Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2019, 09:45   #10801
Team-BHP Support

re: Two mad Kawasaki ZX10Rs street racing at 250+ km/hr

I have seen few cows eating in the median and once they get their fill, they decide to cross, I am unsure how far can both cows see and can anticipate someone in their path.

I believe a small goat does these antics as well.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 10:08   #10802
BHPian

A video like this scares me. I ride a (fairly) big and powerful bike but seeing this scares me. These two are more than capable of taking someone else out minding his own business. I normally ride on the left side of the road and if these two were to pass me, at those speed, i am bound to be scared and god knows what will happen then. There are two brilliant race tracks close to them, why cant they just take the bikes there and rip it open.

I keep telling all my friends this and now i am certain- in today's world- the youngsters will die of hunger- not of food but of attention that comes from social media. Hope they are more responsible in the future. Hope!

EDIT: and what a bloody sham and hogwash of a disclaimer. "Professionals" "on Location". KIDS- they are idiots on public roads. Please do yourself a favor and do not follow these "professionals ".

Last edited by RohanDheman : 20th August 2019 at 10:11.
RohanDheman is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 10:16   #10803
Distinguished - BHPian

I had come across this guy on youtube sometime back. Surprised to see he is still alive. I think he is riding with a lot of luck on his backside. The roads which he takes are quite familiar to me and only luck has kept him alive till now. I would recommend not to share videos since we are indirectly promoting them, by giving it more views and more moolah to such people. No matter how much the bike can keep itself in control, doing things like zipping past two vehicles at an insane speed is just riding on luck. I sincerely pray he doesnt harm others on the road someday.
audioholic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 10:17   #10804
Distinguished - BHPian

Please do not click on the YT video and further incentivise these death-seekers. I have come across plenty of them especially on the NH75 (Nelamangala-Kunigal-Hassan HW) which is a relatively wide 4 lane highway with less traffic. Couple of times I have been passed by such idiots doing easily 200 km+ given I was at ~100 km/hr.

The slightest distraction (unforced error) on their part AND/OR anything straying into their path can lead to an immediate catastrophe. Think of a missile weighing 275 Kg (bike + rider) at 200 km/hr!

Because of the sheer difference in speeds, a car doing 100 km/hr is inherently more controllable, stable and safer (for the occupants at least)
Old 20th August 2019, 10:59   #10805
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

God knows when these guys will driver properly. Turn up the volume and you can hear him honk continuously.

naveen.raju is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 11:50   #10806
Team-BHP Support

I do like the disclaimer. This has been done by professionals on location. As if on location = controlled track environment.

Wish such ready availability of tracks I don't understand why they need to do these antics on public roads. There has to be a way of reporting these and having them surely. Can someone from KA perhaps do this who is familiar with the process?
Old 20th August 2019, 12:29   #10807
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
God knows when these guys will driver properly. Turn up the volume and you can hear him honk continuously.
A huge menace on Kerala roads! These guys have more urgency than an ambulance, cut through the lanes without any regard for other vehicles, only to stop again at the next bus stop 50 meters ahead
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 13:00   #10808
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Go a bit to the North of the state and you will have conductors bang on the outside of the doors along with the bus driver's honking!
deathwalkr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 13:16   #10809
Senior - BHPian

No wonder this kind of errant and deadly behaviour is so rampant nowadays. These guys get so much inspiration to indulge in such things. As a consequence all Bikers get a disrepute.

There are guys who have become famous on the motorcycling scene here (e.g. an ex-powerdrift host), who regularly post pics and videos of them popping wheelies and knee downs on public roads. They respond arrogantly and belligerently when they are pointed out that many other guys look up to them and so they have a responsibility to set a good example. :(

Last edited by roy_libran : 20th August 2019 at 13:26.
Old 20th August 2019, 14:48   #10810
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Please do not click on the YT video and further incentivise these death-seekers.

In India, if someone can buy a Litre bike, they're more likely to be rich enough to not care about the loose change from YouTube earnings.

What they seek, IMO, is fame.

Report their channel, hit them where it hurts.
simeonovitch is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 14:50   #10811
Distinguished - BHPian

These jerks started on the Greater Noida expressway going from Noida to Greater Noida, and then took the Yamuna Expressway. The ‘pit stop’ (sic) was at the rest point at Jewar. Both these roads have a 100kmph speed limit. As it is, these so called professionals can be prosecuted.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 10:26   #10812
BHPian

Re: Two mad Kawasaki ZX10Rs street racing at 250+ km/hr

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
Sigh, and again this happens to be in Karnataka, the land of buzzing mosquitoes called 2-wheelers.

Whenever I've criticized a particular bunch of riders, I've been furiously attacked for segregating bikers, but just think of this scenario.. 2 bikes at 250 kmph, even the slightest lane-change by other motorists can result in the instant end of the biker and much worse so for the truck/car driver who'd be pronounced guilty for absolutely no fault of theirs as no one can read an object coming behind at 250 kmph (that's over 210 feet per second fyi).

EDIT : I've reported the video under Dangerous Acts : Other Dangerous Acts and given them the timestamp of the offending parts.

As it stands, they've broken the law, and they're shameless enough to put it up on YouTube.. what next, vlogs on burglaries and they'll be watched without guilt, perhaps even a hint of pleasure?
WOW, 210 feet per second

Thanks for reporting, I am doing the same.
I have experienced such speeds, and tunnel vision (blurring of surroundings) is the 1st thing that came to my mind. Even a micro-second of misjudgment can instantly end this joke, IMHO.

More info about tunnel vision can be found on this educational site (https://sites.psu.edu/psych256sp14/2...al-perception/)

You will be surprised by the findings.
Nitish.arnold is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 12:20   #10813
BHPian

I actually flinched on a couple of occasions when both riders "threaded the needle" at speeds in excess of 120km/h.

I have reported the video on Youtube. I would urge other BHPians to do the same.

Last edited by satishv1987 : 21st August 2019 at 12:21. Reason: Grammar
satishv1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 13:05   #10814
Distinguished - BHPian

At first when I noticed this thread title I assumed it to be from some race track but realised this to be from our good old Bangalore - Hassan road and this is one road you must avoid on that weekend morning to avoid these morons.

I am not sure why are we even having this thread in the first place that is indirectly giving more mileage to the vloggers exhibiting extreme foolishness on Public roads. Further, this is not speeding, it is criminal! I just cannot fathom that this is also on Hot threads.

Reporting this thread too.
paragsachania is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 13:39   #10815
BANNED

I suppose that in today's world of political correctness it would be incorrect to condone or condemn such over speeding.
I for one don't even agree with the desperate need for more power and revs that many members post here. There is simply no way that anyone with a powerful car is not going to overspeed at some point or other. While owners of even lesser powered
cars may overspeed on occasion, 100+ bhp car owners are going to do so with fair regularity. They would justify it saying that they were open multi lane highways. The younger generation raised on a diet of glorification of such acts on screen, are developing such habits and are not entirely to blame.
fiestarry is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks