Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2016, 09:38   #8746
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
I decided to press charge against this guy, and informed Bangalore Traffic Control Room about this incident.
Any call number to call BTC ?

Have seen many nuts turning aggressive on roads
Old 2nd October 2016, 13:40   #8747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Here is one from today to show how without driving too, you can be a bad driver.[/list]
Over the last 9 years of driving in India I have learnt, if anyone is seemingly being nice and giving you way or changing lane - he is more likely avoiding an obstacle than giving me way. Here the TT changed the lane and I knew at that point this car you wanted to show was about to appear!

Glad you are safe.
srinih75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2016, 14:14   #8748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Oh! Don't feel bad for this. For me, it is an everyday thing. You were only being assertive. In your position, on a bad day, if I anticipate that the Merc (drool-worthy matte-black CLS ) would cut across, I would have most definitely tailgated the Duster, thus leaving the Merc driver in no doubt that the space to cut in simply does not exist.
Merc or not it doesn't matter what car we drive. Our fault or his it doesn't matter either. Because in the end we are hassled by the hit for taking to body shop, handling the initial mess at the scene etc. I drive a Merc so dread anyone coming close to me. But I have learnt to turn deaf ear to all those who honk impatiently behind me as I take my time to make sure I make the move only when coast is clear. The saying goes - it doesn't matter if thorn falls on the rose petal or the petal falls on the thorn, the petal always gets impacted.

Glad all are fine.
srinih75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2016, 21:25   #8749
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinih75 View Post
Over the last 9 years of driving in India I have learnt, if anyone is seemingly being nice and giving you way or changing lane - he is more likely avoiding an obstacle than giving me way. Here the TT changed the lane and I knew at that point this car you wanted to show was about to appear!

Glad you are safe.
Quoting my own post than replying in detail

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
To me, the Nano gave slight hints that something was amiss ahead as he intended to overtake the Tempo Traveler and again went back to his lane and then the second hint was the Tempo Traveler ahead of me frantically overtaking another one and swiftly changing lanes.

I eased on the throttle right here and soon after the TT gave me a clear vision ahead,
Old 6th October 2016, 12:05   #8750
Team-BHP Support

Anyone driving a car with tires like this must be booked for attempt to murder and sent for evaluation of suicidal tendencies.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20161006_114954_hdr.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20161006_115005_hdr.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20161006_115015_hdr.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20161006_115023_hdr.jpg
bblost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2016, 21:40   #8751
Distinguished - BHPian

How can someone walk away from a car parked like this?

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20161006_140419.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20161006_140433.jpg
Dry Ice is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th October 2016, 21:55   #8752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
How can someone walk away from a car parked like this?
People like this don't just walk away but infact they run away from the spot and avoid eye contact with the parking guy.

Maybe it's time to leave something like these:

Name:  Capture2.PNG
Views: 1590
Size:  54.3 KB

For those who have trouble staying within the lines:

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 1610
Size:  54.6 KB

SOURCE

Last edited by Sherlocked : 6th October 2016 at 22:24.
Sherlocked is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 7th October 2016, 13:58   #8753
BHPian

Lane (In)Discipline!

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_1462.jpg
sanjaykk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th October 2016, 14:10   #8754
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykk View Post
Lane (In)Discipline!
This a rare sight in Bangalore in the sense that the line is actually a line , except that it is not in a lane.
The other fact being, there is absolutely no two or three wheeler's filling up the void because the cars are bumper to bumper and they have no way to squeeze and get to the void.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2016, 18:56   #8755
BHPian

I was driving to work yesterday morning on the EEH (Eastern Express Highway) from Thane to Matunga, when i saw a sight i could not believe.The time was around 7:45 A.M and this corolla next to me was driving eratically. So i just glanced over and what i saw horrifed me. The driver, a middle aged, corporate type looking man was editing a power point presentation on his laptop which was on his lap, just behind steering wheel! I mean, seriously! I thought i must have been dreaming, but so i looked away, pinched myself and looked back- no i wasn't dreaming. So i gave a series of loud honks, but no reaction from the driver. What are we to do when morons like these drive on the roads?
ankurchaturvedi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th October 2016, 15:54   #8756
BHPian

Totally unimpressed by the way this man has parked his car. I thought he was pulling over to drop someone and to my surprise, he got off, locked the car and went inside the apartment! How can one be so inconsiderate by parking like this? Its blocking half of the road!Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-1476008676048.jpg
saadat1992 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2016, 18:05   #8757
Senior - BHPian

Came across and dealt with a bad driver last night. Very often I see drivers on the Milan Subway service road cutting across 4 lanes of the busy WEH to go into the Airport underpass. This is a turn that is greater than 90 degrees, you have to go slightly backwards and then turn into the underpass.
Most of the time I am behind these morons and cannot do anything about it other than honk and gesture at them to go straight and take a U turn and come back, which they ignore ofcourse.
Yesterday I was heading to Andheri from Bandra and I could see one of these idiots (driver in private car with passengers) attempting this. Speeds were low and not not much traffic so it allowed me to stop in front of this guy and block him safely. This move would cause not more problems for drivers behind me than if the fool continued this maneuver. I rolled down the window and questioned him and told him to go straight and take the U turn under the next flyover (which isnt far) like he is supposed to. Of course the idiot made the wounded aam aadmi look as though I have kicked his children and the passengers are blank and silent. Obviously he didnt have the room to do anything else and after fidgeting for a few seconds and seeing the pileup behind started straightening the car. To my utter disbelief this fool was actually trying to move his car AROUND mine to get into the underpass now ! so the 90 degree turn was now becoming an even crazier horizontal S shaped turn ! Luckily a biker who was behind me and was in the process of overtaking my car from the right (both lanes to my right were still running freely) came ahead and blocked him again from stupid move v2.0 and gave him a few stern words. Some more people started yelling from behind at this idiot to move and I guess his passengers told him the same, so he finally moved his car and continued his journey on the normal sane way.
I cant understand the stupidity of these people. I always argue with drivers and auto/taxiwallahs when I get a chance to do so if they are doing some nonsense. like blocking a road or double parking. Their argument is always "Saab ne bola or passenger bola idhar rokne ko". I follow up by asking who is the one operating the vehicle and is the one with the license ? They have to admit that is is them so then I ask who should be the one following the rules then ? But I have to do what the saab/customer says ! I tell them next time it does tell them 2 things :

1] Walking 15-20 feet or taking a 5 minute detour or extra time isnt going to kill them
2] (One that is popularly used by bad drivers when we try to educate them) Ch****a tu mujhe gaadi chalana mat sikhao. Mere paas licence hai, mai dhang se chalaunga! (Second part is my addition which helps to drive home the point)
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2016, 18:55   #8758
BHPian

Insanity!

harsh79 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th October 2016, 19:01   #8759
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post

1] Walking 15-20 feet or taking a 5 minute detour or extra time isnt going to kill them
This is one basic thing no one understands. In the ring roads of bangalore, there are some idiots who think they are very smart. They try to find a gap in the median and take a U turn while the legal U turn will just be a a few hundred meters ahead. I dont understand how small their brain will be. These specimens waste around a minute idling their vehicle and waiting for a small gap into which they will launch their vehicles from the median. This one minute of idling will pretty much cost them the same fuel as taking the legal U turn, which does not need stopping and waiting since that is in dedicated spots. Forget fuel, they carry such a huge risk to their life being in the way of oncoming vehicles and heavy buses and trucks too.
audioholic is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th October 2016, 19:31   #8760
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
This is one basic thing no one understands. In the ring roads of bangalore, there are some idiots who think they are very smart. They try to find a gap in the median and take a U turn while the legal U turn will just be a a few hundred meters ahead. I dont understand how small their brain will be. These specimens waste around a minute idling their vehicle and waiting for a small gap into which they will launch their vehicles from the median. This one minute of idling will pretty much cost them the same fuel as taking the legal U turn, which does not need stopping and waiting since that is in dedicated spots. Forget fuel, they carry such a huge risk to their life being in the way of oncoming vehicles and heavy buses and trucks too.
You can also add the stretch from HSR flyover to silk board junction. I have seen many cases wherein the 2 wheelers take the silk board service road and then go in the wrong direction to join the main road. All this just to avoid the signal waiting time.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed