Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2019, 07:42   #10546
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Oh for 3mm-steel bodywork. Or a total lack of concern for one's own paint.
Those scenes, for a moment makes one to wish for a backhoe and use it to lift the car holding the tail of the ambulace and place where it is supposed to be.
Sophomore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2019, 11:19   #10547
BHPian

In an attempt to raise awareness on road safety, Puducherry governor Kiran Bedi turned traffic cop and asked bikers to wear helmet. 'Where is your helmet', she is seen asking bikers on the street of Puducherry in a video which was shared by her on social media. In the video clip, she is also seen apprising repercussion if they do not wear helmet. This is commendable, for her to come on the road to raise this awareness. I hope it does change the mind set of the bikers who do not wear helmets and take unwanted risks.

sparky@home is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2019, 11:39   #10548
Team-BHP Support

I have seen this Orange Fiat Avventura on the Hyderabad ORR many times.
This is nothing compared to the stunts, I have seen this car pull on the ORR.

bblost is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2019, 18:58   #10549
Senior - BHPian

HOW NOT TO APPROACH A JUNCTION

Defensive driving, anyone?
ecenandu is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th February 2019, 17:02   #10550
Distinguished - BHPian

KL-07-CK-6300 Service Helpline Vehicle of Rajasree Motors

The maniac behind the wheel was a complete loser driving dangerously for around 3-4 kms. He almost hit around half a dozen cars, few cyclists and bikers. I did drive next to him and confirmed that he was an employee of Rajasree motors. He didn't budge even though couple of cars were honking continuously to warn him of his dangerous maneuvers.

This is not the first time it's happening. Employees at Rajasree Motors are known for their reckless driving and stunts. Hell, I have even seen an employee take a sort of handbrake turn on the national highway, numerous wheel spins etc and all that on customer vehicles.

Anyhow, I called up Rajasree Motors and informed of this moron, said the same information was forwarded to the traffic SI too and asked them to give an explanation on this. The back office employee said this information would be passed to the concerned section.

Not expecting to hear back from them but I just wanted them to know that there are few concerned drivers out there .
naveen.raju is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 25th February 2019, 17:20   #10551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
KL-07-CK-6300 Service Helpline Vehicle of Rajasree Motors
They are a Merc dealer right? Maybe a word to M.B that customer cars are being mistreated like this might be useful.
hserus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th February 2019, 17:59   #10552
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
HOW NOT TO APPROACH A JUNCTION
Not trying to be judgemental so I apologise in advance but the junction looked busy from quite a distance ahead, especially that truck ready to cross the median while he crossed those barricades at nearly 90KMPH only to slow down to nearly 20s as soon as that biker appeared.

I would actually reduce my speeds to 40s when I am crossing those barricades to remain in better control and anticipate more with a lot of patience to think of the act to mitigate a collision here.

Damn - I see the caption there that its not you

Last edited by paragsachania : 25th February 2019 at 18:02.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2019, 08:25   #10553
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
They are a Merc dealer right? Maybe a word to M.B that customer cars are being mistreated like this might be useful.
Yes. I did call and email M.B. They showed interest when they thought that the car in question was a customer car. When I told am not a M.B customer, they sounded like they were least interested.

I told the dude that I may not be a M.B customer and if this is how cars will be treated, I will never be your customer.
naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2019, 17:22   #10554
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Looks like MB India contacted the dealership. I received a mail from the dealership asking for more details. Said they would take necessary action. I seriously hope that they do.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-screenshot_1.jpg

After giving precise details, they replied back.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-screenshot_2.jpg
naveen.raju is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st March 2019, 19:24   #10555
BHPian

I usually commute to office by the transportation services they offer which I should say is quite well managed and has a feedback system for each trip. Nevertheless, the driver allocated to me yesterday and the trip was a nightmare. He was on his mobile watching videos on WhatsApp and on call without an earpiece for almost 60% of the trip even after me warning him repeatedly. It was a Xylo and we had a couple of close calls and it was only then I hit the SOS button in the App they offer and spoke to the transport team, post which they mentioned that they would educate the driver on these driving etiquettes.

You wouldn't believe me; I was allocated the same cab today and he was on call throughout the 22KM (2 hours) trip.

There's not much we can do when you're on shared cab services with multiple passengers on board, since it might inconvenience others.
soji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2019, 10:56   #10556

This incident happened on Dindigul-Theni highway on 1st March. I was driving my Creta with low beam, probably doing 80-90 kph. Saw this motorist on my opposite lane turning towards my lane without noticing me. As I was anticipating a stupid move from him, I Quickly reacted, applied brakes and maneuvered my car avoiding him. ABS did kick in and save the day.

Last edited by moralfibre : 4th March 2019 at 11:14. Reason: Embedding Youtube video
dinesh17 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 15:31   #10557
BHPian

After patiently bearing with the antics of morons cohabiting roads with me for 19+years since started driving legally, decided enough is enough and will start responding to traffic violations in a non-offensive way. So far, had restrained not to meddle with anything not affecting personally/directly.

As a 1st measure, tried to persuade a 2wheeler rider going on wrong-side of road, without helmet, high-speed, head tilted sideways comically - talking on mobilephone, high-beam, honking incessantly - to use the proper side of road + stop honking + use helmet. Apparently it didn't go well as thought.

Not only he argued that he's in a hurry, so can't "waste" time for all that, upon asking him to stop honking the moron's excuse was:

I am going on wrong side no, so shouldn't I alert others? that's why honking nonstop! And anyway it's past 8pm now, so police won't bother to book for helmetless/wrongside riding.

Hmmm, that's some logic, can't question

Last edited by KrisTvpm : 5th March 2019 at 15:43. Reason: minor edit
KrisTvpm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 19:06   #10558
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted this maniac today. He was continuously honking and almost hit the car in front (you can see his wheels lock up). I should have maintained a bit more distance but I was able to brake on time.

PS - Use audio to hear him honk like crazy.

naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 10:00   #10559
Senior - BHPian

Always expect the unexpected on Indian Highways!!

This was between Salem and Dindigul on NH 44.
sandsun7 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 21:25   #10560
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

I spotted a Team BHPian's red Mahindra Bolero (TN 43 C 3***) in Ooty today. My wife and I were driving our car near the Hyderabad Biriyani House area where the narrow roads are winding and two laned. The red Bolero was behind us and started driving on the wrong side of the road but there was no space to overtake us. We had several vehicles ahead of us as well and in his haste, the person driving the vehicle started driving side by side with us. There was an upcoming turn and had any vehicle come up the turn there were only two outcomes
1. A head on collision with the speeding red Bolero resulting in a serious accident or
2. The Bolero would have swerved left to avoid the incoming vehicle and taken us out, potentially fatally.

My wife who was in the front seat was terrified by the rashness and honking by the person driving the Bolero. I let him / her pass and slowed down. Ironically as we slowed down I saw the I Drive Safe sticker on the rear bumper of the Bolero.

If the owner of the Bolero is reading this, please rethink your decision to hand over your vehicles keys to the person who was driving it today. Seeing the homicidal tendencies displayed by whoever was driving your vehicle today, I feel sad to say an early trip to jail or the graveyard awaits that person if they continue driving in this manner.
neil.jericho is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks