Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2019, 17:09   #10891
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

This dude almost takes down the cop.

Keep an eye on the left side and use audio. The video starts with a bike blaring his horn continuously. Then you can see the i20 dude using his mobile and driving. He was literally using both hands to text and this continued for sometime. You can notice the biker looking at him. Guess he was amazed to literally see "Hands-free" driving.

Old 19th October 2019, 17:17   #10892
Distinguished - BHPian

Nobody in the world likes bad drivers.

The 10 Signs You’re A Bad Driver
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2019, 20:22   #10893
Senior - BHPian

Impatience is a standard trademark of many a bad driver. Here are three different vehicles in 3 different situations showcasing their impatience.
1. Biker in a crowded street
This guy overtakes me on the left and then rides across my front to try and overtake the car in front by riding onto oncoming traffic. He concludes that he can't do the overtake and also realises that he's actually reached his destination and swerves back to the left of the road to park.

2. Bus in the outskirts of the town
Watch the bus try to overtake me and the truck in front of me on the left. What is the hurry? As I make my right turn a few seconds later, I realise that he's trying to do the same right turn in my rearview mirror. I wonder what he was trying to achieve by overtaking us! His impatience rubbed onto me as I did make a right turn nudging through halted traffic as a truck struggled to get onto the main road!

3. Impatient Swift on the highway
This kind of driving has been showcased several times in this thread. While he could have done a normal overtaking manoeuvre, he chooses to hurriedly overtake the Indica on the left, well outside the marked side of the road. Thankfully there is enough road on the edge of this section of the Bangalore Chennai highway for him to do this uneventfully!

Note: My dash cam should have pointed a little lower - so you end up seeing a lot of the sky in these clips!!
BenjiRoss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2019, 09:32   #10894
BHPian

The red Baleno was parked at a place where there is a U-turn permitted. This is near the AXIS bank area on GN "Chetty" road in TNagar, Chennai. The location where the car was parked would cause a need for 3 point U-turn and thereby creating a traffic jam. Though there was very little traffic at the time I clicked this picture, the road does have a fair amount of traffic throughout the day.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-20191029_110933.jpg  

swissknife is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2019, 10:01   #10895
BHPian

Had taken this photo a fortnight ago, but forgot to post here. The area in front of my house is a No Parking zone on both sides of the road, since it's narrow and heavily congested. This man wanted to buy something from a shop, and not finding any place on the side of the road, he placed his car beside the divider and went away for more than 5 minutes. When he returned, he started arguing with the policemen that he was gone only for a few minutes and he did nothing wrong since there was no space to park on the roadside.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20191014_163104.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20191014_163128.jpg
boniver is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 30th October 2019, 14:34   #10896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
This man wanted to buy something from a shop, and not finding any place on the side of the road, he placed his car beside the divider and went away for more than 5 minutes.
The most ridiculous driver I have ever seen.

I thought of stepping into his shoes and understand what made him to park it that way. Exactly at the median. May be he thought People will treat his car as an extension to the existing median and drive on.

Last edited by aah78 : 30th October 2019 at 20:23. Reason: Posts merged on request.
saisree is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2019, 15:15   #10897
BHPian

Quote:
When he returned, he started arguing with the policemen that he was gone only for a few minutes and he did nothing wrong since there was no space to park on the roadside.
I hope he was challaned. If left unpunished, such people continue to do so with greater impunity.
DriverR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2019, 16:17   #10898
BHPian

Quote:
Had taken this photo a fortnight ago, but forgot to post here. The area in front of my house is a No Parking zone on both sides of the road, since it's narrow and heavily congested. This man wanted to buy something from a shop, and not finding any place on the side of the road, he placed his car beside the divider and went away for more than 5 minutes. When he returned, he started arguing with the policemen that he was gone only for a few minutes and he did nothing wrong since there was no space to park on the roadside.
Majority of our car drivers do not really have the sense of thinking - how to park the car properly without causing inconvenience to others. First place, we do not have basic etiquette of driving on roads, how can we expect them to park well? Such wrongly parked cars should be locked, owner should be fined and send for some mandatory classroom counselling.

I work in a MNC which has a big multi level car parking in a building separately of more than 10 floors apart from garage parking for each of the office buildings. Every day, I see one or 2 cars which are wrongly parked in the garage attached to office buildings - either in parking slots meant for differently abled persons or near the garage entrance where the half of the car occupies the space meant of exit/entry of the cars. Each time I see this, I always think how hard it can be to park the car in the multi level parking lot and spend 5 mins to walk to your building. Security people sometimes lock the car's wheels.
bvasista is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2019, 17:46   #10899
BHPian

I had parked my car to let a cross traffic bus to pass on a narrow road, when this Swift suddenly comes from behind and gets ahead of me and creates a traffic block and then he has to reverse, when he almost ran into my car. He appeared to be chap with basic driving skills, and no common sense.

Saw this lady driving a scooty with 4 children, (very small ones at that), all clinging for dear life. I wonder how common sense escapes these people, if they do any have any, I wonder.

sparky@home is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2019, 18:36   #10900
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky@home View Post
I had parked my car to let a cross traffic bus to pass on a narrow road, when this Swift suddenly comes from behind and gets ahead of me and creates a traffic block and then he has to reverse, when he almost ran into my car. He appeared to be chap with basic driving skills, and no common sense.
Damned annoying when someone overtakes, when one has stopped to give way to an oncoming vehicle. Ignorance, stupidity, or both.

Notice also how the bikers here have no thought about getting out of the way or making life easier for anyone. Sadly typical.

The bus drivers must experience these scenarios many times a day. I wouldn't want that job!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2019, 20:26   #10901
Senior - BHPian

So My first Dashcam Videos from Blaupunkt BP 2.0 Dashcam-

Sorry for Video Quality at Night.

I had bought this Dashcam in Aug. 2015 but had not used it since then. But seeing so much Dashcam Videos on our Beloved Forum, I thought I too should jump in this well.
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 20:47   #10902
Senior - BHPian

I don't usually get triggered that easily, but yesterday saw an idiot Auto driver scraping cars waiting in traffic on purpose with his rear mudguard Is there any way to report these maniacs?

I was on my scooter, was ready to support any car owner who wanted to ask him questions, but didn't see that happening.

Last edited by Aditya : 6th November 2019 at 08:31. Reason: Purposefully changed to on purpose
giri1.8 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2019, 18:05   #10903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post

I had bought this Dashcam in Aug. 2015 but had not used it since then. But seeing so much Dashcam Videos on our Beloved Forum, I thought I too should jump in this well.
Forget about the wrong side rickshaw.. what about that biker who magically drives through traffic at 0:04 seconds
Old 9th November 2019, 07:09   #10904
Senior - BHPian

This is one of the dangers when using hazard lights while driving in the rain - you lose the ability to indicate a turn or change of lane.

The driver in front of me had his hazard lights as it was raining. His left indicator and wail-light were busted, so essentially he had his right indicator on the whole time. So when he wanted to turn right, he couldn't 'indicate' the change and I found this move on the highway a little unexpected. Not a close call, but I was annoyed with him. We had just crossed a barricade and I expected him to continue straight and probably accelerate, but he slowed to turn. I had enough space to easily change lanes, but can imagine someone rear-ending him if they were too close to him!
Old 10th November 2019, 00:12   #10905
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
This is one of the dangers when using hazard lights while driving in the rain - you lose the ability to indicate a turn or change of lane.
Indeed. There is absolutely no reason to use hazard lights because it is raining. The people behind also know it is raining. Maybe, for a short time when suddenly driving into seriously reduced visibility, ie a hazard.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks