Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2019, 18:28   #10876
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Except that this guy is riding the wrong way as cars whizz past at 100 KMPH. Who cares! This guy definitely does not!!
Potential organ donor, period.
Old 3rd October 2019, 11:06   #10877
Distinguished - BHPian

At first, you can see the Skoda dude overtaking the Figo which is already on the wrong lane. Then the Figo does it, not once, but twice.

naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2019, 23:01   #10878
BHPian

A random feed in my Facebook wall. Link says it found Audi drivers are the worst and most inconsiderate motorists on the Road. Very debatable and may not be true at least in India.

Link.
Old 8th October 2019, 07:38   #10879
BHPian

Team-Bhp members on road

Hey all, when we are driving in the city or on the highway or through the mountains and hills; as much as we hate the traffic, love the speed or admire the nature, we look out for the birds with the same feathers. Our eyes will constantly scan for those small team-bhp stickers on the cars. The reason is to actually see how well maintained a car is. I have seen the Daewoo Cielo, Fiat Uno, Mitsubishi Lancer, Honda City... Even the ambassadors and the NE118s in out-of-showroom condition when it wears team-bhp on it. Passionate owners for sure.

The second thing is the driving manners. A person with a team-bhp label on the car, is by far the fastest and safest too on roads... It is always a pleasure to welcome driving manners!

However, the reason for me to write here is about my bad experience last Sunday i.e. On the 29th September. I am associated with team-bhp since 2006 for the best experiences so far.

I saw a white Fiat Punto from about 200 meters on the Hosur road on the D Mart flyover. Superb clean it was. And I spotted team-bhp sticker on the bumper. My perception says that a Fiat is only owned by an auto enthusiast. I was on my Yamaha Ray and I was doing about 85kmph. When I inched towards passing the car, my friend suddenly cuts the lane without seeing the mirror. We generally overtake a person who keeps the wing mirrors opened knowing that the driver of the car is watching the road. Fortunately, I had enough space to manoeuvre and there was no vehicle behind me and by God's grace, the reflexes worked well.

I wouldn't be writing here today about my experience if there was a road mishap that day.

I urge my fellow riders and drivers to drive responsibly.

Drive fast but please drive safe

Last edited by RenuKumar : 8th October 2019 at 07:41.
Old 8th October 2019, 09:32   #10880
BHPian

Re: Team-Bhp members on road

85kmph on a scooter? That's way too much.

This post should either be in the bad drivers or near miss thread.
swissknife is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th October 2019, 10:55   #10881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenuKumar View Post
Please apply this to yourself. Driving that scooter at 85 (top speed is 86) is simply irresponsible.
avdhesh15 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 8th October 2019, 10:59   #10882
BHPian

Quote:
A person with a team-bhp label on the car, is by far the fastest and safest too on roads... It is always a pleasure to welcome driving manners!
Buddy, thats a completely wrong assumption. Having a TBHP sticker, or for that matter being a TBHP member doesn't mean that one is a safe or sane driver. Mods don't conduct interviews or driving tests before accepting memberships. I've had people ask me to get a membership for them (which I've politely declined). Some of the worst driving I've seen have been by cars with TBHP stickers pasted on them. So lets not assume stuff.

I agree, this should be in the Near Miss thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
Driving that scooter at 85 (top speed is 86) is simply irresponsible.
Doesn't the flyover have an 80 kph speed limit?

Last edited by GeneralJazz : 8th October 2019 at 11:07.
GeneralJazz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2019, 11:41   #10883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralJazz View Post
Doesn't the flyover have an 80 kph speed limit?
I think what he meant was the rated max speed of the scooter is 86kmph. It's best not to ride or drive a vechicle more than 80% of its max rated speed. Having said that, that 80% would be high as well.
Old 8th October 2019, 13:29   #10884
BHPian

Quote:
I wouldn't be writing here today about my experience if there was a road mishap that day.

Good to hear that no mishap happened. Team-bhp stickers are not exclusive to members; anyone can purchase and stick it on the car.

Maybe you were in the blind spot of the car when the driver started the lane change maneuver. 2 Wheelers are not easily visible, so please take caution while overtaking.
Old 8th October 2019, 15:27   #10885
BHPian

Quote:
The second thing is the driving manners. A person with a team-bhp label on the car, is by far the fastest and safest too on roads... It is always a pleasure to welcome driving manners!
Wrong presumption. You never know if the driver is a BHPian.

Quote:
Drive fast but please drive safe
I have seen many BHPian's who boasts the TBHP stickers drive sane and have a good traffic sense. Thanks to Bad Drivers and the Accidents in India threads which helped many here including me to be a better driver and we are still learning.
Old 8th October 2019, 15:53   #10886
BHPian

Quote:
*SNIP*
I was on my Yamaha Ray and I was doing about 85kmph.*SNIP*

We generally overtake a person who keeps the wing mirrors opened knowing that the driver of the car is watching the road *SNIP*

*SNIP*
Your first mistake was resuming that a TBHP sticker is a certificate of good driving.

Your second mistake was riding a small scooter at those speeds.

Your third mistake is - you saw that the mirrors were open and presumed that the driver knew you were there.

The key to good driving is to make sure that the driver is actually looking at you in the mirror - you should be able to make eye contact with the driver in the mirror. Only then can you assume that they have seen you; and even then it is not a Green-light for you to overtake. Make sure that the driver understands that you are about to overtake, wait for him to acknowledge that he has indeed noticed you and is willing to let you pass; and only then overtake. Now, THAT is when you can even begin to call yourself a decent driver.

Therefore, it is I who should be urging you to drive responsibly.

Cheers

Last edited by aah78 : 8th October 2019 at 17:37. Reason: Spacing.
tilt is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th October 2019, 22:29   #10887
BHPian

Whether it is OP's unsafe speed or the alleged unsafe lane cutting by Fiat, both should be discouraged nomatter they are forum members or not.

Having said that, T-BhP sticker on my vehicle does impart a sense of responsibility. At the back of my mind I tend to be extra cautious to not become a bad example that my mistakes could affect forum reputation.

Last edited by Thermodynamics : 8th October 2019 at 22:32.
Thermodynamics is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2019, 17:05   #10888
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pics: Accidents in India

When two 'folks' meet on road face to face:

sarathlal is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th October 2019, 17:21   #10889
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pics: Accidents in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
When two 'folks' meet on road face to face:
Isn't that from a movie shoot? Bus made room for auto, good anticipation from car driver to make room for auto to pass - it is too unrealistic to happen on a regular road
msdivy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2019, 11:55   #10890
BHPian

The MV Department authorities have taken action against a private bus driver who jumped the lane and blocked the way of an ambulance at the Paliyekkara Thrissur toll booth on Wednesday. Enforcement Regional Transport Officer, who witnessed the incident, directed action against driver of the private bus. The bus jumped the lane and used the emergency lane meant for ambulance and other emergency services. A fine of ₹10,000 was slapped on him and he was sent for a traffic rule awareness class.
This is quite common at most of the toll booths, and these buses follow the rule might is right. I hope the driver learnt his lesson. This particular driver has been doing this for some time and the officials were waiting to nab him. In fact the video is from an earlier date for this violation at the toll booth and I guess his luck ran out.

sparky@home is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks