Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2018, 12:36   #9976
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Driving on the Wrong Side - Close Call on Elphinstone Flyover, Mumbai

Doesn't Mumbai police have a FB page? People in Chennai upload such pics or videos to Chennai traffic police's FB page and they take action and even post an 'action taken' report in response.
Old 23rd February 2018, 12:38   #9977
BHPian

Lucky escape there, try reporting it to Mumbai Police on social media. I've seen this happen quite a few times on the Sion flyover (towards Dadar). The worst I've encountered, however, was on the e-way.

3 AM, maintaining a decent speed in the last lane and then this happens..

prateekm is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 12:46   #9978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharktale View Post
Vahan site shows up this if you want to take any action :

Vehicle No MH42AH2837 found ACTIVE in BARAMATI, Maharashtra
Chassis No: MA3FHEB1S00A****6
Engine No: = D13A28****5
Vehicle Class: Motor Car
The number looks more like MH 42 AH 5857.

Back to the topic, narrow escape there!

The Micra guy did not even care to slow down even after noticing your car or realising that he was on the wrong lane.
Please Report this on Mumbai Police’s social media page( I think they are active on Twitter).
Prathiiik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 14:08   #9979
BHPian

Re: Driving on the Wrong Side - Close Call on Elphinstone Flyover, Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikem View Post
When will people learn the reason for road markings.
Ah! An absolute moron there
Here in Bangalore, we encounter such incidents every nook and corner. And on most occasions, both drivers will be flashing their headlights and the car with the brighter headlight and bigger bumper will win .
Nalin1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 14:22   #9980
BHPian

Re: Driving on the Wrong Side - Close Call on Elphinstone Flyover, Mumbai

See what I encountered this morning on the same route. 4 children( including child driver) on a scooter, in their school uniforms. Posted it on the Mumbai Police Twitter feed, and they've forwarded it Dadar Traffic Division.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-vlcsnap2018022310h36m57s630.png
mikem is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 15:52   #9981
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post

* First one cabbie decides to do a three point turn and go the wrong way. Since it would consume another 50 liters of diesel to go 100mts ahead and take the left that leads to the same road. I was really hoping for a vehicle to come and block his path.

* Second one is a U-turn near ITC grand chola. 50 mts before the turn it becomes 3 lanes and I moved to the middle lane. I see an i20 blocking that lane to take the U-turn, I turn on my left indicator and see that no one is there and move slightly when I notice the Tavera having a sudden change of mind and coming in (this part of the road becomes one way and you can choose to go left or right with the metro rail pillars inbetween). I slow down for him and this joker on the Activa decides he wants to make a U-turn and just cuts across all lanes barely missing my front left corner and also because I hit the brake immediately. Needs to be !!
In addition to this, did you notice the blue shirt bloke running across the road in the start of the video. He would have got a motorcycle tyre between his legs, just in nick of time. What a brilliant human being !!!!
prithm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2018, 11:31   #9982
BHPian

Kun Hyundai Helpline car suddenly cutting from left in a Service Lane on OMR, Chennai.

couswheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2018, 09:40   #9983
BHPian

Encountered these Muppets today.

The car had three young girls on their way to college. I made them reverse and go back down the right way.

Incidentally, there is a U-Turn 100 meters ahead!
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dsc_5267.jpg  

Samir Taheer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th March 2018, 11:39   #9984
BHPian

Parel Flyover. DODO decides to drive on the wrong side. I don't change lanes, just stop in my lane. We enter a minute long standoff after which he reverses and moves back into the correct lane. Naturally I then receive the customary abuses when he passes me.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-vl465b1.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-vl465b2.jpg
mikem is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 7th March 2018, 14:05   #9985
Team-BHP Support

Yesterday while coming back home from playing badminton, an Activa first came to my lane & then started fumbling. It is a small alley and is usually accessible for 2 wheels & small cars, so naturally I was slow. I thought it was someone drunk [not uncommon in my dry state] but shocked to see a kid, barely 10 years old riding it.
Old 8th March 2018, 14:41   #9986
BHPian

The first of the bad Drivers encountered this month.

* Early morning, I notice the Ciaz driver swerving in and out at high speed in my IRVM, He zips up in the middle lane and I let go of the accelerator for him to pass me before I reach the Tempo. He decides to try something crazy and comes super close to my front left. I honk and he realizes, swerving back in his lane. Then proceeds to zoom away.

* Auto driver notices the car in front of him braking and proceeds to do what every auto guy does, don't stop just swerve and proceed. Halfway he realizes the Mini-truck is very close and tries to brake almost rear ending the Indica and getting slightly rear ended by the Mini-truck, then proceeds only to get the customary abuse from the mini-truck driver before they go on.

Last edited by Shanksta : 8th March 2018 at 14:42.
Shanksta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2018, 15:26   #9987
BHPian

Spotted this Bike borne nuisance on a corner in the night. Slowed down just enough to allow him to go ahead of me and not crash into the side of my car.

Look how he comes in from the left - driving rashly, continues to cross in front of my vehicle and takes the rightmost lane to cut into the oncoming lane and stop on the other footpath. And no marks for observing - no helmet.

Last edited by vsathyap : 8th March 2018 at 15:33. Reason: Adding GIF
vsathyap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2018, 15:51   #9988
BHPian

Quote:

* Early morning, I notice the Ciaz driver swerving in and out at high speed in my IRVM,...Then proceeds to zoom away.
This spot in Kathipara junction is just evil in all sense. The entry and exit (on the left towards Guindy) is so close that we need to have extra pair of eyes behind our head. Why could they not plan better ?

Quote:

* Auto driver notices the car in front of him.. the customary abuse from the mini-truck driver before they go on.
Earlier, they used to have barrels of sand or barricades marking the entry towards Anna Nagar and now due to metro construction it has become pillar based marking. Lot of push and shoving in this pinching spot. During early mornings when state transport buses rush and compete with private players, this spot is must watch out area.
prithm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2018, 16:02   #9989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithm View Post
This spot in Kathipara junction is just evil in all sense. The entry and exit (on the left towards Guindy) is so close that we need to have extra pair of eyes behind our head. Why could they not plan better ?
Actually, from personal experience the side towards Ekattuthangal is much better compared to the opposite on and off ramp towards airport from Ramapuram side.

This side(Vadapalani) you atleast have a temporary wider left lane for merging and getting off. The opposite side is super dangerous both abruptly merge with the small left lane (out of the three main lanes) and you are often greeted with speeding motorcyclsts and buses, need to be very cautious. Plus the off ramp towards ramapuram is way too close to the On ramp.

The guy who designed the flyover needs to be.

Last edited by Shanksta : 8th March 2018 at 16:03.
Old 9th March 2018, 15:57   #9990
BHPian

Bad riders this time - The Biker on my right comes too close to overtake me at a roundabout. While I am adjusting my angle to accommodate the moron by steering slightly to the left, another moron on a Yellow Vespa comes in from the left, overtakes me from the left, cuts across and goes to the right at the roundabout. This cutting-across business is what makes me mad!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks