Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2017, 13:59   #9496
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
This happened today morning. Is it a failure of the AMT to "creep" or simply a case of careless driving (eg , shifting to neutral and forgetting about it). Anyway, what got my goat is that the driver appeared to blame me for bumping into him, through his in-car gestures. (Watch midway into the video).
Seems like the brake pedal was pressed but still the car was rolling backwards. Strange!
Old 23rd August 2017, 14:04   #9497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Seems like the brake pedal was pressed but still the car was rolling backwards. Strange!
I do it on my AT Brio, release the pressure ever so slightly to "creep" ahead in heavy traffic. That keeps the brake lights on. I believe thats what he was trying to do.
sajo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2017, 14:04   #9498
BHPian

This one's licence needs to be canceled as well.

I don't get what motivates govt. employed bus drivers to commit such offences. Must be an old driver from the Blue Line era.

harsh79 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2017, 14:05   #9499
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
IMO the brake lights, light up when the pedal is pressed a little bit also. Doesn't quite say that if the pedal was pressed to the required pressure to prevent the car from rolling backwards.

Also 'L' board, may not be well versed with his car and how the AMT works but has the audacity to blame the one behind for ramming into him.

Quote:
This happened today morning. Is it a failure of the AMT to "creep" or simply a case of careless driving (eg , shifting to neutral and forgetting about it)
I don't feel it is AMT failure or any such mechanical or car related issue here. This is pure carelessness on the part of the driver of that Celerio. The braking and moving ahead action isn't smooth either as seen in the video. Learning stage, could be.

Last edited by a4anurag : 23rd August 2017 at 14:10.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2017, 14:13   #9500
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This happened today morning. Is it a failure of the AMT to "creep" or simply a case of careless driving (eg , shifting to neutral and forgetting about it). Anyway, what got my goat is that the driver appeared to blame me for bumping into him, through his in-car gestures. (Watch midway into the video).
The AMT unlike torque converter wont creep until the brake pedal is let go completely. His mistake was to release partially. But in my car, the car starts rolling only after completely releasing the pedal. I guess this guy had an issue with the brakes or his brake pads were almost worn out.

In a torque converter AT, since the TC would have built pressure, there will be tendency to roll ahead immediately after the brake pressure is reduced. But here, the clutch needs time to engage.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2017, 19:57   #9501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post
I don't get what motivates govt. employed bus drivers to commit such offences. Must be an old driver from the Blue Line era.
Off topic, that's some nicely painted turn lanes on the road. I don't remember I have seen similar dedicated turn lanes on Chennai city roads.
Old 23rd August 2017, 20:06   #9502
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This one's licence needs to be canceled as well.

This kind of offense is done by most of the bus drivers in Bangalore. I have been honked, cursed all for stopping on red and not jumping the signals! I think they all are of the same breed.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 24th August 2017 at 11:53. Reason: video link removed
Old 23rd August 2017, 20:34   #9503
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post

4]No right turn! So what? I buy new car, i turn where i want, when i want!
This is a new hotspot for illegal right turns from two directions - 1) like the Creta guy did in the clip and 2) vehicles taking illegal right (if conditions allow) to join road towards vellayambalam direction when coming from AIR side.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 24th August 2017 at 11:52. Reason: video link removed
Old 24th August 2017, 09:41   #9504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
This is a new hotspot for illegal right turns from two directions - 1) like the Creta guy did in the clip and 2) vehicles taking illegal right (if conditions allow) to join road towards vellayambalam direction when coming from AIR side.
And the sad part is that there is always a cop there! And am yet to see him noting down numbers or taking someone to task even when it happens right before him :(
Old 24th August 2017, 11:33   #9505
BHPian

Today morning I was on my way back home from a run to town, when at a blind turn near my place I was slowly making the turn, when an auto suddenly appears in front of me, I did stop without an incident. The auto chap wanted to turn right, the turning is exactly in the u bend, and instead of coming in from the left side he did the approach on the wrong side. The worst part is that the auto was full of small school going kids. The auto driver did not look my way and I let it ride. I just thanked the old man on top for small favours.
Old 24th August 2017, 12:51   #9506
Senior - BHPian

Some of Bangalores expert drivers

I am turning right and this guy doesnt have the patience for me to complete the turn. then he does double overtaking utilizing a hump

Another hump overtaker!. he overtook me while I was crossing a hump and then

One more hump overtaker with no regard to traffic in either direction; this guy can clearly see the BMTC coming from other side !

The biker tries to make a quick overtake via the right side of the barricade and almost hit some one!

This guy was plain lucky. There was a big pot-hole at the same place which caused a casualty some time back

arjithin is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th August 2017, 14:22   #9507
Senior - BHPian

The overtaking at hump is very common. Our fault for taking care of our cars. Let them go ruin their suspension for the sake of petty one-upmanship.

The safari video was just scary to see him take on a bus and the dzire as well.

Well as they say, common sense is not so common after all
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2017, 15:18   #9508
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Union.
Nobody can touch them for whatever reason. Sad, but true.
Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2017, 15:44   #9509
BHPian

Quote:
That is scary. In spite of you maintaining a sufficient enough gap accounting for all the factors-the L sign and erratic driving, the chap kept on rolling backwards.
The gentleman must have a licensed driver on his LHS if he is to legally drive on the public roads. Looks like he is alone inside, looking down and adjusting something to glory, unaware of his vehicle rolling backwards until the very last fraction of a second before a collision.
TrailBlazer007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2017, 17:21   #9510
BHPian

Kerala motor vehicles department has purchased 49 vehicles equipped with modern gadgets, to detect traffic violations. Of the 49 vehicles, 17 are interceptors equipped with the latest 180 degree wide angle DVR camera that can detect violations like use of mobile phone while driving, driving without wearing seat belt and helmet and rash driving without stoppage of the vehicle on the roadside. The cameras installed in the interceptors, will capture the pictures of offence, and generate the notice to the owner of the vehicle through the Smart-Enfo software after verifying the name, address, tax token and fitness certificate from the server. The visuals captured by the DVR camera in interceptors will come in handy for the law enforcing agencies to analyse and to make changes in road geometrics and traffic flow in the road corridors.

This is from todays hindu, i seriously hope these measure will have some effect on the reckless drivers in the state.

Most Viewed