradually as I wanted to take a right turn.
I had my turn indicators ON for well over 10 secs.

Now after 2 secs of stopping, I get a mild a "gift". The car will need a new rar bumper and a tail light cover.

7+ months of scratch free ride and now this :(
Really feel sad for you freedom. It really hurts when your ride get scratches for no fault of yours. Just want to know if you let the cab guy go scotfree. With the mushrooming of radio taxis every Tom Dick and Harry are looking to drive taxis with no proper Road sense.
Old 18th May 2016, 23:19   #8317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
To the idiot in the blue Hyundai i20 with the LTD at the back - just coz you put indicators you don't get to switch lanes whenever you feel like, specially when you've a XUV thundering down the speed lane.

You waited till I was close and then switched lanes, putting the indicator at the last minute - right into my path. I had to stand on the brakes so as not to have the XUV rammed up your behind.

Can totally understand how you must have felt, Specially because he had a LTD sticker on his car, But it happens frequently, I too have seen several car's breaking all sorts of rules and they had a Team-Bhp sticker pasted, Probably not a bhpian.

On a side note, What is with the Ola and Uber cab drivers driving Verito and etios so rashly as if they don't really care about other road user's, Always in a hurry.
Old 21st May 2016, 01:20   #8318
BHPian

Smart car with a stupid driver.
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-20160503_173236.jpg
Meccanico is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st May 2016, 02:23   #8319
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meccanico View Post
Smart car with a stupid driver.
Isn't that sort of capability part of the point of the tiny Smart car?
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2016, 02:59   #8320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Bad driver: Does not know about the basic features of a car.

Like ... suspension.
Today, I almost rear-ended a Santro because the (very bad) driver suddenly slowed down from 40kmph to near-standstill to negotiate a - wait for it, hold your breath - expansion joint!
This isn't one of your badly constructed ones either. Autos, and other vehicles that have no functioning suspension to speak of, take it at normal speeds.
I understand the frustration however seeing the state of roads in Bangalore, I am not surprised. There is a brand new flyover off the Bangalore-Hyderabad highway opposite the airodrome that leads to Yelahanka and the expansion joints on that thing are simply precarious jutting up and down in all odd angles. I use left foot braking to glide over them as best I can (even that does not solve the problem entirely) but majority of the people there either brake or decide to crash through the undulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Expansion joints are usually on bridges and bridges never have a speed breaker. To be honest, I have never mistaken an expansion joint to a speed breaker - there is too much difference to notice, even in night. And then, am sure there are vehicles almost always at the front and it's speed and movement is a clear indication of what's on the road.
Hahaha never be so sure if you happen to drive in Bangalore There are speed breakers on flyovers, before flyovers, right after flyovers, at a traffic junction so you are guaranteed that when the signal turns green, only the first couple of rows of cars will make it. It is simply atrocious to say the least.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 21st May 2016 at 03:00.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2016, 06:28   #8321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Isn't that sort of capability part of the point of the tiny Smart car?
How is parking like this a 'capability' issue? It is a clear parallel parking zone. The car is extending out beyond the other cars and the driver could have easily parallel parked. There were several large spaces just a few metres away as well.
Old 21st May 2016, 21:53   #8322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcruiser View Post
Really feel sad for you freedom. It really hurts when your ride get scratches for no fault of yours. Just want to know if you let the cab guy go scotfree. With the mushrooming of radio taxis every Tom Dick and Harry are looking to drive taxis with no proper Road sense.
I made the owner drag his bum all the way to Pune from Mumbai as he as only giving 'assurances' about the compensation over the phone.

The driver had to keep his license at the police station for the night. Basically made feel the 'pain'

The Police were very co-operative and were very keen to make the guy lean some lessons.
freedom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2016, 23:46   #8323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Crazy dude on bike:

No description required
Looks like biker has really lost his mind. This is what happens in Bangalore as well many a times. Some scum biker will get crushed beneath bus wheels and then mob will try to beat bus driver to death without evening listening who was at fault

Pun Intended: Looks like biker is a chronic addict of console and PC game Grand Theft Auto and other biker racing games else i dont see any reason for this attempted suicide

Last edited by lazybrain : 22nd May 2016 at 00:03.
Old 22nd May 2016, 00:21   #8324
Senior - BHPian

I was stuck in bumper to bumper traffic after a very long time (I go to and come from office late) and was appalled at how inconsiderate car owners are. There was an Ambulance with lights and siren on trying to get through and this guy in an Innova is shouting at his driver to take a u-turn into the traffic right in front of the Ambulance thus blocking it. I was behind them waiting for the u-turn. 5 min later as the traffic cleared I could see the same Ambulance a little ahead trying to makeup time and this water tanker guy was blocking his way. He could have easily given it space to overtake but no - he held the ambulance back for another kilometre.

This might have cost somebody his life. Can't they even imagine themselves or their family being in that Ambulance
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2016, 00:58   #8325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
I was stuck in bumper to bumper traffic after a very long time (I go to and come from office late) and was appalled at how inconsiderate car owners are. There was an Ambulance with lights and siren on trying to get through and this guy in an Innova is shouting at his driver to take a u-turn into the traffic right in front of the Ambulance thus blocking it. I was behind them waiting for the u-turn. 5 min later as the traffic cleared I could see the same Ambulance a little ahead trying to makeup time and this water tanker guy was blocking his way. He could have easily given it space to overtake but no - he held the ambulance back for another kilometre.

This might have cost somebody his life. Can't they even imagine themselves or their family being in that Ambulance
Giving way to ambulance is very rare to see, Every time an ambulance is behind me and i try to change lanes or try to move away during a bumper to bumper traffic, People around don't let you, They will move forward and block you doing so and hence blocking the ambulance,

On one rare occasion i saw a guy who got down from his Mercedes and cleared almost 10 vehicles out of the way the Pune expressway toll, And let the ambulance pass by, I gave a thumbs up to that guy and he appreciated it too, Mean while i was blocking one lane so that people again don't block the way for the ambulance.

But these are very rare incidents we get to see and it won't improve if driver's are properly trained and educated before handing them over their licence.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks