Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2010, 14:42   #1021
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhamAT View Post
Talking about 24 hr one ways. So is Thippasandra Market road but who cares after 9 PM on that road.
forget about after 9pm, people drive in the opposite direction 24hrs on that road!

i had posted a picture of biker going in the opposite direction on the said road a few pages back.

Last edited by IronH4WK : 17th May 2010 at 14:47.
Old 17th May 2010, 14:49   #1022
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Gender not relevant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
It's relevant to some extent. Just observe & analyse. But I don't want to make any public sexist remarks here !
OT
I don't want to start an argument or offend anyone, but...
Of course it is relevant to a great extent when it comes to driving skills. It is. It is. It is. There will be lot of people who want to argue and prove that gender doesn't matter for driving, but the hard truth is that it is relevant. As mithun told, observe and analyse.

Last edited by clevermax : 17th May 2010 at 14:52.
Old 17th May 2010, 14:55   #1023
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Of course it is relevant when it comes to driving skills. It is. It is. It is.
this morning on my way to work there was a woman in KA registered Santro not letting me pass until i stood on the horn.

this afternoon on my way back home there was a woman in KA registered Santro not letting me pass until i stood on the horn.

so +1000 to that
Old 17th May 2010, 15:24   #1024
Senior - BHPian

Day before yesterday, we went to dinner at my friend's residence. When we were about to leave, we realised that some idiot had parked his car parallel to my car on the 2 lane road (outside the colony where my friend resides), blocking any exit for my car. We waited for almost half an hour (at 11 pm) on the road for the guy to return from the marriage (assuming he was attending marriage function in the nearby community hall).

Finally my friend dropped me back home (around 5 kms away), & I gave my car keys to him so that he can take the car out of that spot, whenever that guy takes away his car, & park it in a better location.

Guess what, by the time my friend returned home that Sardarji (stupid indeed... sometimes I feel that it is fools of this sort who bring bad name to community to which I also belong to ) was driving away his car. My friend promptly (re-) parked my car next to his colony gates & left a message on my cell. The next morning I rushed to bring back my car from friends place.
Old 18th May 2010, 12:19   #1025
Senior - BHPian

Bad drivers are often seen lying by the side of the road bleeding or with broken limbs, because they tried to wilfully commit a traffic offence in full traffic (Generally office hours).

Yesterday at around 8.30 pm, while returning from office I spotted a rash/bad driver & the pillion lying by the side of the ring road & their damaged Honda Activa leaking petrol on the road, because they had jumped red light in full traffic (seconds before I had reached that spot). Eyewitness informed the policemen who arrived some time after I reached that spot that the scooter-wallah jumped the signal to encounter a poor Mahindra Jeep-wallah (Jeep belonged to a religious society), who could not stop the vehicle on time (despite driving at proper speeds. Result the scooter riders were thrown few feet away & the driver had a broken leg (was bit serious due to injury) the pillion had injured arm. All eyewitness blamed the scooter driver for the accident even to the police.

P.S. - I do not wish to post this under accidents thread.
Old 18th May 2010, 12:48   #1026
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Bad drivers are often seen lying by the side of the road bleeding or with broken limbs, because they tried to wilfully commit a traffic offence in full traffic (Generally office hours).

Yesterday at around 8.30 pm, while returning from office I spotted a rash/bad driver & the pillion lying by the side of the ring road & their damaged Honda Activa leaking petrol on the road, because they had jumped red light in full traffic (seconds before I had reached that spot). Eyewitness informed the policemen who arrived some time after I reached that spot that the scooter-wallah jumped the signal to encounter a poor Mahindra Jeep-wallah (Jeep belonged to a religious society), who could not stop the vehicle on time (despite driving at proper speeds. Result the scooter riders were thrown few feet away & the driver had a broken leg (was bit serious due to injury) the pillion had injured arm. All eyewitness blamed the scooter driver for the accident even to the police.

P.S. - I do not wish to post this under accidents thread.
similar incident happened when i was returning to Bangalore from Hyderabad on my KB125 back in October 1999. two guys zipped past me on a Bajaj scooter (mind you, i was travelling at 90kmph). less than a minute later i saw the traffic ahead slowing down. when i reached that spot, saw the same two guys lying in their own pool of blood. don't know what happened, but my guess is they tried a rash overtaking maneuver and almost paid it with their lives.
Old 18th May 2010, 12:58   #1027

Two wheeler riders turn their head right or left, that is understood as inication of their turn, no hand signal or indicators. Head signal has become the rule .
Old 18th May 2010, 13:07   #1028
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
this morning on my way to work there was a woman in KA registered Santro not letting me pass until i stood on the horn.

this afternoon on my way back home there was a woman in KA registered Santro not letting me pass until i stood on the horn.

so +1000 to that
In my trips - both in the city and on the highway, I have encountered hundreds of men exhibiting exactly the same behaviour as that one woman (or two women ?). So what should one infer from that ??
Old 18th May 2010, 13:37   #1029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
In my trips - both in the city and on the highway, I have encountered hundreds of men exhibiting exactly the same behaviour as that one woman (or two women ?). So what should one infer from that ??
Statistics my friend, what percentage of men drivers you encounter are driving wrong and what percentage of women drivers you encounter are driving wrong. Answer will be clear
Old 18th May 2010, 13:46   #1030
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
that they're pathetic drivers?

actually, for me it isn't about being biased towards a particular gender. if you're a bad driver - they ain't two ways about it! you're a bad driver. period!

Last edited by IronH4WK : 18th May 2010 at 13:48.
Old 18th May 2010, 14:37   #1031
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1head View Post
Statistics my friend, what percentage of men drivers you encounter are driving wrong and what percentage of women drivers you encounter are driving wrong. Answer will be clear
Yes, that is true. Scientific research too back things up in this area. It was found by a study that most of the men find the car they are driving as an extension of their body while behind the wheel and the controlling of steering, gear etc happens in the background thread (sorry to use software term, I don't find exact words to describe that) of their brain . On the other hand, most of the women see it like they are controlling the movement of the car using their arms and legs by operating the steering, gear, pedals etc. Hope I am able to convey the idea.
Old 18th May 2010, 15:01   #1032
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Yes, that is true. Scientific research too back things up in this area. It was found by a study that most of the men find the car they are driving as an extension of their body while behind the wheel and the controlling of steering, gear etc happens in the background thread (sorry to use software term, I don't find exact words to describe that) of their brain . On the other hand, most of the women see it like they are controlling the movement of the car using their arms and legs by operating the steering, gear, pedals etc. Hope I am able to convey the idea.
couldn't have said it better
Old 18th May 2010, 19:40   #1033
Senior - BHPian

auntie ji getting ready to violate traffic law - she planning to go in the opposite direction on the Indiranagar 13th Main, which is 24hrs one way!

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_4736.jpg
Old 18th May 2010, 23:12   #1034
Distinguished - BHPian

Fellow members,

This forum is a wonderful place. It would be nice if occasional outbreaks of absolute sexist crap could be avoided. It is possible to open the mind and look beyond ignorant stereotyping.

Thanks.
Old 19th May 2010, 00:31   #1035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Fellow members,

This forum is a wonderful place. It would be nice if occasional outbreaks of absolute sexist crap could be avoided. It is possible to open the mind and look beyond ignorant stereotyping.

Thanks.
You are just being oversensitive - nothing sexist as I see. It is just a recognition as simple as saying men are more muscular than women, or that women are better at language skills.

Without delving too much into the psychology - a greater time, interest and fantasizing of driving on the road makes an average man a better driver than an average woman.

Peace.

Most Viewed