Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2010, 17:28   #1006
Senior - BHPian

Clevermax is coming with a funny one(he clicked pics), this is a car parked by a very famous lady in technopark(read beauty pagent famous), Se is surly going to have a burnt clutch trying to take the car out.

Pramod
Old 14th May 2010, 20:34   #1007
BHPian

I do not see any justification for closing orvm even in heavy traffic, they are there for a purpose both in heavy and light traffic.

If my ORVM gets broken, I get it fixed asap as driving without it feels like I am driving blind. But then again, Maruti's ORVM costs 200 buck
Old 14th May 2010, 21:29   #1008
BHPian

I pity the Bangalore BTS drivers. In my rear view mirror, I see bikes, autos crawling all over bus wind shield like insects. One small incident, bus driver should start praying.
Old 14th May 2010, 22:01   #1009
Senior - BHPian

Spotting bad drivers has transformed into almost one to one on side rear view mirrors, folded or not.
It goes without saying that good and bad drivers do this, especially during night, when a bad driver on high beam tails a good driver the good driver may be forced to fold his RHS nirror or even both.

The bad driver will always wait for the signal to turn green with his head lights in high beam (of course during night) whether he is upfront or behind in the waiting lot.

Last edited by rajeev k : 14th May 2010 at 22:04. Reason: spell check
Old 14th May 2010, 22:05   #1010
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Spotting bad drivers has transformed into almost one to one on side rear view mirrors, foled or not.
It goes without saying that good and bad drivers do this
If it went without saying, we would not have had so many posts! Every driver has a collection of habits, which, on balance, makes them a good or a bad driver. I'd say that not using mirrors (it is an important part of passing a UK driving test!) is a bad habit.
Old 15th May 2010, 10:14   #1011
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Clevermax is coming with a funny one(he clicked pics), this is a car parked by a very famous lady in technopark(read beauty pagent famous), Se is surly going to have a burnt clutch trying to take the car out.
Pramod
Very efficient parking by a woman driver, but the front tire is in the drain.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dsc00441.jpg
Old 15th May 2010, 13:37   #1012
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
They all would be wearing saffron coloured lungis (Nothing religious about it but is very cheap and can survive without washing for a few days).
You're right. I can vouch for this.
In my hostel life it has extended to weeks.

Old 15th May 2010, 13:56   #1013
Senior - BHPian

there have been instances where i have been "forced" to take a left from the right most lane.
Especially after a U turn , and if you have to immedately take a left no one basically gives way to enter the left lane, so you end up turning left and blocking traffic from the right.

@Iron hawk i think you are on a personal mission to post pics of all cars/bikes/bus in Bangalore on this thread lol.

Waiting for you to click me when im off guard on road
Old 15th May 2010, 14:27   #1014
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Very efficient parking by a woman driver, but the front tire is in the drain.
Gender not relevant.

Old 16th May 2010, 12:56   #1015
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Gender not relevant.

It's relevant to some extent. Just observe & analyse. But I don't want to make any public sexist remarks here !
Old 16th May 2010, 14:06   #1016
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhamAT View Post
I almost lost the left ORVM like that. I was crawling opposite Lido, Bangalore when a BMTC bus did a diagonal maneuver and scrapped the mirror. I am happy nothing happened to the main body.
ten thousand thundering typhoons! that happened to me too! at the same place!

a BMTC bus tried to squeeze in and almost took my left ORVM out. fortunately the ORVM of Getz can move in the opposite direction a bit. when i saw the BMTC nudging my ORVM, i moved along with him so that he didn't rip it off it's holding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
@Iron hawk i think you are on a personal mission to post pics of all cars/bikes/bus in Bangalore on this thread lol.

Waiting for you to click me when im off guard on road
they say a picture is worth a thousand words (don't matter if they're abuses). hence, instead of wasting my energy yelling at them bad drivers, i just post them here!

had been to the Resurrection Church this morning on OMR. helped two folks park their cars (a steel gray ANHC and a Black WagonR) in the mess of a parking created by other drivers!

few more to feast your eyes on:

moron from hell on Cubbon road. traits: reckless driving, sharply changing lanes without indication, indiscriminate honking, playing loud music (can be heard 6-7cars back), speeding, dangerous overtaking!
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-imag0383.jpg

where you see the fairing of my bike is where the stop line is. don't understand why people feel the need to cross it!
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-imag0387.jpg

yesterday, on the way to my aunt's place in Vidyaranyyapura, between Hennur Cross and Hebbal flyover, this Indica Vista almost hit our Getz. we were in the center lane, there was a Swift trying to overtake us on the right and this Vista comes out of nowhere and tries to overtake us from the leftmost lane, where there is a bike about 10ft to the left of our car. this guy (already travelling at high speed) cuts to the right to avoid the bike and in the process comes right into our path. i had to decelerate from 70kmph to 40kmph to avoid him side swapping our car! i was so furious, had there been just me in the car i would have chased him and kicked his arse for doing what he did, but since there were elders in the car, i just let it go - just took a shot of the fast escaping car!
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_4695.jpg
Old 17th May 2010, 12:09   #1017
Senior - BHPian

Yestrerday I had an encounter with a bad (or rather irrational) driver on my way to Delhi from Faridabad. I had just reached the Modi Mills Flyover from Sarita Vihar, when a Grey Maruti 800 driven at snail's pace (in the lane meant for fast drivers) by a learner (yes he had those "L" sticker on his windscreen) in the left most lane suddenly turned right to climb the flyover. To my surprise he had started indicating just metres before the flyover (for Delhiites, there is a CNG station before the flyover, & he started indicating well after he had crossed the same). I was driving in the middle lane as I was driving @ 50 kmph. Due to his sudden decision to turn left I had to suddenly apply brakes (my car had five adults members of my family), & my father lost his cool (though I maintained my cool). He waved angrily, upon which he got a reaction from the driver of that car who took his head out from the car window & indicated as it was me who had not seen the indicator (as told to be by my father). My father was infuriated (he a dude from the '70s... angry young... err old man).

I tried to cool him off by telling him that the M800 had UP registration, & what could we expect road sense from a man from UP (I know I am wrong, but, sometimes you have to say something wrong to correct the scene).
Old 17th May 2010, 12:49   #1018
BHPian

Last Tuesday i was at the Sony World junction coming from Jeevan Bhima Nagar. As the light turned green i started crawling to cross the 100ft road onto the other side. Suddenly i had to stand on the brakes. Reason: a Wagon R fella came sharply towards left crossing my car by inches and that too driving in the lane meant for traffic coming from opposite direction.

At this junction, when coming from 80ft road, I notice that many drivers who have to take a right towards CMH road always jump into the opposite lane (this WagonR guy did the opposite by coming to left from the rightmost lane). This is totally unacceptable. I don't know how many seconds do they save by their idiocy.
Old 17th May 2010, 13:14   #1019
Senior - BHPian

yesterday, on the Bazaar Street (which is a 24hrs one-way) two ladies in a dark blue i10 coming in the opposite direction! gave her a long, hard stare! however, since i had the visor down, i don't think she saw my glaring eyes or heard the string of expletives i was uttering!

she just followed my stare as if asking me "what the heck is your problem"! such audacity!
Old 17th May 2010, 14:04   #1020
BHPian

Talking about 24 hr one ways. So is Thippasandra Market road but who cares after 9 PM on that road.

Most Viewed