Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2016, 21:37   #8626
Senior - BHPian

Suggest you hang onto that 'L' board for a tad bit longer, Activa.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-forumrunner_20160816_213513.png  

schakravarthy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2016, 10:55   #8627
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Have a close look inside that 'spark'. Initially I thought the boy was trying to grab something from the boot, but later realized that he was having fun sleeping there? How can a responsible adult allow this to happen? I had never seen this before and hence thought of sharing it here.

Old 19th August 2016, 11:02   #8628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
Have a close look inside that 'spark'. Initially I thought the boy was trying to grab something from the boot, but later realized that he was having fun sleeping there? How can a responsible adult allow this to happen? I had never seen this before and hence thought of sharing it here.
Forget the bad driver - that doll on your dash cracked me up
reignofchaos is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 19th August 2016, 14:11   #8629
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if this has already figured in this thread, but of late one type of bad driver being spotted on KL roads are cars/SUVs with headlights on and horn blaring continously, bullying folks in front of them to get past. This on road/NH which is only one lane each way and no median (Kayamkulam - Kollam stretch of NH47). It is so irritating to have someone breathing down your back with horn blaring & headlamps on in daylight, when the road ahead is full of vehicles, with no space to spare.

This is also done by fish-sellers on their bikes coming after picking up catch & taking it to sell elsewhere.
Old 19th August 2016, 17:55   #8630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Not sure if this has already figured in this thread, but of late one type of bad driver being spotted on KL roads are cars/SUVs with headlights on and horn blaring continously, bullying folks in front of them to get past.
Sir - you are spot on. I have experienced this on a short visit to Kerala. Have been bullied by the inter/intra state buses and goods carriers many times in my short 4 day stay in KL. I felt I was experiencing a new kind of racism - against a car (smaller vehicle) or its origin (KA registration). To escape I either had to go off the road or just slow down to create space between my car and the vehicle in front to let these goons pass.
Old 19th August 2016, 18:22   #8631
Senior - BHPian

No discrimination when it comes to buses - they treat us all equally shoddily & it has nothing to do with your KA registration (I drive KL regd cars & have faced the same).

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 19th August 2016 at 18:29.
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2016, 20:13   #8632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by couswheels View Post
Not sure whether intention was not to give space for other vehicles or the driver of Honda City was drunk. Many other road users were put to risk. There wasn't any co-passenger and could notice lot of dents on right side doors.

https://Youtu.be/lebjjpJIe_A

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Drunk, On phone, Being a numbskull...who knows? Such a pain to be stuck behind such idiots on road.

Such a nuisance on the road-no further comments!
BTW: That latter stretch of the road and further ahead (North bound- after the Pallikaranai police station and till Kamakshi hospital junction) is one of the worse stretches for haphazard traffic in this part of the city. Add to that the can't-be-any-more-worse type of road surface and the bad quality of patches made on it. Both makes it a nightmare to 4wheelers and more so to the 2wheelers.
As latest as last week I saw some store fronts being demolished for road widening near the Balaji dental college area and road widening started with foundation. Really believe there is some light of hope in a the near future.
Old 22nd August 2016, 13:23   #8633
BHPian

Its been a while since i posted in this thread and in this time bad drivers have been up to their usual shenanigans. Here are a few

1) Our housing society is well lighted but many people drive with high beams and fog lights on within the premises, thus blinding the oncoming cars entering the gate. In the attached photo you can see that we have bright street lights but this fellow in an Etriga was driving on high beams + fogs. I was sauntering by and suffice to say i stopped him asked him to switch to low beams.
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-soc.jpg
2) The high beam menace again: This time a bus was behind me (On a long signal), but would not shut off his lights or at least put them on low beams. He was totally blinding my ORVM's and IRVM.
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-bus1.jpg
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-b2.jpg
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-b3.jpg
Had a massive headache after reaching home.

3) Another example of bad parking in my building. This Indica guy had place to the rear but almost kissed my accent's rear bumper.
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-c1.jpg
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-c2.jpg

Please do excuse the image qualities. In the first two cases light was directly flashing into the camera lens.

Note to MODS: I really tried my best to rotate the images, but it's just not happening . Sorry for the trouble.
Old 23rd August 2016, 12:31   #8634
Senior - BHPian

Number plates..? What's that..?

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-forumrunner_20160823_123110.png

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-forumrunner_20160823_123121.png
Old 24th August 2016, 18:12   #8635
BHPian

Spotted a bad rider yesterday. Was in Thane and heading home through a crowded and narrow road. It was post peak hour,but still the traffic was thick. Well, i was driving my little black kitten (K10). I was inching forward when i glanced at my left ORVM and saw a Activa coming in from the rear. Well, she was two close and as soon as the traffic cleared, she started speeding away and in the process hit her handlebar on my ORVM, well it turned outwards and the problem was i had to take a left at crowded chowk. How i managed to do, God only knows. I expected her to have at least the courtesy to say sorry if not push the ORVM back in its proper place. Later on i caught up with her riding on the footpath! . Later on when she came back in front of me, well lets say my alto is not normal, i gave her a big blast on the Hella, put on my high beams (they are nightbreakers) and followed up with a big ol' roar of the FFE. Kind of liked it when she slowed down and gave way to me instantly.
Old 24th August 2016, 20:27   #8636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurchaturvedi View Post
Spotted a bad rider yesterday.

I expected her to have at least the courtesy to say sorry if not push the ORVM back in its proper place. Later on i caught up with her riding on the footpath! .
You expected a lady, and that to a driver/rider to have the courtesy! To say sorry! For her mistake!! Sorry man. That's not happening. It's a woman's world remember? God was a woman! We are the only one's expected to say sorry.

The most important caution I observe in my defensive driving is to keep a more-than-fair distance from the "ladies." I see them bashing up some poor soul every other day.

Just yesterday I saw a poor guy brake in front of a lady at a turning to take a right. Apparently the lady wanted to take the same right too. What next, she bumps into him with her i10 so bad that the rider and pillion were both thrown off their seat onto the road. The poor pillion missed hitting his head on the tall divider nearby. A couple of people gathered quickly and picked the guys up and the ladies path was hence blocked and they asked her to come out. The scooter rider had skid on the road a bit after fallin and had bruises. Now imagine what the lady said first thing... No it was not sorry. It was "tumko laga kya, nahi na" ( im sure you're not hurt). I drove off shaking my head as traffic was getting backed up both sides on an already busy road.

This is the fourth lady I've seen banging up someone in the last 10 days or so. I personally don't think its a coincidence. Drive safe people.
Old 24th August 2016, 23:15   #8637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post

You expected a lady, and that to a driver/rider to have the courtesy! To say sorry! For her mistake!! Sorry man. That's not happening. It's a woman's world remember? God was a woman! We are the only one's expected to say sorry.
What what?

I always thought it was the driving and the associated characteristics that defined whether a driver is 'good' or 'bad'.
Silly me.

I'll henceforth keep an eye on only the 'lady drivers'. I didn't know that the vehicles driven by males automatically tend to behave themselves. Quite temperamental, if you ask me.

Thanks.
schakravarthy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th August 2016, 01:47   #8638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schakravarthy View Post
What what?

I always thought it was the driving and the associated characteristics that defined whether a driver is 'good' or 'bad'.
Silly me.

I'll henceforth keep an eye on only the 'lady drivers'. I didn't know that the vehicles driven by males automatically tend to behave themselves. Quite temperamental, if you ask me.

Thanks.
Haha. Exactly. You see, everyone cannot have the same perspective or or agree with everybody about everything. Each has his own view points, judgements etc. That's great. As long as it doesn't become an ego hassle.

I have shared my perpective which obviously is mine and cannot be forced on anyone to believe or not. I just happen to find males to have better driving character and they're certainly much more predictable to me than women, as drivers that is. Its not a sexist thing as it may seem to many, but just a statistic from my point of view. Like, for example, if I say that ther are more men drivers on the road than women at any given point of time, thats just a statistic but may sound different to another person.

The point is everyone should strive to be safe to oneself and others at all times on the road. Whichever way one sees that coming about, it's good.
pixantz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2016, 11:15   #8639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
a driver/rider to have the courtesy!
Well i don't have power windows and it was the left ORVM, you can imagine what a pain it must have been to unbuckle the seat belt, reach across and roll down the window and slot the ORVM back and then again roll up the window, buckle up and keep on driving. All this while its impossible to pull over beacause of the traffic flow, i almost felt handicapped because i was unable to use that mirror. It was really a potential hazard. Now i am not saying that we are all perfect drivers. We are just humans, and even we make mistakes and sometimes blunders whilst driving. Even i have scraped the mirrors of fellow bikers/motorists while driving, but felt very bad and apologized and corrected my mistake by realigning the mirror, but i never did a "hit and run". That's what is bothering me, people are behaving in an animalistic manner seemingly without any gulity conscience. Today that rider hit my mirror and just shrugged it off, tomorrow instead of my mirror it might be a pedestrian, then what happens? Will they still carry on as if nothing happend? I think they might . How do we control this type of menace on the roads? Either indugle in extremely defensive driving, or else drive as if there's no tomorrow and bully these type of vacuous people into driving better. I try my best to drive defensively, but these incidences trigger the rage monster and its not only about on-road behaviour, even off-road in their personal life, people have started caring less and less about others.
Old 25th August 2016, 11:59   #8640
BHPian

Spotted a White Swift with 'L' sticker being driven by a lady today. There was a male co-passenger and a baby as well in the car. It was a bumper to bumper traffic situation. As soon as the traffic stops the baby was getting handed over to the lady. As the traffic starts the baby was handed back to the man. She was slowing the lane even more as she was a newbie driver (could understand from the number of jerks the car was having) and by her circus with the baby. She was also trying to frantically change lanes frequently.

Well, this was dangerous for them as well as other people on the road. Lost her as soon as possible.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks