Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2010, 02:12   #871
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
Maybe this is a repeat. But there's no harm in repeating things like this.
On why Public roads are not for show-off.
Really an eye opener. I guess I will now start thinking twice before accelerating my bike
Old 22nd February 2010, 13:29   #872
Senior - BHPian

Parking on a No-Parking Area

Spotted this i10 parked on the service lane along Mount Road, near Higgin Bothams...

Mods, Please move this to the appropriate thread if I'm posting at the wrong place
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-210220101924.jpg  

Old 26th February 2010, 16:35   #873
Senior - BHPian

would this guy/gal qualify as a bad driver? found him/her in our MLCP
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-imag0032.jpg  

Old 3rd March 2010, 12:07   #874
BHPian

Personally I cant stand 2 wheeler riders (No offence). Not generalizing though. They honk like maniacs, 'lane and sane driving' is something they simply dont get. They never stick to their lanes!
They jump signals. Even if the signal has a timer, 5 seconds left and they're already gone.

My car is pretty banged up, but thats only because I drive a lot to areas like Sadar Bazar and Chandini Chowk. I dont think I'm a bad driver!

And most female drivers are bad too. These days most of them are pretty over confidant, they love overtaking from the wrong side, never use indicators, always use high-beams. What is up with them these days?
Old 3rd March 2010, 12:13   #875
BHPian

i am replying after the first page. this is very true for bangalore. Crazy kids on modded RX's start thrwing wheelies on flyover and anywhere they can a hundred meters ahead. I saw a nut job pulling a stoopie in heavy traffic!
Old 3rd March 2010, 12:46   #876
BHPian

Like nutcracker mentioned, most female riders are just Bad at driving. For Instance, they will be driving at the extreme right side of the road. Suddenly, you will see them switching on the indicator -- and before it blinks twice -- they are on the left side of the road. When this happened to me, I went up to the lady driver and said she can kill someone with that kind of driving. To this, she replied asking of I didn't see the indicator.

Recently, I wanted to see a newly opened fly over (in Bangalore). It was around 9.5 Kmtrs long and everyone was doing about 70-100 odd Kmtrs, except the lady drivers doing 40 or so and causing a chaos there.

We have loads of female drivers in our office. By the time others reach office, they would have parked their vehicles obnoxiously - causing a big inconvenience for the rest. Aghhhhhhh.. :'(
Old 3rd March 2010, 13:22   #877
BHPian

The TBHP Garage is now getting a lot of pics with speedo shots of over 150 km/h.
Old 3rd March 2010, 14:23   #878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post
Personally I cant stand 2 wheeler riders (No offence). Not generalizing though. They honk like maniacs, 'lane and sane driving' is something they simply dont get. They never stick to their lanes!
They jump signals. Even if the signal has a timer, 5 seconds left and they're already gone.

My car is pretty banged up, but thats only because I drive a lot to areas like Sadar Bazar and Chandini Chowk. I dont think I'm a bad driver!

And most female drivers are bad too. These days most of them are pretty over confidant, they love overtaking from the wrong side, never use indicators, always use high-beams. What is up with them these days?
(specially 2 wheller riders in delhi)
Old 3rd March 2010, 16:34   #879
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyqed View Post
We have loads of female drivers in our office. By the time others reach office, they would have parked their vehicles obnoxiously - causing a big inconvenience for the rest. Aghhhhhhh.. :'(
like the picture i posted two posts above
Old 3rd March 2010, 22:20   #880
Distinguished - BHPian

Too much chauvinism erupting on this thread.

Look... Most guys are such lousy drivers that pointing at the women is completely unnecessary and tasteless. What we have here is a bad-driver probelem, not a gender problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyqed
Recently, I wanted to see a newly opened fly over (in Bangalore). It was around 9.5 Kmtrs long and everyone was doing about 70-100 odd Kmtrs, except the lady drivers doing 40 or so and causing a chaos there
Tell me: what was the speed limit? I'm rather doubtful about your interpretation of good and bad driving here.
Old 4th March 2010, 10:53   #881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Too much chauvinism erupting on this thread.

Look... Most guys are such lousy drivers that pointing at the women is completely unnecessary and tasteless. What we have here is a bad-driver probelem, not a gender problem.
Tell me: what was the speed limit? I'm rather doubtful about your interpretation of good and bad driving here.
Typical. There is no chauvinism "Erupting" here. Just a normal discussion on how bad female driving is.

"Most guys are such lousy drivers that pointing at the women is completely unnecessary and tasteless." - Most Guys -- I don't think so. IMO, a guy with "Learners License" will any day be a better driver than most women drivers. Having said that, I don't see how most men are lousy driver. How can a women decide what is lousy driving when they themselves are bad at something. That kind of people are called -- Hypocrites...!!

Women drive at 40 Kmtrs when the speed limit is 80 and they will make sure they drive on that lane where the speed limit is 80 (on the way to Bangalore International Airport). What are women trying to prove by doing something like this? That they are as good as men? Probably, they can drive on a lane where the speed limit is 80 and still drive without loosing it? Please help me understand because we MEN, never understood the motive behind such lousy driving.

Speed Limit on the electronic City fly over is 80 Kmph. Driving at a speed half of that would only mean -- they are either there to let others know that they are capable of doing what Men do or they are really pathetic at driving and even though they know they are bad, they are still there to make some sadistic point by their lousy driving.

There is hardly any "chauvinism " here. Like always, women make a big noise telling men are chauvinists and they want some rights to do things which they are not capable of doing. Our Indian Knowledge reached it peak during the vedic times. During then, the people with extreme knowledge about the earth and universe said, Women needs to stay home and assigned some works for them. The People back then did that for a reason -- untill somewhere in the 19th century when women thought they can run the show like men do. Then came forth the women's commission - which is such a big joke

Note from mod: Do not use more than 2 smileys per post. Please follow rules of posting

Last edited by tsk1979 : 4th March 2010 at 12:53.
cyqed is offline   Received Infraction
Old 4th March 2010, 11:43   #882
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyqed View Post
Women needs to stay home and assigned some works for them.
I don't believe you man! How can you make such general statements! I know women who will drive rings around you while applying make up at the same time.

Going by your own statistical analysis: most men drive bikes and taxis and autos. And these are unanimously voted bad drivers... thus men too are bad drivers no?

I remember a school joke:
God is love
Love is blind
Thus, God is blind

Last edited by tsk1979 : 4th March 2010 at 12:51. Reason: removing hitler reference
Old 4th March 2010, 11:51   #883
Senior - BHPian

I think cyqed is confused between "slow drivers" and "bad drivers". Being slow is not necessarily bad. Being unpredictable is bad.
Most women drivers prefer to stick to one lane. That, in my books, makes them better drivers than most men who are all over the road and yet not going anywhere.

Last edited by amitoj : 4th March 2010 at 12:00.
Old 4th March 2010, 11:58   #884
BANNED

@cyqed: Not being lucky with the opposite sex huh

This is not a gender thing.

Look at the ratio of male drivers to female drivers in our cities.
Old 4th March 2010, 12:43   #885
Distinguished - BHPian

cyqed... the world has changed since 1951. India may still be a little behind on these matters, but still... I think you have just a little catching up to do.

You are hereby assigned to stay at home --- and read some books on feminism and women's rigts!

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 4th March 2010 at 12:44.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks