Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2018, 18:41   #9886
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Need to check if the wide angle view in my dashcam caught this today on the way to office:

Busy junction without signals or cops. It's a free for all with might is right law in effect [like most places].

Surprising i see an i10 stopped at the stop line on the left of the junction and i think man, this guy is letting the straight line pass...imagine to my horror when i see that he is talking on the phone oblivious to the irritated queue behind him!

Every day is a surprise :(
Here's the video. You can see the i10 stop right on the stop line.

And this happened in the afternoon. Had to slow down to negotiate a dug up patch on the road and this no good impatient figo decides he cannot be bothered to slow down and overtakes me, nearly hitting me and the ecosport!

Last edited by SDP : 2nd January 2018 at 22:03. Reason: No political reference please
deathwalkr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2018, 12:03   #9887
BHPian

This happened this morning near "Kasi theater", Chennai. The motorcyclist chose to answer a phone call and stopped, almost abruptly, at a spot where it obstructs the left turn. A scooter that was behind him had trouble avoiding a collision with him while making a left turn. Another scooter is seen waiting to turn right (on to the wrong side of the road).
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-stopped-talk-phone.jpg  

swissknife is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th January 2018, 22:36   #9888
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Watched the video a few times - that must have been scary at proper highway speeds! I had a similar incident couple of days back (again, on the Krishnagiri-Hosur stretch), when a man in a scooter saw me, heard me honk, stopped, and then decided to cut across. I missed him by a whisker.

Having said that, I noticed that the white Fortuner in the right lane appeared to have lifted off just before you overtook him - and immediately after you overtook the Fortuner you encountered the morons on the bike. Did that guy see something you couldn't, and so he slowed down?
I too thought the same, but could not be sure as his tail lights do not light up, but you might have a point there. Lesson learnt though, keep your eyes open at all times. And yes, it was very scary...

Also, its a chevy not toyota
arvind71181 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2018, 23:32   #9889
BHPian

Here is the dashcam clip of an Auto driver who made an illegal u-turn down the wrong way and then proceeded to make a very dangerous sharp turn, going on 2 wheels. And yes, there was a passenger in the auto, who remained in the auto even after this!

Animated GIF (for those who have youtube blocked):
Name:  auto2wheels.gif
Views: 4282
Size:  1.73 MB

Last edited by Rehaan : 19th February 2018 at 10:36. Reason: Adding animated GIF :)
DriverR is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 5th January 2018, 13:29   #9890
BHPian

The last of the crazies encountered last year! I drove through a private property in the first video, that's why she didn't have to look left, because it was her dad's road. The squids were just a few millimetres away from learning a painful lesson, which they should have IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
This happened this morning near "Kasi theater", Chennai. The motorcyclist chose to answer a phone call and stopped, almost abruptly, at a spot where it obstructs the left turn. A scooter that was behind him had trouble avoiding a collision with him while making a left turn. Another scooter is seen waiting to turn right (on to the wrong side of the road).
But his kind are not the worst. There are a few idiots that stop abruptly on the right lane close to the divider to attend a phone call or to just chill out. I have literally seen a guy stopped after the Velachery bridge on the main road opposite McDonald's just chilling there and looking around.

Maybe they think they are flush and level with the divider.

Last edited by Shanksta : 5th January 2018 at 13:32.
Shanksta is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th January 2018, 14:12   #9891
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't know how that second biker still has two legs. One day, he won't. Sadly, though, he is one of many who considers a gap something to be driven through.

As for the child... She is only a child, right? Sadly, having been taught by brothers, fathers, uncles, who don't care how many legs they have or how long their lives last, doesn't bode well for her longevity.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2018, 14:52   #9892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post

Also, its a chevy not toyota
You're right ... It's a Trailblazer! First time I've seen one in India - in your dashcam video.
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2018, 15:14   #9893
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
The last of the crazies encountered last year! I drove through a private property in the first video, that's why she didn't have to look left, because it was her dad's road.

Right from my first visit to Madras when I rode to the last on my car and all the times between, the one thing I dread before leaving Bangalore are the two wheelers.
The most annoying thing they do, never let you pass. The other most annoying part is they overtake you like their life depends on it and then ride calmly and slow down in front of you and I wonder why did they overtake in the first place!

It really weird as I have never understood the two wheeler traffic mentality there. Last time when I drove, there was a two wheeler who did everything possible to overtake me and finally squeezed through to pass me in thick traffic and then almost immediately stopped to take a right turn at a break in the divider which a cop had blocked and asked them to continue forward and when I honked for him to move, I got the coldest stare. I am not sure if it has anything to do with my Bangalore registered car or bike, but I have experienced this in almost every trip.
tharian is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2018, 10:00   #9894
BHPian

Encountered this fool, this morning!

His excuse - He wasn't aware he was going down the wrong way!!!

I called up the cops, posted on the schools facebook page and emailed both, the directors and principal.

If they don't respond I will happily forward this to the various media outlets in Poona.

EDIT - Interestingly, he is not even wearing his seat belt!
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dsc_5124.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dsc_5125.jpg  

Last edited by Samir Taheer : 6th January 2018 at 10:01. Reason: Added Info
Samir Taheer is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 6th January 2018, 12:17   #9895
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir Taheer View Post
Encountered this fool, this morning!

lt!
I run schools too. I am very strict with the drivers that they never use one way/ wrong way citing it is shorter. Just drive another km, what will it cost me? Mere 15 rupees a bus. Most of the times, the drivers are too lazy and end up like in that post.

It is because of such drivers a lot of schools get a bad name.

Another fact, 90% of school buses have their speed governors deactivated. My school buses cant go any faster than 50kmph(TN RTO limit for educational institution vehicles). But I do see many school buses on highway doing 90-100 kmph.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th January 2018, 16:00   #9896
BHPian

This photograph I got from RushLane, the question is who is on the right track. It looks to me that the 3 cars along with the gasoline tanker and the biker are on the right track, but then I could be wrong. Anyway, not a road to be on.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-26167487_10154959133746784_186650584290096123_n.jpg  

sparky@home is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2018, 21:45   #9897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky@home View Post
This photograph I got from RushLane, the question is who is on the right track. It looks to me that the 3 cars along with the gasoline tanker and the biker are on the right track, but then I could be wrong. Anyway, not a road to be on.
Picture doesn't look real. I see one biker right in front of the blue bus.
Old 7th January 2018, 02:19   #9898
BHPian

Quote:

That's a daily affair on Hubli-Dharwad bypass road. One of the most expensive two lane road (high toll).
500ContyCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2018, 10:00   #9899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looks like the biker is taking a stand, just like one reported here a few pages back. It's a stand-off.

PS: Does not look like his foot is on the ground though !!

Last edited by samaspire : 7th January 2018 at 10:01.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2018, 13:04   #9900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post

Right from my first visit to Madras when.......... when I honked for him to move, I got the coldest stare. I am not sure if it has anything to do with my Bangalore registered car or bike, but I have experienced this in almost every trip.
Nothing to do with other state registration, In Chennai, a four wheel driver has to put up with antics of half brothers (two wheeler), or else cold stare is the least expected..
alavandar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks